The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 08-03-2014, 02:06 PM   #26
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Default Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
I passed on Ghost Rider 2 and Elektra and TWS as I prefer Cap in WWII, and I'm not a fan of SHIELD or Widow.
So then why would you pass on a film whose whole big message is that SHIELD is just as bad as HYDRA and ends with its destruction?

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 02:29 PM   #27
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Default Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 4

Quote:

I generally only go to see CBMs I am interested in or have a history with the characters.

I passed on Ghost Rider 2 and Elektra and TWS as I prefer Cap in WWII, and I'm not a fan of SHIELD or Widow.

I'll be seeing Guardians as I loved the 2008 DNA run and it looks great.

I'll likely be passing on Ant-Man as I have little interest in the property, same with a solo Aquaman or Black Cat movie
Yeah, I mean I give everything a shot, until it either looks like something thats isnt for me or is such a letdown you pass on the next, doesnt matter the property either, I dont give blind loyalty but also conversely things can turn around and win you back.

Xmen Last Stand and Origins were so bad I skipped First Class and it was TW that got me back onside with Xmen.

I shall skip the next Thor and Ironman due to the previous two being a letdown to me.

I cant wait for Cap3 though as that series has got stronger and stronger.

I shall probably avoid the next Amazing Spiderman in cinema's.

Its not like you have to watch everyone in the cinema, not like there isnt plenty of chances to catch up later anyway.

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 03:15 PM   #28
Blackout
X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
GotG is an excellent movie. But it's not made by Fox so...
The same can be said for people who dismiss the X-Men movies because they are made by Fox.

Blackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 03:19 PM   #29
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I gurantee you even though i remain open minded on FF If I don't like trailers then I will not be seeing the FF.While I like idea of Ben affleck as Batman and finally seeing wonder woman again In live action My feelings on Man of steel make me cautaus on it.Can Zach Snyder make a DC film that excites me.He didn't with Man of steel.

I gave high marks to Captain America:The Winter Soldier so If i follow the part of me that says ignore what others say I will probally check on Age of Ultron and third cap.

For those who like GOTG I hope they liked the movie and at least according to critics and GA It is quality film.

With Ant-Man I will probally skip it due to fact they are kind of wasting Henry Pym and Wasp from mainstream marvel universe and they don't even have Edgar Wright making film anymore.

If they ever make another Iron Man film due to how I viewed Iron Man 3 Is like other viewed Last Stand and Origins I will skip it.It's same with Thor 3.I gave them 2 chances with Thor solos and they disappointed me twice.

I am not exactly wild on the idea of Sinister Six film.I would rather they work on ASM3 Instead of moving forward to that.

I am going to be very cautus when next Star Trek Film especilly with Bob Orci directing.The trailers are going to have to wow me unlike Into Darkness.My hope is that It will be Skyfall of trek franchise.After not being wild about rebooting Bond and not liking the somewhat Jason Bourne like elements Skyfall returned to more classic Bond.

Old 08-03-2014, 04:00 PM   #30
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
Its not like you have to watch everyone in the cinema, not like there isnt plenty of chances to catch up later anyway.
Ain't that the truth. Before we know it there'll be too many at the cinema each year for people to see all at the cinema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
The same can be said for people who dismiss the X-Men movies because they are made by Fox.
I've seen this. Some were burned by Origins and TLS and won't give them another go, understandable.

There are also those who were burned but gave X-Men Days of Future Past a go based on reviews and said they were back on board after really enjoying it.

And of course there the small minority who will never see another X-Men movie from Fox over inability to get over the changes from the source

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)

Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 08-03-2014 at 04:04 PM.
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:54 PM   #31
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

Gotg is a good movie.
I Think DOFP is far superior but hey.

Pretty amazing year for cmb both critically and $$
Much better than last year.

Love what marvel is doing in The mcu
Hate wats happenin in the comics

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:06 AM   #32
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Starting from 2005 Fantastic Four up to Guardians of the Galaxy, the only Marvel film that I did not watch in theater is Punisher: War Zone. Other films that I missed watching in cinema are Elektra, Daredevil, Blade trilogy, X-Men 1, Spider-Man 1, Hulk 2003 and The Punisher. But I have all of them on DVD.

Quote:
I gurantee you even though i remain open minded on FF If I don't like trailers then I will not be seeing the FF.
I chose to be optimistic for The Fantastic Four for a lot of reasons. It will be the first Fantastic Four film since 2007, thats quite a long time! Though the first two FF films weren't very good, I liked the characters so I want to give them a chance. I liked Chronicle so who knows Josh Trank could deliver again for his 2nd film and Matthew Vaughn is attached as a producer, so why not. Then with Simon Kinberg, hopefully his writing sessions with Bryan Singer helped him as a screewriter. And sure, Fox could put Fantastic Four in the back burner again if the film bombed and sit on it for the next 7 years until the expiration date is near again, but until that doesn't happen and until I have seen the trailer or the film, I'd remain optimistic.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 08-04-2014 at 01:39 AM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:36 AM   #33
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

After all the hysterics over the look of Quicksilver (not to mention the look of Heath Ledger's Joker, and just about everything else), people should have learned to judge from the footage.

I shall wait until we see a trailer for the new F4 before making a decision.

It's odd that production has wrapped without any set pictures and the usual web chatter, but that doesn't mean anything bad.

Old 08-04-2014, 06:14 AM   #34
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Agreed time and time again people freak out before footage arrives and often it works out fine in the end but they don't learn from such examples.

People have warmed to Batfleck after seeing him in costume but before that hysteria. Wonder Woman won't be accepted until after the movie most likely, lots of agro about her casting and costume.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:26 AM   #35
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

I'll fully admit I was turned off by Quicksilver when we started seeing pics but I was glad I was wrong because DOFP was excellent however, I think many fans were still a little apprehensive because of TLS and X:WO.

Old 08-04-2014, 07:34 AM   #36
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Fantastic four could be great or it could suck.We won't know which one till later.Fox Is going to release footage when they are ready.Remmeber all the when Is fox going to release trailer for DOFP? Bryan Singer on twitter Is why we got so many images from set.

According to Simon Kinberg the film will draw from both ultimate and 616.So It will have elments of comic books just not the ones some want.

A large part of critism online steams from studio wars.Some more concerned with FF and it's related characters showing up In crossovers with Avengers and GOTG.

Looking at First Class,The wolverine,and Days of future Past if you don't like ultimate FF being used you should blame Josh Trank Instead of going In the Fox is just evil and sucks rant.Maybe the reason Iron Man 3 turned out not as well as Captain America:The WInter Soldier Is because they gave so much control to Shane Black.While majority of people liked film better than I did the response was lower among critics and audences liked.

Old 08-04-2014, 07:36 AM   #37
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
After all the hysterics over the look of Quicksilver (not to mention the look of Heath Ledger's Joker, and just about everything else), people should have learned to judge from the footage.

I shall wait until we see a trailer for the new F4 before making a decision.

It's odd that production has wrapped without any set pictures and the usual web chatter, but that doesn't mean anything bad.
Quote:
Agreed time and time again people freak out before footage arrives and often it works out fine in the end but they don't learn from such examples.

People have warmed to Batfleck after seeing him in costume but before that hysteria. Wonder Woman won't be accepted until after the movie most likely, lots of agro about her casting and costume.
Agreed although I have to admit it is some what fun seeing some people completely loose it over a picture or casting choice without even giving anything a chance. Having an opinion is fine of how you think something might or might not turn out but boycotts and throwing the toys out the pram doesnt really achieve much anything, its unlikely to change.

Its also funny to see how things turn around. When the first news of Ben Affleck as the new Batman came out people had their pitch forks out, now a couple of black and white pictures and a leaked Comic-con mini-clip later and some are foaming at the mouth and writing off Nolan's Batman as trash and this is the "true" Batman. Some like to go from one extreme to another though, I get that.

Old 08-04-2014, 07:36 AM   #38
The Endless
WE are Groot

I don't like the apparent vision for the F4 reboot. The last thing i'd ever think when i'm thinking Fantastic Four is "grounded".

Jack Kirby would be rolling in his grave if you said to him they were gonna ground the Fantastic Four and make them more realistic.

Old 08-04-2014, 07:40 AM   #39
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
I don't like the apparent vision for the F4 reboot. The last thing i'd ever think when i'm thinking Fantastic Four is "grounded".

Jack Kirby would be rolling in his grave if you said to him they were gonna ground the Fantastic Four and make them more realistic.
Well it worked for Batman, although maybe he is more open to that grounded state because of his dark nature.

But maybe it will work for FF as well, not being a big fan of the comic or not knowing a great deal about them I'm probably not best placed to judge though, but its got to be worth a shot, nothing to lose after last time.

Anything that gets us closer to a Silver Surfer film though is all I care about.

Old 08-04-2014, 07:43 AM   #40
The Endless
WE are Groot

The F4 and Batman are the polor opposite ends of the spectrum though.

The F4 are cosmic adventurers. That's their thing. Going on adventures through time and space and other dimensions. Coming into conflict with aliens and gods.

Not mere crime fighters.

Old 08-04-2014, 07:53 AM   #41
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Since they filmed virtully entirely inside studio who know what they mean by grounded.WB called man of steel realistic.That's not a word I would use to call man of steel.

There Is tendecy In all marvel adaptians now adays no matter what studio your talking about to look at ultimate inspired/modern look and the at the classic Kirby designs.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:07 AM   #42
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Plus the whole, there's never been a good FF movie.

It'd take some at least 80% RT reviews minimum for me to get off my ass and see it.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:15 PM   #43
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
Plus the whole, there's never been a good FF movie.

It'd take some at least 80% RT reviews minimum for me to get off my ass and see it.
Yeah that will be the mountain FF has to climb. The X-men series is a great example of how a couple of "bad" films can hurt one that is regarded as "good", First Class is a prime example of being effected by the two films that came before and even though it was a decent xmen film it struggled at the BO because of what came before it.

I guess they hope people will have forgotten the previous FF films or that they come up with something truelly excellent that is a must see. Either way, good or bad, it faces a challenge nobody can deny.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:50 PM   #44
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Sony has announced it will do a female driven spider-man spin-off so it looks like studios are starting to think outside the box.

Remember only film with Thor or hulk to go past 80 on RT Is the Avengers.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:02 PM   #45
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Sony has announced it will do a female driven spider-man spin-off so it looks like studios are starting to think outside the box.

Remember only film with Thor or hulk to go past 80 on RT Is the Avengers.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:09 PM   #46
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Wait do you mean a Spider-woman film or, a Spider-Man film who is really under the thumb?

Old 08-04-2014, 01:12 PM   #47
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

There' aren't specifics outside that it's a female Spider-verse movie slated for 2017. Possibly Black Cat, Spider-Woman (Not sure if they could actually use her), Silver Sable or all of the above.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:22 PM   #48
The Endless
WE are Groot

That's such a dumb idea. Spider-Man cinematically is at a low point. But they are doing spin offs? They need to scale all that world building crap back and focus on Spidey and Spidey alone.

If Spider-Man isn't as popular as he once was, what makes them think a Black Cat or Sinister 6 or Venom movie is going to be successful?

Old 08-04-2014, 01:23 PM   #49
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Old 08-04-2014, 01:26 PM   #50
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

I could see Black Cat or Spider-Woman being successful if they are written and directed well simply because it'll be different than anything else that's out in the superhero market right now.

The comic movie viewing audience and most mainstream moviegoing audiences are clamoring for a female led superhero movie. Any studio that jumps on that bandwagon and makes a film that's anywhere close to being good, will win in the end.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote