The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 07-21-2014, 11:57 AM   #1
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

Default Superman new powers , Flash superspeed, and what else can we expect on BvS and JL?

What do you guys want to see and think we'll see on BvS: Dawn of Justice and Justice League from al heroes?

Any ideas welcomed...

Quote:
No specific plot details or spoilers, but some updates on what we can expect in terms of visuals for superpowers in Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice. There are tests already being done to coincide with Justice League as well, because production will likely be moving much faster on the next installment. The current visual effects team is working on new powers that were not displayed in Man of Steel, as well as updates to previous powers that were seen. One of the new characters is going to push the limits of Superman’s speed, and there are a multitude of different types of effects being tested to show different types of “speed moments” There is a test in showing a vibration effect where the character almost seems to disappear.

Another test shot has a buildup of wind, ice, and debris which move in a tornado formation around a growing blur that outlines the characters body. Also there is a speed effect similar to bullet time to show more of a superhero perspective, where the audience sees how time and speed are slowed down the faster that the character moves. I immediately thought of old scenes from Spiderman and episodes of Smallville but have been promised while it is meant to demonstrate the same perspective; it will incorporate a lot of effects for surrounding objects as well.

In one of the test shots for example, a ball is being thrown and the character sees it spinning slowly. As the character speeds up, the ball slows down more but still moves. Everything around the character is still moving. Eventually as full speed is realized the ball is almost to a complete stop and bright glowing bolts (kind of like lightning) start to appear and the rest of the environment is paused. The ball is grabbed by the character, and just as it is grabbed we see movement beginning to happen again, and the bolts start disappearing.

Snyder is asking the team to really push for new ways of showing speed. An assistant stated at a meeting that Snyder said pretty much word for word “ I want jaws to f***ing drop. It’s time to shake up the balance of realism, and add a bit of wow factor. People are paying money to see these super powered beings in all their glory. It has to look awesome, better than anything they have ever seen in any superhero movie. Look at the competition (Avengers), we will have characters doing things that they can’t do. It’s gotta be shown and blow people away…”
Superman arctic or/and super breath? Flash superspeed?
What can we expect.. for Superman new powers, Flash speed, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, ect...

Last edited by John-An; 07-21-2014 at 02:23 PM.
John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:39 PM   #2
Citadel30
Local Boob

Default Re: Superman new powers , Flash superspeed, and what else can we expect on BvS and JL

Old 07-21-2014, 02:04 PM   #3
Rowsdower!
THIS GUY

Default Re: Superman new powers , Flash superspeed, and what else can we expect on BvS and JL

Rebuilding Great Wall of China Vision FTW

Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:05 PM   #4
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

One is a tad excited.....

Mandon Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:05 PM   #5
Hazarddude
Mrs. Wayne.

Reading that and I still get goosebumps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
PREVIOUSLY ON KRYPTON

"General Zod, you dropped your pen! I'll just KNEEL down and get it for you.
Hazarddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:10 PM   #6
ElectroFlare
Mightiest Mortal

I seriously want a scene with super ventriloquism. It could make for a fun gag scene.

Did we get x ray vision in man of steel? I can't remember

Gut instinct predictions-Ben Affleck will rock as Batman. DoFP will bomb. Guardians of the Galaxy will be great. Winter Soldier will be the best of Phase 2. Age of Ultron will under-achieve. Feel free to call me out if I'm wrong.
Oooga-chaka Oooga-chaka
ElectroFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:11 PM   #7
Rowsdower!
THIS GUY

Yeah, when he saved Lois' life on the Kryptonian ship.

Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:14 PM   #8
Steelsheen
Iconic

wait John-An, where'd you get that article?

M A D N E S S
IS LIKE GRAVITY
ALL IT TAKES
IS A LITTLE
PUSH

Join the newest Maze Runner Community built by Gladers for Gladers! http://themazerunner.net/forums

Follow me on Twitter: All the Geekery @Steelsheen | MazeRunner @DashnerGeek | Divergent @SteeleDivergent

Steelsheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:17 PM   #9
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroFlare View Post
I seriously want a scene with super ventriloquism. It could make for a fun gag scene.

Did we get x ray vision in man of steel? I can't remember
As a young boy in the school with his teacher and fellow pupils...

Mandon Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:18 PM   #10
ElectroFlare
Mightiest Mortal

Thanks guys, I've gotta watch that movie again

Gut instinct predictions-Ben Affleck will rock as Batman. DoFP will bomb. Guardians of the Galaxy will be great. Winter Soldier will be the best of Phase 2. Age of Ultron will under-achieve. Feel free to call me out if I'm wrong.
Oooga-chaka Oooga-chaka
ElectroFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:19 PM   #11
DarthAlani
Side-Kick

Looks like Snyder wants his characters to outshine the Avengers. Competition is always good.

DarthAlani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:20 PM   #12
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Yeah? Sez who?

*splat*
Bathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:21 PM   #13
John-An

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelsheen View Post
wait John-An, where'd you get that article?
http://www.imdb.com/news/ni57514889/

Old 07-21-2014, 02:36 PM   #14
Steelsheen
Iconic

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post
ok thanks man

this is good, Snyder and gang trying to come up with new ways to show off their powers. and it sounds like Superman is the benchmark because just on that article alone i can think of at least two superheroes that can challenge Supes on specific abilities. that would be so fun to watch lol.

M A D N E S S
IS LIKE GRAVITY
ALL IT TAKES
IS A LITTLE
PUSH

Join the newest Maze Runner Community built by Gladers for Gladers! http://themazerunner.net/forums

Follow me on Twitter: All the Geekery @Steelsheen | MazeRunner @DashnerGeek | Divergent @SteeleDivergent

Steelsheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:42 PM   #15
Mr. Gatsby
The Great Gatsby

Eh, imdb...

Edit: CBM, which is worse.

Mr. Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 03:19 PM   #16
BatmanVSuperman
Gothopolis

Actually one of the posters here confirmed that info as likely accurate because one of the test shots (possibly the one regarding the ball spinning) was described nearly identical in private from a user that is on the production team, well before this article was posted.

"Superman Returns: I'm in awe of it. I watch it every now and then just to make sure I didn't dream up some of it while I was passed out drunk." Rocketman
BatmanVSuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:34 PM   #17
John-An

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanVSuperman View Post
Actually one of the posters here confirmed that info as likely accurate because one of the test shots (possibly the one regarding the ball spinning) was described nearly identical in private from a user that is on the production team, well before this article was posted.
Do you have the specific post?

Old 07-21-2014, 04:48 PM   #18
BatmanVSuperman
Gothopolis

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=246

"Superman Returns: I'm in awe of it. I watch it every now and then just to make sure I didn't dream up some of it while I was passed out drunk." Rocketman
Old 07-21-2014, 04:53 PM   #19
Rorschach2012
$

wait isn't all of this from roach? dude is a hollywood screenwriter apparently, i wouldn't be surprised if the guy knows something

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:56 PM   #20
BatmanVSuperman
Gothopolis

Dunno cause a few people posted it after seeing on imdb, twitter, and cbm sites. Apparently it had floated in some private messages before circulating as well.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:56 PM   #21
TeeKay
Side-Kick

That sounds cool. Was really impressed with Supes powers in MOS especially the heat and x-ray vision. That was well done.

"I'm going to show you something beautiful, everyone screaming for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings...Strings...There are no strings on me"- Ultron

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
TeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:19 PM   #22
Magic Man
Can't Touch Dis!

This sounds awesome. If it's a superhero (and not villain) giving SM a run for his money...all I can think of is WW. Mainly because the Flash, AQ and GL haven't been announced for BvS. And Cyborg likely won't get powers until JL (and I don't think of Cyborg as being as powerful as Supes anyway).

If this is true, I'm glad that different effects will be used for different heroes basically performing the same feat. For instance, several JL heroes have super-speed but it makes sense super-speed would work and look differently for each character. When I think about it, this is really the only way to approach characters with similar powers. Very cool.

Find me at: https://www.facebook.com/darryl.miller
Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:25 PM   #23
John-An

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanVSuperman View Post
Thanks.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:43 PM   #24
John-An

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post
This sounds awesome. If it's a superhero (and not villain) giving SM a run for his money...all I can think of is WW. Mainly because the Flash, AQ and GL haven't been announced for BvS. And Cyborg likely won't get powers until JL (and I don't think of Cyborg as being as powerful as Supes anyway).

If this is true, I'm glad that different effects will be used for different heroes basically performing the same feat. For instance, several JL heroes have super-speed but it makes sense super-speed would work and look differently for each character. When I think about it, this is really the only way to approach characters with similar powers. Very cool.
They guy who would challenge Superman on speed is Flash. no other.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:47 PM   #25
Magic Man
Can't Touch Dis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post
They guy who would challenge Superman on speed is Flash. no other.
Really? Because WW has entered the speed force before. I'm not saying that Snyder's WW will be as fast as Snyder's SM, I'm only saying that the Flash hasn't been announced for BvS so if they're developing special fx for him, it's probably for JL.

Find me at: https://www.facebook.com/darryl.miller
Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote