The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 06:59 PM   #101
batmanao23
WB ain't messin'

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 77

My jaw dropped just from reading that!

Old 07-20-2014, 07:01 PM   #102
BatmanVSuperman
Gothopolis

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmanao23 View Post

My jaw dropped just from reading that!
I had some goosebumps

Yes yes everything on internet is rumor till proven, but this sounds pretty friggin awesome

Old 07-20-2014, 07:12 PM   #103
LamboMan
Side-Kick

Since there was talk of Justice League and Martian Manhunter over the last few pages, I thought I'd post this here too.

So today it just struck me that Zack Snyder has already given us a man who walks on Mars, so I thought I should make this.

http://lamboman7.deviantart.com/art/...ster-469510436

Thoughts and observations on MOS & MORE!
Old 07-20-2014, 07:13 PM   #104
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Quote:
Can you smell what The Hype is typing?
No, should I?

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E
Old 07-20-2014, 07:22 PM   #105
Mr. Gatsby
The Great Gatsby

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Take this with a grain:
No specific plot details or spoilers, but some updates on what we can expect in terms of visuals for superpowers in Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice. There are tests already being done to coincide with Justice League as well, because production will likely be moving much faster on the next installment. The current visual effects team is working on new powers that were not displayed in Man of Steel, as well as updates to previous powers that were seen. One of the new characters is going to push the limits of Superman’s speed, and there are a multitude of different types of effects being tested to show different types of “speed moments” There is a test in showing a vibration effect where the character almost seems to disappear.

Another test shot has a buildup of wind, ice, and debris which move in a tornado formation around a growing blur that outlines the characters body. Also there is a speed effect similar to bullet time to show more of a superhero perspective, where the audience sees how time and speed are slowed down the faster that the character moves. I immediately thought of old scenes from Spiderman and episodes of Smallville but have been promised while it is meant to demonstrate the same perspective; it will incorporate a lot of effects for surrounding objects as well.

In one of the test shots for example, a ball is being thrown and the character sees it spinning slowly. As the character speeds up, the ball slows down more but still moves. Everything around the character is still moving. Eventually as full speed is realized the ball is almost to a complete stop and bright glowing bolts (kind of like lightning) start to appear and the rest of the environment is paused. The ball is grabbed by the character, and just as it is grabbed we see movement beginning to happen again, and the bolts start disappearing.

Snyder is asking the team to really push for new ways of showing speed. An assistant stated at a meeting that Snyder said pretty much word for word “ I want jaws to f***ing drop. It’s time to shake up the balance of realism, and add a bit of wow factor. People are paying money to see these super powered beings in all their glory. It has to look awesome, better than anything they have ever seen in any superhero movie. Look at the competition (Avengers), we will have characters doing things that they can’t do. It’s gotta be shown and blow people away…
What's the source on that?

Old 07-20-2014, 07:35 PM   #106
roach
I am the night

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 07-20-2014, 07:35 PM   #107
batmanao23
WB ain't messin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
No, should I?
Maybe.

Old 07-20-2014, 07:50 PM   #108
Neonzel
Side-Kick

http://bcove.me/nz0ku2nq

They asked the Rock who'd win in a fight between his Hercules and Henry's Superman. The part I found interesting is that he said

Quote:
I know Henry very well. He's a buddy of mine.
Maybe they met because they are going to be in the same film soon. Either BvS or JL.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:00 PM   #109
SUPERGRAVE
an ideal to strive toward

Shock Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonzel View Post

They asked the Rock who'd win in a fight between his Hercules and Henry's Superman. The part I found interesting is that he said

Maybe they met because they are going to be in the same film soon. Either BvS or JL.
....whoa. Either he's trolling, or he let a hint slip!

Old 07-20-2014, 08:05 PM   #110
tacit-ronin-
Do cats eat bats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonzel View Post

Quote:
I know Henry very well. He's a buddy of mine.
If he's a buddy then it's probably jimmy olsen.

American Horror Story: Chimera House casting
Henry Cavill as Henry Cavill
Evan Peters as Sawyer
Denis O'Hare as DarkSentinel
Jessica Lange as DarkSentinel's E-cig
Old 07-20-2014, 08:08 PM   #111
Mr. Finger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Take this with a grain:
No specific plot details or spoilers, but some updates on what we can expect in terms of visuals for superpowers in Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice. There are tests already being done to coincide with Justice League as well, because production will likely be moving much faster on the next installment. The current visual effects team is working on new powers that were not displayed in Man of Steel, as well as updates to previous powers that were seen. One of the new characters is going to push the limits of Superman’s speed, and there are a multitude of different types of effects being tested to show different types of “speed moments” There is a test in showing a vibration effect where the character almost seems to disappear.

Another test shot has a buildup of wind, ice, and debris which move in a tornado formation around a growing blur that outlines the characters body. Also there is a speed effect similar to bullet time to show more of a superhero perspective, where the audience sees how time and speed are slowed down the faster that the character moves. I immediately thought of old scenes from Spiderman and episodes of Smallville but have been promised while it is meant to demonstrate the same perspective; it will incorporate a lot of effects for surrounding objects as well.

In one of the test shots for example, a ball is being thrown and the character sees it spinning slowly. As the character speeds up, the ball slows down more but still moves. Everything around the character is still moving. Eventually as full speed is realized the ball is almost to a complete stop and bright glowing bolts (kind of like lightning) start to appear and the rest of the environment is paused. The ball is grabbed by the character, and just as it is grabbed we see movement beginning to happen again, and the bolts start disappearing.

Snyder is asking the team to really push for new ways of showing speed. An assistant stated at a meeting that Snyder said pretty much word for word “ I want jaws to f***ing drop. It’s time to shake up the balance of realism, and add a bit of wow factor. People are paying money to see these super powered beings in all their glory. It has to look awesome, better than anything they have ever seen in any superhero movie. Look at the competition (Avengers), we will have characters doing things that they can’t do. It’s gotta be shown and blow people away…
Now this.. Is the type of post that like. . . Followed by a smile, and the awful feeling of... 2 years! Damn.. Damn..

Link?

Old 07-20-2014, 08:09 PM   #112
Hazarddude
Mrs. Wayne.

Quote:
Take this with a grain:

Wow us Zack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
PREVIOUSLY ON KRYPTON

"General Zod, you dropped your pen! I'll just KNEEL down and get it for you.

Last edited by Hazarddude; 07-20-2014 at 08:46 PM.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:09 PM   #113
kalelinri
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacit-ronin- View Post
If he's a buddy then it's probably jimmy olsen.
he also dated Gina on and off, and maybe visited her on set while she shot fast and furious 6, which the rock was in.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:10 PM   #114
batman44
Go Speed GO

per Roach's advice, I'll take his info with a grain of salt, but whoa!!

<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:12 PM   #115
BatmanVSuperman
Gothopolis

Yes it is the internet so everything is grain of salt, but there are some details that sound pretty damn specific. Regardless it's awesome if that is his approach!

Old 07-20-2014, 08:17 PM   #116
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?

Snyder loves to talk smack about Marvel heroes so I believe that quote could be real.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
Old 07-20-2014, 08:18 PM   #117
Hazarddude
Mrs. Wayne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
Snyder loves to talk smack about Marvel heroes so I believe that quote could be real.
Lol does he???

Quote:
PREVIOUSLY ON KRYPTON

Old 07-20-2014, 08:21 PM   #118
Hazarddude
Mrs. Wayne.

Quote:
Can you smell what The Hype is typing?

Quote:
PREVIOUSLY ON KRYPTON

Old 07-20-2014, 08:45 PM   #119
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

How was that talking smack about Marvel? How was that negative about Marvel or it's characters?

Old 07-20-2014, 08:49 PM   #120
roach
I am the night

i said to take it with a grain of alt because it came from a website that can't be named (C.B.M.)

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 07-20-2014, 08:50 PM   #121
roach
I am the night

Zack Snyder:
Look, I’m a fan of the Marvel movies… and the thing that’s awesome is, we make a different movie. We have a different product than them, although they both exist in sort of the superhero world, which is great. I think that those are the opportunities. That’s what you get at the movies, you get a chance to go to all these different worlds. And I’m as interested in going to the Marvel Universe as anybody. So, I personally don’t think that there’s any, from my point of view, we definitely don’t have any animosity or anything of that nature. We’re all in this big business together, and we hope people are interested in the adventures that we put up on screen. And I do believe it’s infectious, and the next weekend you’re like, “You know what? Let’s go do that again, that was awesome. We saw a cool movie, maybe we’ll get another cool movie.”

Old 07-20-2014, 08:53 PM   #122
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

I'm sure someone has posted this at some point in the past, but it's always fun to check it out if you're a fan. I love BTS stuff, so this S:TM special is fun IMO! Enjoy!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

As much as it pains me to admit it, I kinda agree with zryson.
~ Naked Bat
Old 07-20-2014, 08:53 PM   #123
Hazarddude
Mrs. Wayne.

Quote:
i said to take it with a grain of alt because it came from a website that can't be named (C.B.M.)
Awwwwwwwww....

Quote:
PREVIOUSLY ON KRYPTON

Old 07-20-2014, 09:05 PM   #124
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

I wonder what the chances are that we'll see a shirt rip in the movie?

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/923...ed-series-gifs

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 07-20-2014, 09:10 PM   #125
Arrowshieldfan
Side-Kick

I expect we will see the shirt rip off just like the other superman movie or the telephone booth where he become superman?

Closed Thread