The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man: Homecoming

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 01:46 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Spider-Man Homecoming (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 06-19-2017, 01:47 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Spider-Man Homecoming (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 06-19-2017, 01:47 PM   #3
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
If said stupidity means they make public statements that contradict legal wording on their recent collaboration contracts then.. yeah, maybe.
in perfect world they'd be that dumb lol

Old 06-19-2017, 02:08 PM   #4
Parquagh
Side-Kick

Guys, is there a spoiler thread? I would like to know details of the plot from the advanced screenings that must betaking place in the following weeks...

Old 06-19-2017, 02:43 PM   #5
Leo Zelinsky
Mutie

Quote:
He made a generalized claim about bullying in American schools. It's offensive IMO.
Everything is offensive in this pussified generation

Old 06-19-2017, 02:49 PM   #6
SkullDevil
The White Portuguese

Wait, what's offensive?

You have won many victories, rekindling hope in the hearts of those you have protected. Each sends their blessing. Each blessing, a stone to fortify this land. Your castle is strong, my son. Your allies are many. Wield what lies within, and reclaim what is yours. Break the siege of darkness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
Their primal need to argue outweighs their ability to acknowledge that they're actually agreeing with each other
Old 06-19-2017, 03:20 PM   #7
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullDevil View Post
Wait, what's offensive?

new thread smell, no idea what you guys were talking about.

Whedon-----Guggenheim_____Kinberg
Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
Old 06-19-2017, 03:25 PM   #8
SkullDevil
The White Portuguese

Why I asked.

You have won many victories, rekindling hope in the hearts of those you have protected. Each sends their blessing. Each blessing, a stone to fortify this land. Your castle is strong, my son. Your allies are many. Wield what lies within, and reclaim what is yours. Break the siege of darkness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
Their primal need to argue outweighs their ability to acknowledge that they're actually agreeing with each other
Old 06-19-2017, 03:42 PM   #9
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

Some comments from Tom Holland blown way out of proportion.

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:03 PM   #10
zipzip
Side-Kick

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/sp...ia-1202470938/

Old 06-19-2017, 04:04 PM   #11
harryoscop
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoLongAgo View Post
He is like that
Not in the trailers or promos we've seen from the movie. That's the perfect Peter in that ad imo.

It's crazy how the ads are more effective for us than Sony's trailers

Old 06-19-2017, 04:15 PM   #12
fancyarcher
Side-Kick

Running time is confirmed as 2 hours and 13 minutes. That's a good running time.

Old 06-19-2017, 04:40 PM   #13
Spider-man95
*Thwip*

Apparently the film has multiple after credit scenes. Article is only going off of how this guy on Twitter worded it. So pinch of salt.
http://www.gamesradar.com/spider-man...gn=buffer_tftw

Old 06-19-2017, 04:48 PM   #14
Speed Force
Jeffrey Wright 4 Doc Ock

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyarcher View Post
Running time is confirmed as 2 hours and 13 minutes. That's a good running time.
My theater says 2 hrs and 5 mins. The extra 8 might include credits

Old 06-19-2017, 04:55 PM   #15
harryoscop
Banned User

And did anybody else notice how he called Tony "My friend, Tony." Instead of "Mr. Stark" like the trailers? He was much more subdued & mature imo.

Old 06-19-2017, 05:07 PM   #16
fancyarcher
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Parker View Post
My theater says 2 hrs and 5 mins. The extra 8 might include credits
I assume, we might see a few credit scenes too.

Old 06-19-2017, 05:13 PM   #17
SpideyJJ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryoscop View Post
And did anybody else notice how he called Tony "My friend, Tony." Instead of "Mr. Stark" like the trailers? He was much more subdued & mature imo.
Probably because having a friend named Tony (common name) is more inconspicuous than saying he has a friend called 'Mr Stark' rich enough to afford a car like that

Old 06-19-2017, 05:23 PM   #18
harryoscop
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyJJ View Post
Probably because having a friend named Tony (common name) is more inconspicuous than saying he has a friend called 'Mr Stark' rich enough to afford a car like that
Hmm, good point. If Peter is mostly like that in the movie, I'll eat my words.

Old 06-19-2017, 05:52 PM   #19
SuperSanchez
I'm Not Mexican

Booking tickets in an hour

Old 06-19-2017, 07:08 PM   #20
Krystal
Side-Kick

The official run time from BBFC always includes credits and post credits scenes. It is 133 min 16 seconds start to finish. If the theater says 125 minutes they are wrong.

There is no way a theater can decide to cut the credits from the run time. Simple mistake.

Old 06-19-2017, 07:10 PM   #21
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-man95 View Post
Apparently the film has multiple after credit scenes. Article is only going off of how this guy on Twitter worded it. So pinch of salt.
http://www.gamesradar.com/spider-man...gn=buffer_tftw
One has to set up the sequel.
Likely one funny one.
and I think a third will be IWs related, possibly Cap and Peter run into each other.

Old 06-19-2017, 07:19 PM   #22
NotSoLongAgo
#spidermansolit

If they put triple J in the post credits scene that would be epic

Old 06-19-2017, 07:30 PM   #23
Krystal
Side-Kick

The notion that the run time has been altered by some one person leaving is silly.

Of 16 MCU movies 11 have been 120 minutes or longer. And 7 of their first 10 movies were 2 hours+............. long before some dude was sidelined.

The real reason runtimes have gotten progressively longer is movies with more main/important characters.

Team movies -- Avengers, GotG. Cap 2 where he had Falcon/Widow and Fury and then nearly a dozen heroes in Civil War.

The shortest ones Thor 1 and 2, Hulk, Dr. Strange and Ant-Man (all under 2 hours) are for the most part origin/solo movies. No way Thor: Ragnarok is going to be under two hours. Because of some dude being out of the way? No, because it's a team up movie with high stakes.

That's why when Thor Dark World was announced at 112 minutes I knew it couldn't be that ambitious or epic as many of us thought it would be. Homecoming has to fit in several minutes of Peter/Stark -- no way it could be under 2 hours unless they shortchanged Peter. Glad that apparently didn't happen!

Last edited by Krystal; 06-19-2017 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:34 PM   #24
Broseph44
Banned User

Just saw a tv spot and the line was changed when Keaton is in the car looking back saying "I will kill everyone you love" it was changed to "hurt" instead of kill. I hope the final line in the film remains as kill, Keaton delivers it so perfectly it's much more menacing.

Old 06-19-2017, 08:05 PM   #25
SuperSanchez
I'm Not Mexican

Just booked tickets, can you guys help me lower my heart-rate pls

Closed Thread