The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 07-17-2014, 01:47 PM   #26
Rowsdower!
Zoom Zoom Zoom

Default Re: Fox might buy Warner Brothers / Time Warner

I despise Rupert Murdoch. This would only give him more money and power, so I hope it doesn't happen. I don't know how it would affect WB's DC properties... but regardless, I don't want Murdoch to have any more reach than he already does.

Old 07-17-2014, 02:02 PM   #27
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I despise Rupert Murdoch. This would only give him more money and power, so I hope it doesn't happen. I don't know how it would affect WB's DC properties... but regardless, I don't want Murdoch to have any more reach than he already does.
I second that!

As much as it pains me to admit it, I kinda agree with zryson.
~ Naked Bat
BatFan1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:10 PM   #28
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Isnt WB like 2nd in terms of money to Disney and success? I cant imagine FOX getting their hands on them.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:15 PM   #29
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

It probably wont happen.
We are really just speculating at this point .

Mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:31 PM   #30
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Isnt WB like 2nd in terms of money to Disney and success? I cant imagine FOX getting their hands on them.
Only on film, and right now they're actualy first, in least until Disney starts launching Avengers 2, Star Wars, Pirates of the caribbean 5, alice 2, etc

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:28 PM   #31
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
You're may be right. But a combined FOX/WB would have less incentive to invest in the X-Men and FF franchises and potential spin offs since the company doesn't own the underlying IP. If the DCU takes off, the returns for a "Secret Six" film could be much more lucrative due to ancillary rights than an "X-Force" film. Could the FF and X-Men be FOX's version of the Power Rangers, which Disney sold off after acquiring Marvel?

If Disney enters talks with FOX/WB to buy CNN, my guess is that Iger and company will at least mention the other properties FOX is holding that the Mouse wants to get their hands on. Post merger, Murdoch may be open to listening.
FOX does own the film production and distribution rights to X-Men and FF and as long as there is still a way to make a profit from them they will keep those until they expire. Just for the record, the agreement with FOX gives them the right to produce and distribute the two Marvel franchises at their expense in exchange for a licensing fee to Disney/Marvel. Now, I could see Disney/Marvel asking for the rights to the Marvel properties back in a deal with CNN, but I think that Time Warner (TWX) would just as well spin off the network as a separate public company, just like they did with Time Magazine, Time Warner Cable, and AOL.

Old 07-17-2014, 05:22 PM   #32
Skrilla31
Side-Kick

Sinister Six movie about to be replaced by a Legion of Doom movie.

Skrilla31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:38 PM   #33
roach
I am the night

Time Warner Inc. Rejects Unsolicited Proposal from Twenty-First Century Fox

Board Confident in Time Warner Strategy to Continue Delivering Stockholder Value
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Time Warner Inc. (NYSE:TWX) today confirmed that it rejected a proposal from Twenty-First Century Fox (NASDAQ:FOXA) to acquire all of the outstanding shares of the Company for a combination of 1.531 of Twenty-First Century Fox Class A non-voting common shares and $32.42 in cash per share (the " Proposal").
The Time Warner Board, after consultation with its financial and legal advisors, determined that it was not in the best interests of Time Warner or its stockholders to accept the Proposal or to pursue any discussions with Twenty-First Century Fox. The Board is confident that continuing to execute its strategic plan will create significantly more value for the Company and its stockholders and is superior to any proposal that Twenty-First Century Fox is in a position to offer.
In making its determination, the Time Warner Board considered, among other things, that:
The execution of Time Warner’s strategic plan will continue to drive significant and sustainable value for Time Warner stockholders;
The unique value of Time Warner’s industry-leading businesses including its portfolio of networks and its film studio and television production business is only going to increase;
There is significant risk and uncertainty as to the valuation of Twenty-First Century Fox’s non-voting stock and Twenty-First Century Fox’s ability to govern and manage a combination of the size and scale of Twenty-First Century Fox and Time Warner; and
There are considerable strategic, operational, and regulatory risks to executing a combination with Twenty-First Century Fox.
Time Warner’s Board also noted the consistent track record of Time Warner’s proven management team in achieving superior returns as well as completing a series of transactions to unlock value in related businesses, including the separation of AOL, Time Warner Cable, and Time Inc. Under its strategic plan, Time Warner has delivered a total shareholder return of more than 150% since 2008, almost tripling the return of the S&P 500 over the same period, as management has pursued a disciplined approach to position the Company as a global leader in media and entertainment while managing its operations and capital structure to maximize shareholder returns.
Citigroup Global Markets Inc. is acting as financial advisor to Time Warner. Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP is acting as legal advisor to Time Warner.
ABOUT TIME WARNER INC.
Time Warner Inc., a global leader in media and entertainment with businesses in television networks and film and TV entertainment, uses its industry-leading operating scale and brands to create, package and deliver high-quality content worldwide on a multi-platform basis.
CAUTION CONCERNING FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS
This document contains certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements are based on management’s current expectations or beliefs, and are subject to uncertainty and changes in circumstances. Actual results may vary materially from those expressed or implied by the statements herein due to changes in economic, business, competitive, technological, strategic and/or regulatory factors and other factors affecting the operation of Time Warner businesses. More detailed information about these factors may be found in filings by Time Warner with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and subsequent Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q. Time Warner is under no obligation, and expressly disclaims any such obligation, to update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:03 PM   #34
Magic Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Couldn't agree more!

Old 07-17-2014, 08:19 PM   #35
Saint
The Devil's Robot

If Murdoch pursues this, it would be deeply unfortunate for DC Comics, I suspect. I would weep.

Also? Hilarious this, hilarious that, I win and you lose.
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:22 PM   #36
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

If Fox does somehow buy Time Warner, they sure as hell better leave the WB movie studios alone!!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:24 PM   #37
Hazarddude
Disclaimer: Not a dude.

I'm confident this won't happen. Murdoch (what a great name for a villain) will not take over the world.

"I wouldn't have done it if I didn't think I could do it. I have the benefit of a lot of that understanding." BatFleck.
Hazarddude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:55 PM   #38
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Yeah I'm not really a fan of monopolies.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:57 PM   #39
Boom
I got nothin'

WB should turn around and offer $85 billion for 20th Century Fox.

Old 07-18-2014, 01:04 PM   #40
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
WB should turn around and offer $85 billion for 20th Century Fox.
I wouldn't offer any more than what FOX offered to purchase TWX. Both companies have very similar balance sheets. In fact, I would offer slightly less.

Old 07-18-2014, 01:26 PM   #41
HaplessHenchman
Goon for hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazarddude View Post
I'm confident this won't happen. Murdoch (what a great name for a villain) will not take over the world.
Actually, when I hear the name Mrudoch, I think of this loveable, but crazy guy from the A-team:

Hey, it beats thinking of this creepy dude:

HaplessHenchman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:31 PM   #42
Hazarddude
Disclaimer: Not a dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaplessHenchman View Post
Actually, when I hear the name Mrudoch, I think of this loveable, but crazy guy from the A-team:

Hey, it beats thinking of this creepy dude:
UGHHH!!! That sagging, melting face. Why can't he just go?....

"I wouldn't have done it if I didn't think I could do it. I have the benefit of a lot of that understanding." BatFleck.
Hazarddude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:09 PM   #43
bluerayer
MCU

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaplessHenchman View Post
Actually, when I hear the name Murdoch, I think of this loveable, but crazy guy from the A-team:

When i hear Murdoch i instantly think about that guy too.

Or this guy from MacGyver:

and of course this guy: (I cant believe i almost forgot about him)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
bluerayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 03:36 PM   #44
dnno1
Side-Kick

They haven't given up yet:

Fox Mulls Using Sky Sale to Boost Time Warner Bid
http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...arner-bidMight sell a stake in Sky News in order to sweeten the pot in an offer to acquire Time Warner (TWX).The sale would comprise of Sky Italia (100% stake) and Sky Deuchland AG (57% stake). This could also trigger sale of their 39% stake in British BSkyB as well.

Old 07-21-2014, 03:38 PM   #45
Rowsdower!
Zoom Zoom Zoom

Don't give in, WB.

I would rather you crap all over Superman and Batman in 10 movies than give Rupert Murdoch a damned thing.

Old 07-21-2014, 03:44 PM   #46
Lord
All Mighty

Is he that much of a bad person?

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 03:57 PM   #47
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Yeah he is.

Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:03 PM   #48
Steelsheen
Iconic

geezus what is Murdoch's angle in all this huh? the Time Warner group can buy HIM off if he gets too annoying does he know that?

M A D N E S S
IS LIKE GRAVITY
ALL IT TAKES
IS A LITTLE
PUSH

Join the newest Maze Runner Community built by Gladers for Gladers! http://themazerunner.net/forums

Follow me on Twitter: All the Geekery @Steelsheen | MazeRunner @DashnerGeek | Divergent @SteeleDivergent

Steelsheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:06 PM   #49
fake
Side-Kick

Time Warner sending a clear message: http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/time...fense-murdoch/

Quote:
Time Warner Changes By-Laws To Help Block A Hostile Takeover

This is the first concrete sign that Time Warner is determined to fight Fox CEO Rupert Murdoch if he decides to do an end run around the board in an effort to acquire the company. Directors adopted an amendment to TW’s by-laws, which took effect immediately, that makes it harder for a small group of shareholders to call a Business Leaders Gather For B20 Summit In Sydneyspecial meeting, Time Warner says in an SEC filing. Previously investors holding at least 15% of the total votes could demand a meeting. The change limits that right to “the Chief Executive Officer or a majority of the entire Board.” The fear was that Murdoch — or anyone — could have tried to stampede short-term investors into accepting a deal even if the board concluded that it would not serve their long-term interests.

fake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:11 PM   #50
Masone
Side-Kick

I highly doubt they would merge the two studios. They would most likely just let Fox and WB operate separately with no crossover action, unless of course Murdoch is a fan boy and wants something like a crossover to happen on the big screen.

Masone is offline   Reply With Quote