The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 08-04-2014, 03:05 PM   #51
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
I could see Black Cat or Spider-Woman being successful if they are written and directed well simply because it'll be different than anything else that's out in the superhero market right now.

The comic movie viewing audience and most mainstream moviegoing audiences are clamoring for a female led superhero movie. Any studio that jumps on that bandwagon and makes a film that's anywhere close to being good, will win in the end.
Yeah, I agree. They need a well received movie and something that's different from all the other Spider-Man films to keep things fresh.

Right now their issue is the bad wom and too much of the same. They are really the only ones getting hit with heavy fatigue and it's from their own property.

Last edited by def28; 08-04-2014 at 03:09 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:06 PM   #52
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Default Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 4

Can't Marvel also use Spider-Woman?

Old 08-04-2014, 03:11 PM   #53
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
Can't Marvel also use Spider-Woman?
Thought I heard Marvel were the only ones. But I could be wrong.

I'm expecting it to be Black Cat.

Old 08-04-2014, 03:17 PM   #54
HIA
Side-Kick

I dont like this Sony news. totally the wrong time. It could hurt other female movies
in my modest opinion, Marvel should be the one to do it first, at this point, since they would get a bigger hit, then the other studios will move, but Sony?..... Im really worried right now

HIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:20 PM   #55
def28
Side-Kick

If they make a bad one that could. If it's good, no reason to worry. The most important thing for them is making a good film or else they are gonna be done.

But I think Ms Marvel and Wonder Woman are gonna be so much more hyped and on peoples radar that it won't matter, as far as Comic films with Female leads go.

Old 08-04-2014, 03:32 PM   #56
JEM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Yeah, I agree. They need a well received movie and something that's different from all the other Spider-Man films to keep things fresh.

Right now their issue is the bad wom and too much of the same. They are really the only ones getting hit with heavy fatigue and it's from their own property.
BRAVO, We don't know if the movies will be good or not but Sony tries something new.
Fans should recognize that .

JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:37 PM   #57
def28
Side-Kick

Yup! New properties (especially with female leads) are a very good thing.

Old 08-04-2014, 03:42 PM   #58
HIA
Side-Kick

I just think Ms Marvel and Wonder Woman deserve a movie before anyone from other studios. It would be such a great start for new female hero movies, but a Spiderman secondary character? not so much

Marvel would make much more noise and a would had a bigger impact in the other studios

Old 08-04-2014, 03:53 PM   #59
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

As def28 said, as long as the movie is good who cares what comes first? Just because Sony could beat other studio's to the punch doesn't mean that's going to stop others from making female comic movies.

If they get a good director, script and it looks good then more power to them. All of us comic book fans win in the end anyway.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:54 PM   #60
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIA View Post
I just think Ms Marvel and Wonder Woman deserve a movie before anyone from other studios. It would be such a great start for new female hero movies, but a Spiderman secondary character? not so much

Marvel would make much more noise and a would had a bigger impact in the other studios
Sure, but then it could become a trend as well and everyone will rush films for the wrong reasons. So many options.

I just really think those two films will make the noise and impact regardless. Those are the big guns when it comes to Female Superheros. Just cause they're female characters doesn't mean they need to have the same interest level, the more the better imo. It's not like Sony has control of when Wonder Woman or Ms Marvel is coming out or anything. If Sony has a good film in their hands and a date they should release it.

We''ll see. Good move by Sony imo. But there's always the possibility of it going the wrong direction. Hopefully it's more about having a good script.

Last edited by def28; 08-04-2014 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:22 PM   #61
HIA
Side-Kick

I just cant believe there will be Sinister six, Venom and a female character movies from Sony, feels too much imo. And I preffer Spiderman 3, since I liked the first two, but oh well
now Sony wants to play the Marvel card, it seems... lets just hope they dont hurt the genre with proyects none was asking

Old 08-04-2014, 04:32 PM   #62
def28
Side-Kick

Could very well be. I hope it's more they saw the reaction and are moving to a better plan. They do have different ideas so that's cool, but everything really depends on the execution and if they have learned. If this is just a cash in on what Marvels doing then yeah, that won't work.

All the studios have to go about expansion in a different way. But it's all very possible.

Old 08-04-2014, 04:41 PM   #63
JEM
Side-Kick

Imagine if we see Wolverine 3, Fantastic four 2 and maybe Gambit in 2017 .
What a year

JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:47 PM   #64
def28
Side-Kick

I know we get so many blockbusters now that people say this about every year but yeah 2017 is gonna be a beast! On top of those we have Star Wars, Transformers, GOTG2, Pirates, Avatar. Many heavy hitters.

Last edited by def28; 08-04-2014 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:47 PM   #65
Blackout
X-Man

I want a Black Widow movie one day too!

Blackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:14 AM   #66
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIA View Post

Yeah ideally, a Ms. Marvel film and a Wonder Woman film should happen first and Sony stepping into this "spin-off" territory is reminding me me of what Fox did after X3, three-spinoffs in a row and obviously it led to box office decline for the X-Men films. But I'm not against this, I feel like the current Spider-Man series needs to freshen up. I'm personally looking forward to Sinister Six and a superhero film with a female lead is something that I really want, and who knows Sinister Six, Venom and a possible Black Cat film could help the series and since they are releasing them in 2016/2017 then the third Spider-Man film in 2018. It doesn't seem like a huge wait for the next Spidey movie.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 01:30 AM   #67
def28
Side-Kick

Sad thing is Spider-Man is already on a box office decline. Down almost 200m in totals between the last 3 films with 5 films to it's name.

The major similarity is that both franchises started to lose audience interest after two not as well received films. X-Men had to build it's rep back with FC and now Spider-Man will have to do the same. But they are doing it with characters who were never the focus and possibly never introduced yet. Should be interesting.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:37 AM   #68
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I think these spin-offs if done well, could really help Spidey. 1st they would get momentum if the films are good, even if the spin-offs don't outgross TASM2 (well they are probably gonna lower the budget anyway), 2nd the spin-offs will make the audience miss Spidey and clamor for another Spider-man movie. And since Raimi's Spidey series never released a spin-off, this is totally gonna be something fresh to people's eyes when they view the current Spider-Man film series. So when the third Spidey hits the theater in 2018, it won't look like just another Spider-Man film.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 01:41 AM   #69
def28
Side-Kick

Yeah, I agree pretty much 100% with that

Old 08-05-2014, 06:52 AM   #70
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I am not exactly wild about poently 3 spin offs before amazing Spider-man 3. Maybe sinister six and black cat If that Is the female spin-off lead to what happens In ASM3

If sinister Six turns out well Sony should consider turns ASM3 over to Drew Goddard.As vet of Buffy,Angel,ALias,and Lost and co-writing and directing Cabin In The woods he would be step up for them.

Old 08-05-2014, 07:11 AM   #71
The Endless
WE are Groot

Why does Ms Marvel deserve a film before other female superheroes? No one gave a **** about Carol until Bendis made her his pet 6 or 7 years ago.

Monica Rambeau is a better character anyway.

Old 08-05-2014, 07:13 AM   #72
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I know we get so many blockbusters now that people say this about every year but yeah 2017 is gonna be a beast! On top of those we have Star Wars, Transformers, GOTG2, Pirates, Avatar. Many heavy hitters.
2016 has star wars I thought?

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:37 AM   #73
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
2016 has star wars I thought?
The plan Is to release star wars film every year

2015-Episode VII
2016-Spinoff film
2017-Episode VIII
2018-Spinoff film directed by Josh Trank
2019-Episode IX
2020-spinoff film

Old 08-05-2014, 07:49 AM   #74
Scarlet Spider
Side-Kick

Why does Ms. Marvel deserve a film before other heroines?

Wonder Woman, I agree though.

She is the most iconic and definitive heroine. Blame WB's incompetence on being unable to bring her to the big screen. They had Joss Whedon at their fingertips, ready to go (with Cobie Smulders as his Diana Prince) but they fired him and when he asked what it was they wanted out of the property, nobody could give him a straight answer.

They could have been the first but they blew it.

In Sony's case, they at least have a female running the studio, so you know she's going to be pushing hard to get a female superhero film made.

Scarlet Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:54 AM   #75
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

While i am not a fan of cobie Smolder WB should have forced joel Silver off the WW film than Whedon.That was partly a reason why the whedon WW was killed because of him.