The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 05:16 AM   #76
zryson
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - Part 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
Yea he's had some trauma, but not every deals with trauma or tragedy by being a moping sad sack. Superman should still have a smile on his face and embrace his position as the Earths protector.
Its one thing for him to embrace himself as the Earth's protector but would the people of the world see him that way? What if more aliens come to Earth because of Superman? What if a major city, like Coast City is destroyed? Millions of people dead because an alien came to Earth because of Superman? It opens up a lot of roads for the movies moving forward.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:16 AM   #77
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - Part 76

Sigh... The last shot of Cavill as Clark/Kal-el/Superman in MOS is him doing what, people?

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:20 AM   #78
D.P.
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Sigh... The last shot of Cavill as Clark/Kal-el/Superman in MOS is him doing what, people?
But...but...but he never smiles...

Old 07-15-2014, 05:32 AM   #79
The Endless
WE are Groot

Obviously he smiled in Man of Steel.

But i'm talking about in this next film. Sure it makes sense if he's still a bit shaken up from having to execute Zod. But i want to see a Superman who can deal with trauma in a different way than Bruce Wayne.

Superman shouldn't be angry, or mopey, or insecure. That's what separates Supes from all his expys like Sentry or Plutonian etc. They are the ones who struggle with that huge responsibility and power. Superman shouldn't. He embraces it, he's happy to do it. That's Superman.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:39 AM   #80
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zryson View Post
Its one thing for him to embrace himself as the Earth's protector but would the people of the world see him that way? What if more aliens come to Earth because of Superman? What if a major city, like Coast City is destroyed? Millions of people dead because an alien came to Earth because of Superman? It opens up a lot of roads for the movies moving forward.
Yeah Snyder really dropped the ball by making Superman the reason Zod came to Earth in the first place and worse the World knows this
Quote:

But i'm talking about in this next film. Sure it makes sense if he's still a bit shaken up from having to execute Zod. But i want to see a Superman who can deal with trauma in a different way than Bruce Wayne.

Superman shouldn't be angry, or mopey, or insecure. That's what separates Supes from all his expys like Sentry or Plutonian etc. They are the ones who struggle with that huge responsibility and power. Superman shouldn't. He embraces it, he's happy to do it. That's Superman
This!I do not want to see a Superman that is plagued by guilt AT ALL!Screw MOS haters give me Superman

Old 07-15-2014, 05:50 AM   #81
Tv's Phil
Side-Kick

I doubt he'll have a Bruce Wayne style personality.
Maybe he'll see who he doesn't really want to be in Bruce if he holds onto his grief and Bruce will learn from Clark(without inherently changing who he is).

Old 07-15-2014, 05:56 AM   #82
WBwins
Side-Kick

Heres some random speculation about the movie:

Considering we are getting an older more experienced Supes in BVS that will mean hes been saving people for a while now.

Inevitably that means he will have LOADS of admirers not just haters.Realistically some would look up to him as a benevolent god.And like all gods Superman will have followers whether he wants it or not.

Supermans followers will probably be human beings inspired by Superman to help the world.Maybe they'll wear Superman Tshirts/medallions to honor their "god".Maybe even have the statue built in honor of him.technically they wont actually worship Superman but they the reverence and admiration they give him is almost like they do.

I would call the Superman followers "Kalites".

Naturally the Government will not be happy at the rise of Kalites all over the world,Lex especially.So they'll want to put him down just like the Pharisees wanted to put Jesus down.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:03 AM   #83
D.P.
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
This!I do not want to see a Superman that is plagued by guilt AT ALL!Screw MOS haters give me Superman
Catch 22 here.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:04 AM   #84
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Imagine if Superman is plagued by the cholera. it would be a real twist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
It's Zryson. Everything he says is so funny.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:12 AM   #85
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:

Superman shouldn't be angry, or mopey, or insecure. That's what separates Supes from all his expys like Sentry or Plutonian etc. They are the ones who struggle with that huge responsibility and power. Superman shouldn't. He embraces it, he's happy to do it. That's Superman.
One of the things about BvS that I am curious of, is whether Batman has killed? And, if not what are his feelings about Superman killing? Will it be a point which brings the two together or as the older wiser of the pair, will Batman remain cautious of Superman?

Old 07-15-2014, 06:15 AM   #86
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

you mean, is Batman a virgin in killing? if he is, will he blush when he faces superman for the first time?

Quote:
Old 07-15-2014, 06:18 AM   #87
D.P.
Banned User

Quote:
you mean, is Batman a virgin in killing? if he is, will he blush when he faces superman for the first time?
"Tee hee."

Old 07-15-2014, 06:19 AM   #88
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Since the press release made it clear Bruce Wayne is both older and wiser, I wonder if they will play up Clark's lack of experience and his naviety in meddling with world affairs. A neat twist would also be to see Luthor setting Superman up for a major fall from grace. He knows Superman already killed a member of his own race (Zod) so imagine what would happen if Superman thought he killed a human being?

Old 07-15-2014, 06:24 AM   #89
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

I could definitely see that happening. They did something like that in a justice league origins issue. And Batman did the investigation. and he thtreatened Luthor in the end, and the whole league showed up "act against one of us, you're targeting all of us".

Quote:
Old 07-15-2014, 06:27 AM   #90
WBwins
Side-Kick

Bats wouldnt have a problem Supes Killing to save the planet-why would he?.He did what he had to do.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:29 AM   #91
The Endless
WE are Groot

I think he could initially view him as dangerous. Here is a guy who is practically invulnerable and has the ability to destroy cities single handidly. Until Bats knows the real Kal, he will view him as a potential threat.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:32 AM   #92
Tv's Phil
Side-Kick

Well it is his pretty rigid method.
Look at how people who saw MoS and had a problem with it offered up other solutions or said "There's always another way."
I've seen Batman written that way so it wouldn't be a surprise if he takes issue with Superman killing.
Though on the other hand, Clark wasn't exactly an established superhero so Batman would have no reason to hold him to the same standards. Plus Batman would have never dealt with aliens either.

Point is, it could go either way.
I expect it to go Batman distrusts Clark at first and eventually changes his mind.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:33 AM   #93
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think he could initially view him as dangerous. Here is a guy who is practically invulnerable and has the ability to destroy cities single handidly. Until Bats knows the real Kal, he will view him as a potential threat.
I agree. I think Batman would view Superman as somebody worthy of studying further and developing something to counter him; should he ever go bad. Maybe Kryptonite? I also think its great Gary Oldman spoke up about his doubts regarding Batman v Superman. Warner Bros was probably less happy about a prominent actor giving voice to doubts regarding their film; but I commend his honesty regarding the film.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:38 AM   #94
The Endless
WE are Groot

What did Oldman say?

Old 07-15-2014, 06:46 AM   #95
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
What did Oldman say?
He did an interview with Yahoo! Movies. Under the headline "Gary Oldman Skeptical About Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice (Exclusive)" he talked about his worries concerning BvS saying: “They want to keep it going. Of course they do. But, it’s Superman yeah? Batman and Superman together? We shall see.” “The thing about Nolan, there was some grounding of reality to it. In our trilogy, and as fantastical and as big as The Joker was, it was based [on reality]… we could relate to it.” “But now we’ve got a Batman and we’ve got a guy who can fly who’s an alien?! We’ll have to see…” “It’s got big shoes to fill”.

Gary Oldman is right. Affleck as Batman will be closely watched and compared to Bale as Batman/Bruce Wayne in the Nolan Movies. That series of films saved the DCU. But then instead of adding to the Nolan Batman, they are instead going for a brand new Batman, starting over in essence. So the onus will be upon Warner Bros to give audiences something comparable in greatness.

Last edited by zryson; 07-15-2014 at 06:50 AM.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:47 AM   #96
D.P.
Banned User

I think we already have a thread for people who subconsciously want this film to fail.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:51 AM   #97
The Endless
WE are Groot

I don't agree with Oldman really. Nolan's take was valid, but it's not my ideal take of Batman.

Batman might be a human being with no super powers... but he's still not realistic. Batman existing in the real world is just as far fetched as Superman existing in the real world.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:51 AM   #98
McLarenMP4
Side-Kick

Quote:
What did Oldman say?
Just had to look it up myself but nothing too bad, just that Batman being in the fantastical world of Superman will be weird essentially.

https://uk.yahoo.com/movies/gary-old...765680981.html

Old 07-15-2014, 06:56 AM   #99
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Why would Warner Bros. care what Gary Oldman has to say about the movie? He's entitled to his opinion.

It's not his job to promote positivity with the film, but regardless, news is news and as long as people are talking the WB is happy.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 07-15-2014, 06:56 AM   #100
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't agree with Oldman really. Nolan's take was valid, but it's not my ideal take of Batman.

Batman might be a human being with no super powers... but he's still not realistic. Batman existing in the real world is just as far fetched as Superman existing in the real world.
Nolan's Batman universe was excellent. Superb. They were so expertly crafted and acted, by actors who were more than mere cardboard cut-outs. Bale's Batman is the standard upon which Affleck will be compared to, just as Cavill was compared to Reeve. The same, I think will happen to a lesser degree with Gadot as Wonder Woman and Eisenberg as Luthor to previous versions.

Closed Thread