The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2014, 04:48 PM   #26
BatmanVSuperman
Gothopolis
 
BatmanVSuperman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3,155
Default Re: Superman new powers , Flash superspeed, and what else can we expect on BvS and JL

Well there is probably work being done for heroes that will be in JL and not necessarily BvS. Although I hope for at least a cameo of The Flash.

__________________
Cav-el -- Batfleck -- WonderGal -- FlashEZ--Rayborg -- AquaMOM!
BatmanVSuperman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:52 PM   #27
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound
 
Fallen Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10,982
Default Re: Superman new powers , Flash superspeed, and what else can we expect on BvS and JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post
Really? Because WW has entered the speed force before. I'm not saying that Snyder's WW will be as fast as Snyder's SM, I'm only saying that the Flash hasn't been announced for BvS so if they're developing special fx for him, it's probably for JL.
Yeah but in the Dc universe there's only one hero known for their speed and it isn't Wonder Woman.

So when an article says someone will test Superman's speed it's The Flash.

__________________

Fallen Angel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:53 PM   #28
BatmanVSuperman
Gothopolis
 
BatmanVSuperman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3,155
Default Re: Superman new powers , Flash superspeed, and what else can we expect on BvS and JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
Yeah but in the Dc universe there's only one hero known for their speed and it isn't Wonder Woman.

So when an article says someone will test Superman's speed it's The Flash.
Quote:
One of the new characters is going to push the limits of Supermanís speed
Sounds like Flash to me.

__________________
Cav-el -- Batfleck -- WonderGal -- FlashEZ--Rayborg -- AquaMOM!
BatmanVSuperman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:00 PM   #29
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 8,999
Default Re: Superman new powers , Flash superspeed, and what else can we expect on BvS and JL

^^^ Totally Agreed. Remember when back then we have the rumor of the robbery scene that Flash stopped?

__________________
Ice water: Superman's new kryptonite
"Krypton bred me... but it was Earth that gave me all I am." - Superman
I Like Marvel, Love DC, but what I love the most is °DIVERSITY!

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:06 PM   #30
Magic Man
Side-Kick
 
Magic Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Jetsetter
Posts: 620
Default Re: Superman new powers , Flash superspeed, and what else can we expect on BvS and JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanVSuperman View Post
Sounds like Flash to me.
Flash would be the first to come to mind, yes. It's just that no official announcement has been made for Flash to appear in BvS. So maybe they are working on effects for JL. I def think Flash should be the fastest on the team, easily outrunning SM.

But back to WW, she does have super-speed and I still totally love the idea of uniquely showing the super-speed of one character as different than another's. That's a way to keep similar powers visually interesting.

__________________
"Be The Change You Want To See In The World..." Real-life superhero, Gandhi
Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:07 PM   #31
BatmanVSuperman
Gothopolis
 
BatmanVSuperman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3,155
Default Re: Superman new powers , Flash superspeed, and what else can we expect on BvS and JL

I think the Flash and Superman are pretty close on speed generally, but the Flash can push into an extra gear of speed that Superman can not reach.

__________________
Cav-el -- Batfleck -- WonderGal -- FlashEZ--Rayborg -- AquaMOM!
BatmanVSuperman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:08 PM   #32
ShoguN
"Handsome & Wealthy"
 
ShoguN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 325
Default Re: Superman new powers , Flash superspeed, and what else can we expect on BvS and JL

This is very interesting and exciting news. Although its expected given how big this project is and with Zack Snyder at the helm. Iv had an idea about Lex Luthor lately. Would fanboys be really upset if they gave Lex slight MinD ControL abilities??? To show how he manipulates people. What do you guys think?? Its not necessary but i wouldn't mind.

ShoguN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:10 PM   #33
BatmanVSuperman
Gothopolis
 
BatmanVSuperman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3,155
Default Re: Superman new powers , Flash superspeed, and what else can we expect on BvS and JL

Lex should be naturally manipulative in part because of his power as a businessman. No it should not be a superpower though.

__________________
Cav-el -- Batfleck -- WonderGal -- FlashEZ--Rayborg -- AquaMOM!
BatmanVSuperman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:12 PM   #34
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound
 
Fallen Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10,982
Default Re: Superman new powers , Flash superspeed, and what else can we expect on BvS and JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanVSuperman View Post
I think the Flash and Superman are pretty close on speed generally, but the Flash can push into an extra gear of speed that Superman can not reach.
Yeah when Flash taps into that speed force it's see you later Blue.

__________________

Fallen Angel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:17 PM   #35
BatmanVSuperman
Gothopolis
 
BatmanVSuperman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3,155
Default Re: Superman new powers , Flash superspeed, and what else can we expect on BvS and JL

I would love a Superman/Flash teamup movie almost as much as Batman. Start it off with them about to race each other and Flash says "Well it is 10-0 Supes... You just can't take losing can ya? I can do this all day!" Superman "One more... just one more"

__________________
Cav-el -- Batfleck -- WonderGal -- FlashEZ--Rayborg -- AquaMOM!
BatmanVSuperman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:20 PM   #36
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 8,999
Default Re: Superman new powers , Flash superspeed, and what else can we expect on BvS and JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post
Flash would be the first to come to mind, yes. It's just that no official announcement has been made for Flash to appear in BvS. So maybe they are working on effects for JL. I def think Flash should be the fastest on the team, easily outrunning SM.

But back to WW, she does have super-speed and I still totally love the idea of uniquely showing the super-speed of one character as different than another's. That's a way to keep similar powers visually interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post
Really? Because WW has entered the speed force before. I'm not saying that Snyder's WW will be as fast as Snyder's SM, I'm only saying that the Flash hasn't been announced for BvS so if they're developing special fx for him, it's probably for JL.
Her popular versions doesn't have the superspeed, she has speed but not as their level. The thing is that challenges Superman's speed and there's a "scene" filmed that may be Flash cameo.
She will be fast but not that fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanVSuperman View Post
Lex should be naturally manipulative in part because of his power as a businessman. No it should not be a superpower though.

__________________
Ice water: Superman's new kryptonite
"Krypton bred me... but it was Earth that gave me all I am." - Superman
I Like Marvel, Love DC, but what I love the most is °DIVERSITY!

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:25 PM   #37
Magic Man
Side-Kick
 
Magic Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Jetsetter
Posts: 620
Default Re: Superman new powers , Flash superspeed, and what else can we expect on BvS and JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post
Her popular versions doesn't have the superspeed, she has speed but not as their level. The thing is that challenges Superman's speed and there's a "scene" filmed that may be Flash cameo.
She will be fast but not that fast.
I will say WW's super-speed abilities do seem inconsistent. I wonder what her most impressive display of speed is in her entire comic history (not counting when she entered the Speed Force)?

Actually she def is faster than a speeding bullet or she couldn't deflect them. So since the human eye cannot see a bullet's trajectory, her speed would render her a blur to mortals.

As for Flash, I'd be psyched if he got a cameo in BvS. Love him.

There probably will be several cameos that haven't been officially announced yet. Methinks Snyder has a few tricks up his sleeve!

__________________
"Be The Change You Want To See In The World..." Real-life superhero, Gandhi
Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:26 PM   #38
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 8,999
Default Re: Superman new powers , Flash superspeed, and what else can we expect on BvS and JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanVSuperman View Post
I would love a Superman/Flash teamup movie almost as much as Batman. Start it off with them about to race each other and Flash says "Well it is 10-0 Supes... You just can't take losing can ya? I can do this all day!" Superman "One more... just one more"
Leave that for JL There's a GL-Flash team-up that hopefully it's true.

__________________
Ice water: Superman's new kryptonite
"Krypton bred me... but it was Earth that gave me all I am." - Superman
I Like Marvel, Love DC, but what I love the most is °DIVERSITY!

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:26 PM   #39
ShoguN
"Handsome & Wealthy"
 
ShoguN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 325
Default Re: Superman new powers , Flash superspeed, and what else can we expect on BvS and JL

I really would like to see a couple scenes of the Leaguers having friendly competitions, and training with eachother. Like WW giving fighting advice to flash or something. cool

ShoguN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:33 PM   #40
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 8,999
Default Re: Superman new powers , Flash superspeed, and what else can we expect on BvS and JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post
I will say WW's super-speed abilities do seem inconsistent. I wonder what her most impressive display of speed is in her entire comic history (not counting when she entered the Speed Force)?

Actually she def is faster than a speeding bullet or she couldn't deflect them. So since the human eye cannot see a bullet's trajectory, her speed would render her a blur to mortals.

As for Flash, I'd be psyched if he got a cameo in BvS. Love him.

There probably will be several cameos that haven't been officially announced yet. Methinks Snyder has a few tricks up his sleeve!
I think you may be right on the bullet aspect... I'd call it super reflexes... but doubt that wondy is the one in that aspect of the speed vfx.

__________________
Ice water: Superman's new kryptonite
"Krypton bred me... but it was Earth that gave me all I am." - Superman
I Like Marvel, Love DC, but what I love the most is °DIVERSITY!

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:40 PM   #41
BatmanVSuperman
Gothopolis
 
BatmanVSuperman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3,155
Default Re: Superman new powers , Flash superspeed, and what else can we expect on BvS and JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoguN View Post
I really would like to see a couple scenes of the Leaguers having friendly competitions, and training with eachother. Like WW giving fighting advice to flash or something. cool
Yeah, some of those were the best moments of Jl animated series.

__________________
Cav-el -- Batfleck -- WonderGal -- FlashEZ--Rayborg -- AquaMOM!
BatmanVSuperman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:42 PM   #42
BatmanVSuperman
Gothopolis
 
BatmanVSuperman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3,155
Default Re: Superman new powers , Flash superspeed, and what else can we expect on BvS and JL

Superman should be a bit stronger than WW, however she should be a bit better of a fighter/warrior which evens things out. Flash should be the fastest, cause that's what he does!

__________________
Cav-el -- Batfleck -- WonderGal -- FlashEZ--Rayborg -- AquaMOM!
BatmanVSuperman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:49 PM   #43
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 8,999
Default Re: Superman new powers , Flash superspeed, and what else can we expect on BvS and JL

Superman- leader the brawler
Batman- Strategist, detective
Wonder Woman- Warrior
Flash- The speedster
Cyborg- Tech
Aquaman- The ocean powers.

__________________
Ice water: Superman's new kryptonite
"Krypton bred me... but it was Earth that gave me all I am." - Superman
I Like Marvel, Love DC, but what I love the most is °DIVERSITY!

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:02 PM   #44
Magic Man
Side-Kick
 
Magic Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Jetsetter
Posts: 620
Default Re: Superman new powers , Flash superspeed, and what else can we expect on BvS and JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanVSuperman View Post
Superman should be a bit stronger than WW, however she should be a bit better of a fighter/warrior which evens things out. Flash should be the fastest, cause that's what he does!
What about WW in god-mode? If SM is slightly stronger than WW normally, what happens when she takes her bracelets off. (of course we don't even know if god-mode will be included in the DCM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post
I think you may be right on the bullet aspect... I'd call it super reflexes... but doubt that wondy is the one in that aspect of the speed vfx.
I had this conversation on another comic board re: super-reflexes vs super-speed. What I left with was super-speed is required to have super-reflexes. That said, it's not consistent. Even in the Lynda Carter show, WW deflects countless bullets fired from a machine gun. If her arms can move that fast, I always wondered why her legs couldn't run at super-speed on the tv series. It probably boiled down to budget and the limited number of special fx available back then.

__________________
"Be The Change You Want To See In The World..." Real-life superhero, Gandhi
Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:06 PM   #45
ShoguN
"Handsome & Wealthy"
 
ShoguN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 325
Default Re: Superman new powers , Flash superspeed, and what else can we expect on BvS and JL

I would really like for them to show how Batman can do things that normal people cant do. Physically. I need to see Bats running at olympic speeds across rooftops and doing hyper parkour (even if it takes cgi). I dont care if hes older. I would like to see an extremely dominate Batman in hand to hand combat. It would also be awesome if the rest of the leaguers witness a Batman feat that causes them to fear/respect him. Thats just how it should be..

ShoguN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:08 PM   #46
WinterAssassinR
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sector 2814
Posts: 234
Default Re: Superman new powers , Flash superspeed, and what else can we expect on BvS and JL

From Flash:Rebirth


WinterAssassinR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:21 PM   #47
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 8,999
Default Re: Superman new powers , Flash superspeed, and what else can we expect on BvS and JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post
What about WW in god-mode? If SM is slightly stronger than WW normally, what happens when she takes her bracelets off. (of course we don't even know if god-mode will be included in the DCM).
We don't know for sure if she will be the dauther of Zeus. so the god-mode is not confirmed. I'd like to see that in the new screen is so awesome. But I think WW in god-mode is a good challenge in Supes (even is she's as strong as full-powered Supes).

Quote:
I had this conversation on another comic board re: super-reflexes vs super-speed. What I left with was super-speed is required to have super-reflexes. That said, it's not consistent. Even in the Lynda Carter show, WW deflects countless bullets fired from a machine gun. If her arms can move that fast, I always wondered why her legs couldn't run at super-speed on the tv series. It probably boiled down to budget and the limited number of special fx available back then.
I think it's the techinque she has, we haven't seen her running so fast, or she didn't needed before. But she has the speed of Hermes... so she's faster than a ordinary human but not as Supes or Flash level IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoguN View Post
I would really like for them to show how Batman can do things that normal people cant do. Physically. I need to see Bats running at olympic speeds across rooftops and doing hyper parkour (even if it takes cgi). I dont care if hes older. I would like to see an extremely dominate Batman in hand to hand combat. It would also be awesome if the rest of the leaguers witness a Batman feat that causes them to fear/respect him. Thats just how it should be..
Oh yeah, along with Supes in some kind of testing his strenght with advanced tech or on Earth's mountains for example. Then Wonder Woman fighting with Aquaman and Flash testing his speed by Batman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterAssassinR View Post
From Flash:Rebirth

One thing for sure is that Flash is the fastest. period.
Can't wait for those effects that Snyder had in mind look great on screen.

__________________
Ice water: Superman's new kryptonite
"Krypton bred me... but it was Earth that gave me all I am." - Superman
I Like Marvel, Love DC, but what I love the most is °DIVERSITY!

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.