The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 08-02-2014, 06:06 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 3

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 06:06 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 06:06 PM   #3
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 3

They don't think they need the X-books anymore.

Old 08-02-2014, 06:18 PM   #4
xrs13
Cold as ice

Default Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 4

I don't usually comment on things like this because there have been times that I myself have thought that the X-Men are getting the short end of the stick within the comics. But I have realised that Marvel will not want to cancel one of their top selling franchises. FF is a bit weird because it didnt pull the figures that X-Men does so I sort of get it. Your comments though are just ludicrous. They know they need the X-Men books, they know we as fans are one of their biggest financial gains so they wont want to hurt that down the line.

Speaking of down the line, there will come a point where cbms eventually have to take a bit of a back seat because the market will change and people will want something like vampire movies again, and we will see about 10,000 vampire films overshadow the cbms. When that happens do you really think Marvel wont want the X-Men readers on side.

I am annoyed they have cut pretty much all cartoon backing and merchandise but the comics are fine for now.

Old 08-02-2014, 06:36 PM   #5
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 4

They are killing off the most popular X-Men character wolverine.They push trying to make avengers top marvel franchise to point of putting X related characters
in books.And they are trying to replace mutants with Inhumans.Now if that doesn't give some concerns i don't what would.

People can like GOTG or the avengers better than X-Men.You will never change my mind that X2 and DOFP are better than avengers or change my mind and cause me to watch GotG.If it outgrosses DOFP well at least critics and audences think it's more quality film than transformers and Maleficent.

Competion between X-Men and DIsney isn't going to stop.Alice In wonderland sequel opens same day as APocalypse and mystery 2018 X-Men related film
comes out a week after a MS film.

Me hating what disney is doing won't cause me to throw out all my non X-Men,Spider-man,and FF Marvel comics and I won't throw out the DVDs I own of the so called Phase 1 films.

Considering how badly marvel tv shows have gotten under Jeph Loeb In my oporion It actully good DIsney won't produce another X-Men animated show.

Old 08-02-2014, 08:45 PM   #6
Sithborg
Side-Kick

Yes, they don't need the X-book anymore. Which is why they started another X-men comic (Amazing X-men) and two comics for individual X-men (Storm and Nightcrawler). And the next big event is Axis, featuring quite a few X characters. As for killing off Wolverine, let's just wait and see how long it lasts. We'll be lucky it lasts as long as Knightfall or the Death Superman.

Marvel's other media ventures do not need the X-men, sure. So it is an easy thing to keep away from X projects like cartoons and video games. Nor are they going to directly help the competitor. But those are separate from the comics division. Who really, really needs the X-men.

Sithborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:03 PM   #7
CB Fan
The Watcher

Lol, some of you are truly paranoid, like really. As already pointed out X-men is doing great and still has a strong presence at marvel comics. Killing wolverine is actually good for x-men as you can believe its going to be an event as well as his eventual resurrection. And as for video games marvel isn't really producing any for any characters their last big video game was the Lego Marvel game which featured many X-Men characters and then before that was Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom which again featured many x-men characters. The only thing I've seen is the lack of x-men toys and tv shows (which as someone said is a good thing with the quality of their cartoons being **** and all) and that's it.

CB Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:39 PM   #8
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

We took my nephew to see the Marvel Universe Live show today - which, btw, was basically Comic-Con for 6-year-olds (it was a blast, though). The show was clearly playing off of the success of Avengers...but it still featured Wolverine on the team, and Loki's evil plan was using the X-Men's mutant x-gene to power the shattered pieces of cosmic cube (he was holding Cyclops and Storm prisoner).

So, no...Marvel isn't ignoring the X-Men, nor do they appear to hate them. Merchandising and movies is one thing, and yes that part can be frustrating, but that universe still seems to have room for everyone.

It was the same with Spider-Man in the show too. He was part of the Avengers, and they also brought in the whole Sinister Six for a big fight scene that was actually better than both of the Amazing Spider-Man movies.

Old 08-02-2014, 11:36 PM   #9
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
They are killing off the most popular X-Men character wolverine.They push trying to make avengers top marvel franchise to point of putting X related characters
in books.And they are trying to replace mutants with Inhumans.Now if that doesn't give some concerns i don't what would.

People can like GOTG or the avengers better than X-Men.You will never change my mind that X2 and DOFP are better than avengers or change my mind and cause me to watch GotG.If it outgrosses DOFP well at least critics and audences think it's more quality film than transformers and Maleficent.

Competion between X-Men and DIsney isn't going to stop.Alice In wonderland sequel opens same day as APocalypse and mystery 2018 X-Men related film

Me hating what disney is doing won't cause me to throw out all my non X-Men,Spider-man,and FF Marvel comics and I won't throw out the DVDs I own of the so called Phase 1 films.

Considering how badly marvel tv shows have gotten under Jeph Loeb In my oporion It actully good DIsney won't produce another X-Men animated show.
And they just sidelined Cap and are replacing Thor. Is that a conspiracy as well? One against themselves?

I honestly have a hard time seeing a situation where Wolverine or Spider-Man are ignored or done away with "permanently". They are both legitimately 2 of the 10 most popular comic book characters. They are also the only ones not owned by Marvel Studios or WB that can carry a film franchise on their own, through name recognition alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
We took my nephew to see the Marvel Universe Live show today - which, btw, was basically Comic-Con for 6-year-olds (it was a blast, though). The show was clearly playing off of the success of Avengers...but it still featured Wolverine on the team, and Loki's evil plan was using the X-Men's mutant x-gene to power the shattered pieces of cosmic cube (he was holding Cyclops and Storm prisoner).

So, no...Marvel isn't ignoring the X-Men, nor do they appear to hate them. Merchandising and movies is one thing, and yes that part can be frustrating, but that universe still seems to have room for everyone.

It was the same with Spider-Man in the show too. He was part of the Avengers, and they also brought in the whole Sinister Six for a big fight scene that was actually better than both of the Amazing Spider-Man movies.
Is it as adorable as it sounds?

And also holy hot tamale on that TASM burn danyose. Ouch.

Old 08-03-2014, 05:07 AM   #10
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

Marvel has been awful with cartoons. Terrible.
Asking why marvel doesn't do xmen cartoons and being upset about it is like being pissed at ur parents for not giving u a crappie non functional 20 year old car

The last cartoon I liked from marvel was the xmen Anime. And that don't even count.

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:13 AM   #11
The Endless
WE are Groot

Quote:

So the reason you're not gonna watch Guardians of the Galaxy, even though it's critically and audience acclaimed is... what? Because it's not made by Fox?

You strange individual lol.

Old 08-03-2014, 06:17 AM   #12
Blackout
X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
Marvel has been awful with cartoons. Terrible.
Asking why marvel doesn't do xmen cartoons and being upset about it is like being pissed at ur parents for not giving u a crappie non functional 20 year old car

The last cartoon I liked from marvel was the xmen Anime. And that don't even count.
The X-Men cartoons were decent tho. The 90s one, Evolution and Wolverine+X-Men are much better than whatever Marvel have showing now.

Blackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:25 AM   #13
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

I don't get people purposely missing out on CBM because they are biased against a Studio. I see almost all CBMs. Sometimes I miss out on them because of mediocre reviews but say if FF is stellar I'd make an attempt even though there's never been a good Ff movie.

Old 08-03-2014, 07:06 AM   #14
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
So the reason you're not gonna watch Guardians of the Galaxy, even though it's critically and audience acclaimed is... what? Because it's not made by Fox?

You strange individual lol.
The reason I am not seeing GOTG Is because i know nothing about characters since I never read it and didn't like trailers.

Old 08-03-2014, 07:24 AM   #15
The Endless
WE are Groot

But if it was made by Fox you'd take a chance on it.

You think the general movie goers who have been raving about it read the comics? **** most comic book fans probably haven't read Guardians of the Galaxy comics.

Old 08-03-2014, 07:28 AM   #16
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

So every movie whether action, drama, comedy and thriller, you are well versed on the characters because you read every screenplay or story they may have been adapted from?

I mean they make these movies so the GA who knows nothing about the character can follow around. Not to mention almost every CBM word for word like from the story it was based on except for ones like 300, Sin City and Watchmen.

I didn't read every single Sin City novel but I still enjoyed it.

I read a few comics from Guardians of the Galaxy but not from this current group that's in the movie.

I've stated in other threads that I'm not a MCU, Sony, Fox, DC exclusive fan. I appreciate good movies. Guardians of the Galaxy is a excellent movie.

Old 08-03-2014, 07:33 AM   #17
The Endless
WE are Groot

GotG is an excellent movie. But it's not made by Fox so...

Old 08-03-2014, 07:48 AM   #18
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
So every movie whether action, drama, comedy and thriller, you are well versed on the characters because you read every screenplay or story they may have been adapted from?

I mean they make these movies so the GA who knows nothing about the character can follow around. Not to mention almost every CBM word for word like from the story it was based on except for ones like 300, Sin City and Watchmen.

I didn't read every single Sin City novel but I still enjoyed it.

I read a few comics from Guardians of the Galaxy but not from this current group that's in the movie.

I've stated in other threads that I'm not a MCU, Sony, Fox, DC exclusive fan. I appreciate good movies. Guardians of the Galaxy is a excellent movie.
You and others ignored the part when I said I didn't like the trailers.

After 2013 and not being wild about films based on characters I am familar
with Star Trek Into Darkness,Man of steel and especilly Iron Man 3 I am being more wary of films If I don't like trailers.

Old 08-03-2014, 07:55 AM   #19
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

No I heard that but this isn't like Spider-Man where they give away all the plot points in the trailers and commercials so you can pretty much guess what will happen.

You don't even really see the main antagonists for Guardians in the trailers or commercials.

If you're that skeptical about this. Watch a matinee.

Old 08-03-2014, 08:01 AM   #20
The Endless
WE are Groot

Erzengel have they officially released that part from your avvy?

Old 08-03-2014, 08:02 AM   #21
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

It was suppose to be a gif. Don't know why it isn't moving.

Edit: But I doubt it.

Last edited by Erzengel; 08-03-2014 at 08:06 AM.
Erzengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:05 AM   #22
The Endless
WE are Groot

Quote:
It was suppose to be a gif. Don't know why it isn't moving.
Is it too big, data wise?

Old 08-03-2014, 08:07 AM   #23
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Don't think so. It was a 200 x 200 originally.

Old 08-03-2014, 02:02 PM   #24
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
The X-Men cartoons were decent tho. The 90s one, Evolution and Wolverine+X-Men are much better than whatever Marvel have showing now.

Quote:
I don't get people purposely missing out on CBM because they are biased against a Studio. I see almost all CBMs. Sometimes I miss out on them because of mediocre reviews but say if FF is stellar I'd make an attempt even though there's never been a good Ff movie.
I generally only go to see CBMs I am interested in or have a history with the characters.

I passed on Ghost Rider 2 and Elektra and TWS as I prefer Cap in WWII, and I'm not a fan of SHIELD or Widow.

I'll be seeing Guardians as I loved the 2008 DNA run and it looks great.

I'll likely be passing on Ant-Man as I have little interest in the property, same with a solo Aquaman or Black Cat movie

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 02:03 PM   #25
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
You and others ignored the part when I said I didn't like the trailers.

After 2013 and not being wild about films based on characters I am familar
with Star Trek Into Darkness,Man of steel and especilly Iron Man 3 I am being more wary of films If I don't like trailers.
I didn't like the trailers either, but I will check out GoTG (when other half comes from America, probably).

It's good for the genre that this GoTG movie is - based on estimated opening weekend - doing well. It shows that Marvel's reputation is solid, that its films can work without RDJ, and that taking things into space with new characters can also work.

Although Fox is only now rebuilding the franchise into something solid, its restrained approach and over-reliance on Wolverine is in stark contrast to what MS is doing with its diversification and embracing the source material.

At least DoFP was first to do a time-travel movie. That's something. But if they ever do Starjammers or Imperial Guard, it will now seem like they are copying MS.

Fox held back too long and didn't plan enough, and now Marvel has leapt in and taken advantage and won the game. It makes me frustrated and a bit angry to be honest. I want the mutants to be done justice in every way. There's amazing potential in the X-Men comics, let's see it on screen!

If they keep holding back on Genosha, then Marvel will come in quicker and do Attilan (which is a bit similar) in the Inhumans movie, and the element of getting there first will be gone.

Diversification includes more movies without X or X-Men in the title. And without Wolverine or any classic characters in them.

Deadpool is one example. Get it made, get it done.