The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 01:24 AM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - Part 76

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 07-20-2014, 01:24 AM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 75

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 07-20-2014, 01:24 AM   #3
Mr. Gatsby
The Great Gatsby

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - Part 76

I don't expect much of Metropolis to change visually, but if the Superman pic released is any indication of what Gotham will look like, it seems as if it'll finally be its own character and have some personality. It'll actually look like pond scum.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:24 AM   #4
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 77

Old 07-20-2014, 01:38 AM   #5
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
You finally made me laugh you old rapscallion you.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:03 AM   #6
Rorschach2012
$

Max Landis' 42 minute Death and Return of Superman pitch would be PERFECT for this movie

Old 07-20-2014, 03:09 AM   #7
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Max Landis' 42 minute Death and Return of Superman pitch would be PERFECT for this movie
Honestly I thought it was ridiculous. He wrote another youtube post complaining about too much violence in MoS, then he pitches a movie with endless action scenes and a massively convoluted plot to boot.

Old 07-20-2014, 03:10 AM   #8
guitarsingerguy
BK-201

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
Honestly I thought it was ridiculous. He wrote another youtube post complaining about too much violence in MoS, then he pitches a movie with endless action scenes and a massively convoluted plot to boot.
He was drinking rather heavily during those IIRC.

Old 07-20-2014, 03:14 AM   #9
D.P.
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
I love Max and I love his ideas. He's just a passionate dude and a nerd like the rest of us. To be honest, he's probably just jealous he's not involved with making a Superman film. If I remember correctly, it's his favorite character, so he's probably a little bitter about it, but he has his whole career ahead of him.

Old 07-20-2014, 03:16 AM   #10
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Sorry... Landis is an off putting douche bag. There's lots of stuff that he's right to poke fun at in the 90's Death of Superman story but his central idea... Totally wrong. If the Death and Return of Superman were actually the first death and resurrection in comic books, he'd at least have a leg to stand on. But he seems to have completely ignored the actual 30 years of comic book history before 1992 all for the purpose of appearing like a hipster pop culture sage. The tumbler of scotch he's drinking has got to be one of the most pretentious "props" I've ever seen in a youtube vid.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:18 AM   #11
D.P.
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Sorry... Landis is an off putting douche bag. There's lots of stuff that he's right to poke fun at in the 90's Death of Superman story but his central idea... Totally wrong. If the Death and Return of Superman were actually the first death and resurrection in comic books, he'd at least have a leg to stand on. But he seems to have completely ignored the actual 30 years of comic book history before 1992 all for the purpose of appearing like a hipster pop culture sage. The tumbler of scotch he's drinking has got to be one of the most pretentious "props" I've ever seen in a youtube vid.
I see a lot of people with that opinion online. I don't see what's so douchey or off putting about him. He talks fast and has a lot to say...maybe I'm just missing what's so offensive about him.

Old 07-20-2014, 03:21 AM   #12
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
not the Max Landis Death of Superman film.

The 42 minute Death of Superman movie pitch is different

Old 07-20-2014, 03:23 AM   #13
D.P.
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
not the Max Landis Death of Superman film.

The 42 minute Death of Superman movie pitch is different
The parody film is exactly that...a parody.

Old 07-20-2014, 03:31 AM   #14
Rorschach2012
$

i loved his Death of Superman short film too.

Old 07-20-2014, 04:00 AM   #15
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

I have nothing against Max Landis as an individual, I don't hate him for having self-confidence as I think self-confidence is a prerequisite for genuine success. I wish him the best of luck in his career and I hope to see more good stuff from him. Maybe one day we'll get a DC movie with him as the writer.

I simply think that his 40 minute youtube video story pitching involving Batman training Superman at the Kent farm and Brainiac taking over Metropolis, etc. was too much.

Old 07-20-2014, 04:00 AM   #16
Tv's Phil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P. View Post
I see a lot of people with that opinion online. I don't see what's so douchey or off putting about him. He talks fast and has a lot to say...maybe I'm just missing what's so offensive about him.

I can only speak for myself but I think it's the way he delivers everything he says with this underlying feeling of "I'm important so pay attention". He comes off like he's "on"(as in putting on a presentation) all the time. Like a stereotype of a guy in show business.

Having said that, I'm sure he's probably very nice and it's probably his passion that causes his personality and makes him who he is and sometimes people who want to succeed in a creative field have to know they'll turn off plenty of people.

I didn't agree with him on MoS, I did like his defense of professional wrestling and I kinda liked the Death of Superman explanation. So I GET why he's liked and why he's easy to dislike.

Old 07-20-2014, 04:13 AM   #17
D.P.
Banned User

If you don't believe in yourself first, nobody will.

It's why Kanye is so polarizing, but Kanye believes in himself wholeheartedly regardless of naysayers.

It's kind of how you have to be, especially in the entertainment field.

Personally, I think he has some awesome ideas and I love most of this pitches. These are pretty damn good:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I'm hoping he gets to do a true CBM film. He just needs the right project/break.

Old 07-20-2014, 04:14 AM   #18
Reiter
Banned User

The parody and critisisms he made about the DoS were spot on. It doesnt matter if he is a douche or not. He was absolutely right. Some big monster goes HURR DURR and it and Superman duke it out. It was a piece of crap story.

Old 07-20-2014, 04:15 AM   #19
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
If you don't believe in yourself first, nobody will.
More people should understand this.

Old 07-20-2014, 04:46 AM   #20
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I guess I'll be the one to bring the self confident down with this little nugget:Having wisdom and self awareness means understanding that while you may be smarter than they think you are, you are never as smart as you think you are.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:55 AM   #21
D.P.
Banned User

But at the same time, I'm of the belief that you can will things into existence with confidence, positive energy, and the work ethic to back it up.

That's why a lot of pioneers and trailblazers throughout history were laughing stocks at first. Hindsight is 20/20 after they deliver, but it takes strength of character to believe in your vision when nobody else does.

Old 07-20-2014, 05:04 AM   #22
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
But at the same time, I'm of the belief that you can will things into existence with confidence, positive energy, and the work ethic to back it up.

That's why a lot of pioneers and trailblazers throughout history were laughing stocks at first. Hindsight is 20/20 after they deliver, but it takes strength of character to believe in your vision when nobody else does.
You always gotta balance that out though or else it's easy to find yourself in a heap of trouble. I mean, as Clint says...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Or to put it in Zen terms... It is only by understanding and accepting our limitations that we can ever truly become unlimited. (Sound of gong being hit)

Old 07-20-2014, 05:05 AM   #23
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:

Thomas Edison said that genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration. When you're putting in those long hours, you need to really believe that you have it within you to achieve greatness. If you're always questioning yourself and being cautious, you'll be afraid to make the jump.

Old 07-20-2014, 05:22 AM   #24
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Quote:
You always gotta balance that out though or else it's easy to find yourself in a heap of trouble. I mean, as Clint says...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Or to put it in Zen terms... It is only by understanding and accepting our limitations that we can ever truly become unlimited. (Sound of gong being hit)
Sounds like something Michaelangelo from the new show would say

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E
Old 07-20-2014, 05:27 AM   #25
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Sounds like something Michaelangelo from the new show would say
Ha. True perhaps, but my point stands. Self confidence is fine, as long as it is balanced out with the self awareness of one's own flaws and short comings, as we all have them. Thus knowing, and accepting that we have limitations is the truest and best ways to actually overcoming them, or at least lessening their impacts on our lives.

Closed Thread