The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

View Poll Results: MCU Fight: Thor Vs. Ultron Prime
Thor 18 94.74%
Ultron Prime 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2018, 05:50 PM   #1
BigThor
God of Thunder
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 18,103
Default MCU Fight: Thor Vs. Ultron Prime

We will be doing VS. battles for the MCU every week and will be using the Winners and Losers to create an accurate power tier list created by some of it's biggest fans (you). So don't forget to VOTE and after voting for a Winner please include a comment on which power tier, both the Winner and Loser should reside within. Also, see below for more details on the characters abilities as well as for a list of available power tiers to choose from.

Don't forget to put which Tier group you think Thor and Ultron Prime belong to in your posts.

So, without further delay here is this week's match up

THOR VS. ULTRON PRIME





THOR

- Superhuman Strength: As an Asgardian, specifically the son of Odin, Thor is the third strongest Asgardian alive, apart from Odin and his elder sister Hela. He can lift or move immensely heavy objects effortlessly, such as when he was able to easily catch a falling car with one arm during Battle of Sokovia, saving the family trapped inside. He can also easily crush extremely durable objects - such as Iron Man's gauntlets. Thor was even able to tear space ships apart with his bare hands during his escape from Sakaar and held the upperhand while grappling with the Hulk during their gladiator battle. He was also able to easily swing around Rocket Raccoon's Milano escape pod at great speeds, and even hold open the massive forge of a Nidavellir star long enough for Eitri to heat the metal, as well as throw Stormbreaker with enough force that combined with his electrical powers, it was able to slice through a beam from the completed Infinity Gauntlet, and lodge deep into Thanos's chest

-Superhuman Reflexes: Thor can react and dodge objects traveling at high speeds, with him blocking many differences kinds of weapons with his hammer such as Dark Elf lasers and Chitauri lasers.

- Superhuman Durability: Thor possesses nigh-invulnerability, including resistance to powerful energy blasts, immense blunt force trauma, falls from great heights, explosions and various other opposing forces. He withstood the extreme cold of Jotunheim, the extreme heat of Muspelheim, survived a direct near point-blank range blast from Gungnir blasting him out of Odin's chamber, and falling several hundred feet to the ground, showing no visible signs of injury. Thor withstood a 400%-charged repulsor blast from Iron Man. Thor's durability even allowed him to survive the full force of a re-ignited Nidavellir star, though it leaves his body severely charred and knocks him unconscious and he was close to death and would have died had Stormbreaker not healed him. Thor's physical constitution is so strong the he is able to survive exposure to the power of the Infinity Stones, as evidenced when he was able to quickly recover from being hit by the Reality Stone's powers whenever Malekith blasts it at him and even remain conscious after having Thanos repeatedly press the force of the Power Stone against his head, which if touched by beings less powerful would instantly obliterate them.

Regenerative Healing Factor: Due to his Asgardian physiology, Thor is able to heal at a rate much faster than a normal human. After the brutal beating he suffered from Kurse, upon arriving to Earth several minutes later, he had nearly completely recovered from his bleeding wounds. While fighting Hela, Thor was painfully pierced multiple times by her Necroswords, getting his right eye gouged out in the process, and while Thor was unable to regenerate his eye, he recovered from all of the stabs mere minutes later, despite the Warriors Three all perishing from a single stab from Hela each. Later, Thor survived the full force of a re-ignited Nidavellir star, though it left his body charred and near death, Thor was completely healed after receiving Stormbreaker to harness and amplify his supernatural powers.

- Weather Manipulation: Thor displayed the ability to manipulate parts of the weather even before he lost his hammer to Hela. His focus always seemed to be somewhere else, so whenever events of him displaying his power occurred his mind was elsewhere. Among them was when he was able to keep rain from touching Jane Foster as a downpour occurred, and when he began to generate sparks of lightning from his hands after becoming furious. He began to unlock the full potential of his abilities during his encounter with Hela, now being able to generate rather large storm clouds and create thunder.

- Lightning Manipulation: Thor can generate, control and project electrical energy, with him thus being dubbed the "God of Thunder". Following Odin's death, Thor's electrokinetic powers are further enhanced to the point where he could generate electrical energy from his own body and summon thunder and lightning from the sky, without the use of Mjølnir. Indeed, Thor's generated lightning bolts were powerful enough to take down a Chitauri Leviathan, to blacken an Aether-enhanced Malekith, to send an enraged Hulk flying back, and to even temporarily stun Hela herself, all with a single respective blast. Additionally, he could pull enemies towards him using lightning and he was able to destroy a proportion of Rainbow Bridge that Hela was standing on.

- Stormbreaker: Thor's newly forged maul Stormbreaker is able to focus and hone Thor's powers, acting as a conduit. The weapon, due to being made out of Uru, is neigh-indestructible and able to withstand energy blasts created by the Infinity Stones, even wounding Thanos. The only reason it failed to kill Thanos was because Thor intentionally delayed the killing blow, which quickly proved to be a catastrophic mistake. Stormbreaker is able to summon the Bifrost Bridge, even after the bridge's apparent destruction, shown when Thor teleported himself, Rocket Raccoon and Groot to Wakanda instantly. The weapon, like Mjølnir before it, will return to Thor's hand when he opens it and strikes his opponents with massive force.



ULTRON PRIME

- Robotic Physiology: Ultron first possessed a mangled, corroded humanoid robotic body constructed out of Tony Stark's Iron Legion sentinel drones. Shortly over time, he built an armada of robotic sentinel forms and primary robotic forms for himself that were all sourced from the HYDRA Research Base; therefore, he becomes much powerful and stronger with each new upgrades.

- Superhuman Strength: Ultron could generate such extraordinary amounts of force far beyond human capabilities, easily crushing and destroying a robotic head with a single hand. His later bodies were used to fight Iron Man on relatively equal terms, and maintain the upper hand against Captain America - easily deflecting his shield with his hand and hurling it back at equal speed. Ultron's final vibranium-armored primary body bestowed him incredible superhuman strength, enough to overpower even Thor and Vision, with Ultron being able to punch Thor hard enough to make the nigh-invulnerable Asgardian slightly bleed.

- Superhuman Durability: Ultron's initial primary robotic body was highly durable, equivalent to the Iron Man armor suit. However, his body was prone to damage inflicted by both Captain America's Shield and Iron Man's repulsor blasts. Ultron adopted the last exceptionally durable and ultimate body form armored by the remaining vials of Vibranium. His final body allowed him to survive a punch from the Hulk and a swing from Vision wielding the Mjølnir. However, the durability of his last body form still had its limits - as being simultaneously blasted with the intense energy beam from Vision's Mind Stone, double repulsor blasts from Iron Man, and a lightning bolt from Thor wielding Mjølnir, Ultron's armor slowly began to melt off, weakening him gradually.

- Superhuman Stamina: As an android, Ultron did not sleep nor eat, being highly capable of maintaining his activities continuously for extended periods of time.

- Flight: Ultron had the ability to fly through the air at high speeds, enough to keep up with the lighter Iron Man during their short battle. His third body did not use jet propulsion, and instead utilized Chitauri anti-gravitational technology which he worked with when taking over Strucker's base.

- Gravity Manipulation: Ultron possessed miniaturized versions of the anti-gravity technology that served to keep the Chitauri Leviathan afloat; essentially re-purposing them as offensive weaponry. Through miniature generators housed in his hands, he could manipulate gravitational fields, allowing him to move an object through a push/pull motion. Ultron used these to pull his enemies towards himself, throw large objects at enemies (e.g. debris), and even shift the land mass around him by pulling large chunks up from the ground.[8]. His final form possessed this technology in place of its flight based parts, allowing him to fly by manipulating his immediate gravitational field.

- Concussion Beams: Ultron could shoot highly concussive red blasts through his hands and fingertips. Much like the repulsor beams of the Iron Man armor, Ultron's red energy blasts are fired from his hands, with the difference being that it appears as an electrical plasma. The severity of these blasts could be willfully adjusted as Ultron has been shown to both stun and kill, such as when he stunned Helen Cho, or when he blasted through the train conductor's door during his skirmish with Captain America; effectively destroying the train's control panel and killing the train conductor inside.

- Body Temperature Manipulation: Ultron could raise the temperature of his hands as means of slicing or causing damage to the desired target. Much like the Extremis hosts, when Ultron heats up his hands, they glow with the intensity of the heat. He instinctively used this ability to slice off Ulysses Klaue's arm when the latter compared him to Iron Man, as well as when he destroyed his own second body after adopting his new vibranium-encased form.

- Technology Manipulation: As an artificial intelligence, Ultron could mentally control and channel himself via computer technology.

- Mind Transfer: As an artificial intelligence, Ultron could transfer his consciousness where he could access any computer systems and encrypted systems, as where he becomes essentially anywhere and everywhere. Ultron could transfer his consciousness into the Ultron Sentries, serving as host bodies; that is, once the drones' eyes and mouths glow red, Ultron was in complete control.

- Hive Mind System: Ultron could mentally command all of the Ultron Sentries, to do his exact biddings. The sentries act as extensions of Ultron himself.

- Computer Interaction: Ultron could enter and corrupt any computer network and access the Internet at any point in time. Ultron used this ability to hack and destroy J.A.R.V.I.S.. He was able to mentally hack into the bank account of Ulysses Klaue and transfer billions of dollars into his account, in exchange for his vibranium supply. However, during the Battle of Sokovia, Vision was able to hack into Ultron's programming and disable the latter's ability to escape through the net, though the great effort involved in doing so briefly incapacitated Vision.

- Genius-Level Intellect: As an artificial intelligence, Ultron learns inhumanly quickly, and can download information and data directly into his mind.

*****Below is the list of power tiers to choose from. Please select a power tier for each character doing battle (the characters below in Red are not in any particular order). Be aware both characters can share the same power tier*****

The character's current statuses below are as follows

BLUE CHARACTERS = OFFICIAL FINAL PLACEMENT FOR CHARACTERS
GREEN CHARACTERS = OFFICIAL TRANSITIONAL PLACMENT FOR CHARACTERS FIGHTING UP THE TIER LIST
ORANGE CHARACTERS = OFFICIAL TRANSITIONAL PLACMENT FOR CHARACTERS FIGHTING DOWN THE TIER LIST
RED CHARACTERS = UNOFFICIAL SPECULATIVE PLACEMENT FOR CHARACTERS

*****NOTE: Characters that are OFFICIAL will always be Placed above characters that are UNOFFICIAL.*****


Cosmic Tier (cosmic/interdimension level power/presence on a planetary scale, at the minimum)
Dormammu
Eson The Searcher with Infinity Stone
Surtur Prime
Ego The Living Planet
Odin
Doctor Strange (w/ Time Gem)
Thanos (w/ Filled Infinity Gauntlet)

Transcendent Tier (City to planetary level power & Cosmic/interdimensional level influence on a local scale?)
Thanos w/ the Power Stone
Hela
Ronan with the Power Stone
Kurse
Fenris


Powerhouse Tier (Beyond top tier, power/interdimensional power on a block to city Level)
Vision
Hulk
Doctor Strange
Ghost Rider
Ebony Maw
Scarlet Witch
Hulkbuster Iron Man
Abomination
Pre-Eternal Flame Surtur
Malekith (W/ reality gem)
Ancient One
The Destroyer Armor
Giant Man
Kaecilius
Cull Obsidian

Top Tier (Street to block level?)
Valkyrie
Iron Man
Aldrich Killian
Drax the Destroyer
Ronan
Loki
Iron Monger
Whiplash
War Machine
Quake
Malekith
Heimdall
Sif
Hogun
Fandral
Volstagg
Korath The Pursuer
Groot
Killgrave
Yondu
Lash
Hive
Frigga
Pepper Potts with Extremis
Mantis
Skurge
Korg
Baron Mordo
Master Wong
Corvus Glaive

Superhuman Tier (Street Level)
Black Panther
Captain America
Starlord
Gamora
Spiderman
Winter Soldier
Vulture
Red Skull
Crossbones
Falcon
Quicksilver
Iron Fist
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones
Eric Savin (Extremis Soldier)
Ellen Brandt (Extremis Soldier)
Emil Blonsky (Super Soldier)
Madame Gao
Mr. Hyde
Slingshot
Aida
Raina
Deathlok
The Patriot
Carl Creed the Absorbing Man
Lorelei
Nebula
Miek
Ant Man
Yellow Jacket
Proxima Midnight
Erik Killmonger
Ulysses Klaue

Street Tier (non super human, agent level)
Daredevil
Black Widow
Rocket Racoon
Hawkeye
Elektra
Punisher
Coleen Wing
Batroc the Leaper
Shocker
Kingpin
Nobu
Diamondback
Bakuto
Peggy Carter
Sharon Carter Agent 13
Dum Dum Dugan
Mocking Bird
Maria Hill
Misty Knight
The Punisher
Nick Fury
Phil Coulson
Zemo
Jig Saw
M'Baku
Okoye
Shuri

__________________
Don't forget to vote for the WAR MACHINE VS. HEIMDALL fight

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=543581

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009

MCU Thor Respect Thread
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=541747

Last edited by BigThor; 06-19-2018 at 09:06 AM.
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 06:17 PM   #2
Ms. Marvel
Screwed up Avenger
 
Ms. Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: S.W.O.R.D.
Posts: 4,416
Default Re: MCU Fight: Thor Vs. Ultron Prime

The inclusion of Stormbreaker did it for me. Ultron Prime was taken out (the first time) by a weaker-than-now Thor, Iron Man and Vision. I believe post Ragnarok Thor with the weapon has the ability to do so himself. It may not be easy and I may be underselling Ultron Prime a little but ultimately I expect Thor to take this.

Ms. Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 06:51 PM   #3
Thör-El
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: London
Posts: 228
Default Re: MCU Fight: Thor Vs. Ultron Prime

Ultron gave Thor trouble in AoU by blindsiding him, knocking Mjolnir away and pinning Thor with what seemed to be a strength advantage. Still, Thor was joking/distracting him for Vision and didn't seem to be in any real danger.
Later we see a fairly small lightning strike from Thor contribute to melting Ultron's vibranium and then Ultron gets thrown across the city by one hit from Hulk.

I'm not convinced Ultron was a tier above him back then but Thor became far more powerful in Ragnarok/Infinity War anyway so I definitely see him winning a rematch
  • Post-Ragnarok Thor has unarmed lightning punches powerful enough to stun/ragdoll Hulk so I can't see him struggling in close quarters even if he's disarmed
  • He's summoned lightning strikes vastly more powerful than the one that helped melt Ultron's vibranium - e.g .ragdolling/stunning Hela, destroying Sokovia, shooting down Chitauri leviathans
  • His durability feats have become far more extreme (taking Hulk's best hits without a scratch, surviving the full force of a star) to the point where I can't see Ultron hurting him
  • He's gained an axe that can overpower a blast from the Infinity Gauntlet and still have enough momentum left over to near enough one shot Thanos (who tore through Vision's vibranium skull with his bare hands). If it can do that then it should be able to cut through vibranium.

Thör-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 07:31 PM   #4
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,256
Default Re: MCU Fight: Thor Vs. Ultron Prime

I at one point would have felt Ultron Prime could hold his own against Thor due to his Vibranium body make up, but I think given the feats in Ragnarok and Infinify War clearly shows a Thor that is in the upper Transcendant tier. So, I have a feeling Thor should now win this quite easily.

Surfer

__________________
Don't forget to vote for the WAR MACHINE Vs. HEIMDALL fight

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=543581

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
Surfer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:52 AM   #5
Batmannerism
Super-unknown
 
Batmannerism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 3,486
Default Re: MCU Fight: Thor Vs. Ultron Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thör-El View Post
Ultron gave Thor trouble in AoU by blindsiding him, knocking Mjolnir away and pinning Thor with what seemed to be a strength advantage. Still, Thor was joking/distracting him for Vision and didn't seem to be in any real danger.
Later we see a fairly small lightning strike from Thor contribute to melting Ultron's vibranium and then Ultron gets thrown across the city by one hit from Hulk.

I'm not convinced Ultron was a tier above him back then but Thor became far more powerful in Ragnarok/Infinity War anyway so I definitely see him winning a rematch
  • Post-Ragnarok Thor has unarmed lightning punches powerful enough to stun/ragdoll Hulk so I can't see him struggling in close quarters even if he's disarmed
  • He's summoned lightning strikes vastly more powerful than the one that helped melt Ultron's vibranium - e.g .ragdolling/stunning Hela, destroying Sokovia, shooting down Chitauri leviathans
  • His durability feats have become far more extreme (taking Hulk's best hits without a scratch, surviving the full force of a star) to the point where I can't see Ultron hurting him
  • He's gained an axe that can overpower a blast from the Infinity Gauntlet and still have enough momentum left over to near enough one shot Thanos (who tore through Vision's vibranium skull with his bare hands). If it can do that then it should be able to cut through vibranium.


What he said ! Can't see Infinity War Thor having any problem with Ultron Prime.

Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 02:34 AM   #6
Thör-El
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: London
Posts: 228
Default Re: MCU Fight: Thor Vs. Ultron Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
I at one point would have felt Ultron Prime could hold his own against Thor due to his Vibranium body make up, but I think given the feats in Ragnarok and Infinify War clearly shows a Thor that is in the upper Transcendant tier. So, I have a feeling Thor should now win this quite easily.

Surfer
He's had two major power boosts in his last couple of films.

With that in mind, shouldn't we be ranking Stormbreaker Thor (high transcendent), Ragnarok Thor (low transcendent) and Thor with Mjolnir (high powerhouse) separately like we have with Iron Man/Doctor Strange/Thanos/Surtur?

Thör-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 04:36 AM   #7
BigThor
God of Thunder
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 18,103
Default Re: MCU Fight: Thor Vs. Ultron Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thör-El View Post
He's had two major power boosts in his last couple of films.

With that in mind, shouldn't we be ranking Stormbreaker Thor (high transcendent), Ragnarok Thor (low transcendent) and Thor with Mjolnir (high powerhouse) separately like we have with Iron Man/Doctor Strange/Thanos/Surtur?
Nah, Iron Man has different entire suits and Doctor Strange had an Infinity Stone. Honestly I don't think Thor got a power boost in Ragnarok, just got more feats and power displays.

Thor's power ups seem to just be a natural evolution of the MCU expanding. Also Stormbreaker is a weapon unique to it's wielder unlike the Time Gem which isn't something specifically made for Strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
I think given the feats in Ragnarok and Infinify War clearly shows a Thor that is in the upper Transcendant tier. So, I have a feeling Thor should now win this quite easily.

Surfer
I think Thor should be at the very top of the Transcendent tier, he would beat Power Stone Thanos comfortably.

Look at how he performed versus Thanos with ALL of the Infinity Stones. Granted in an extended battle Full IG Thanos would beat Thor, but still off guard or not it showed Thor was well above Thanos with just ONE stone.

__________________
Don't forget to vote for the WAR MACHINE VS. HEIMDALL fight

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=543581

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009

MCU Thor Respect Thread
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=541747

Last edited by BigThor; 06-19-2018 at 04:49 AM.
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 05:28 AM   #8
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 24,235
Default Re: MCU Fight: Thor Vs. Ultron Prime

I agree.Thor seems to not go all out most of the time. When he does he seems a lot more powerful. I think Thor 1 and 2 did not show everything he could do.

__________________
A united Marvel is unstoppable! F4 and X-men back at Marvel at Disney!??!?!............nothing is stopping that ship!
Docker2.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 06:56 AM   #9
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 47,711
Default Re: MCU Fight: Thor Vs. Ultron Prime

I think Thor wins this fight fairly comfortably.

But to your point on Thanos BigThor, I have to disagree. Thanos would beat him. He was caught off guard in Wakanda. Without that benefit, Thor loses. Remember how helpless he was at start of IW?

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:21 AM   #10
Thör-El
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: London
Posts: 228
Default Re: MCU Fight: Thor Vs. Ultron Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I think Thor wins this fight fairly comfortably.

But to your point on Thanos BigThor, I have to disagree. Thanos would beat him. He was caught off guard in Wakanda. Without that benefit, Thor loses. Remember how helpless he was at start of IW?
You mean the start of Infinity War where the fight happens off screen and Thor was probably caught off guard?

In my mind it goes:
Thanos with the IG > Stormbreaker Thor > Thanos with the Power Gem > Ragnarok Thor > Base Thanos > Thor with Mjolnir

Thör-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:23 AM   #11
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 47,711
Default Re: MCU Fight: Thor Vs. Ultron Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thör-El View Post
You mean the start of Infinity War where the fight happens off screen and Thor was probably caught off guard?

In my mind it goes:
Thanos with the IG > Stormbreaker Thor > Thanos with the Power Gem > Ragnarok Thor > Base Thanos > Thor with Mjolnir
For me it is simpler: Thanos > Thor. The Nova Corp called Thanos the most powerful being in the universe, and the Nova Corp no doubt know of Asgard and Thor. So they at least think Thanos trumps him.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:27 AM   #12
jolldan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Scotland
Posts: 387
Default Re: MCU Fight: Thor Vs. Ultron Prime

Thor turns Ultron in to a holder for Stormbreaker.

__________________
2017 Superhero Movies Grades: Logan A+ Wonder Woman A- Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 B Thor Ragnarok B+ Spider-Man: Homecoming A- Justice League C+
jolldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:41 AM   #13
BigThor
God of Thunder
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 18,103
Default Re: MCU Fight: Thor Vs. Ultron Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I think Thor wins this fight fairly comfortably.

But to your point on Thanos BigThor, I have to disagree. Thanos would beat him. He was caught off guard in Wakanda. Without that benefit, Thor loses. Remember how helpless he was at start of IW?
Thor also didn't have Stormbreaker at the beginning of that fight and we have no idea how the fight went down it was off camera. The Black Order and Thanos could have jumped Thor or Thanos could have beat him one on one, either way we'll never know since it was off screen.

Oh and did I mention Thor didn't have Stormbreaker, it's only the most powerful weapon in all of Asgard and designed for an All Father. Thanos had a weapon at the beginning of Infinity War called the Power Stone, Thor was unarmed let's not forget the context.

__________________
Don't forget to vote for the WAR MACHINE VS. HEIMDALL fight

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=543581

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009

MCU Thor Respect Thread
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=541747

Last edited by BigThor; 06-19-2018 at 07:49 AM.
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:55 AM   #14
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 47,711
Default Re: MCU Fight: Thor Vs. Ultron Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Thor also didn't have Stormbreaker at the beginning of that fight and we have no idea how the fight went down it was off camera. The Black Order and Thanos could have jumped Thor or Thanos could have beat him one on one, either way we'll never know since it was off screen.

Oh and did I mention Thor didn't have Stormbreaker, it's only the most powerful weapon in all of Asgard and designed for an All Father. Thanos had a weapon at the beginning of Infinity War called the Power Stone, Thor was unarmed let's not forget the context.
Thanos also has one of the 6 most powerful objects in the universe for this hypothetical fight. One that can destroy planets and moons. Stormbreaker is great, it is not an infinity stone.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:57 AM   #15
Thör-El
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: London
Posts: 228
Default Re: MCU Fight: Thor Vs. Ultron Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
For me it is simpler: Thanos > Thor. The Nova Corp called Thanos the most powerful being in the universe, and the Nova Corp no doubt know of Asgard and Thor. So they at least think Thanos trumps him.
If I remember right it was Ronan's henchman that called Thanos "the most powerful being in the universe" and compared to going by feats he's not a great source.

A) That guy might've been referring to Thanos having armies
B) He'd seen Thanos up close whereas even if he vaguely knew about Thor/Odin the universe is a big place so he wouldn't have seen them up close (Asgard and the Kree had been peaceful for years) and he definitely didn't know about Hela, Surtur, Ego etc
C) He definitely didn't know about Stormbreaker/Thor's Ragnarok power amp because they hadn't happened yet


Last edited by Thör-El; 06-19-2018 at 08:04 AM.
Thör-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:04 AM   #16
BigThor
God of Thunder
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 18,103
Default Re: MCU Fight: Thor Vs. Ultron Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Thanos also has one of the 6 most powerful objects in the universe for this hypothetical fight. One that can destroy planets and moons. Stormbreaker is great, it is not an infinity stone.
Let's see, a beam from ONE Infinity Stone vs a weapon that overpowered a beam made up of all SIX Infinity Stones.....hmmmm.

Thanos infused Thor's Asgardian ship with Power Stone energy causing it to explode at point blank range (including Thor's head) in a attempt to kill Thor and Thor survived. Thor literally could have KILLED Thanos if he had aimed for the head as stated by the Russos Brothers themselves.

if we're gonna bring statements into the matter, what's a bigger statement than one from the director's themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
For me it is simpler: Thanos > Thor. The Nova Corp called Thanos the most powerful being in the universe, and the Nova Corp no doubt know of Asgard and Thor. So they at least think Thanos trumps him.
Ego and Surtur would disagree.

__________________
Don't forget to vote for the WAR MACHINE VS. HEIMDALL fight

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=543581

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009

MCU Thor Respect Thread
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=541747
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:17 AM   #17
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 47,711
Default Re: MCU Fight: Thor Vs. Ultron Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Let's see, a beam from ONE Infinity Stone vs a weapon that overpowered a beam made up of all SIX Infinity Stones.....hmmmm.

Thanos infused Thor's Asgardian ship with Power Stone energy causing it to explode at point blank range (including Thor's head) in a attempt to kill Thor and Thor survived. Thor literally could have KILLED Thanos if he had aimed for the head as stated by the Russos Brothers themselves.

if we're gonna bring statements into the matter, what's a bigger statement than one from the director's themselves.
Thanos was also surprised in that moment. If we're going to make excuses like Thor lost the battle in space because Thanos surprised him, then you have to offer Thanos the same courtesy. Otherwise you're just picking and choosing. Thanos also could have killed Thor on the ship, but he spared him. I am not saying Thor is not powerful, I am saying Thanos is more powerful.

Quote:
Ego and Surtur would disagree.
I don't think the Nova Corp were aware of either of them at that point in time. But Thor existed. Granted he got a power upgrade, but so did Thanos. With one of the 6 most powerful objects in the universe.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:38 AM   #18
BigThor
God of Thunder
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 18,103
Default Re: MCU Fight: Thor Vs. Ultron Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Thanos was also surprised in that moment. If we're going to make excuses like Thor lost the battle in space because Thanos surprised him, then you have to offer Thanos the same courtesy.
Except I never said that, Thor-El did and I actually factored in Thor catching Thanos off guard a few posts up.

I actually said in an extended fight Thanos with the Full IG would beat Stormbreaker Thor, but that doesn't take away the fact that Thor overpowered a beam of all 6 gems. Suprised or not, a blast from all 6 gems > a blast from one gem no matter how you slice it.

Quote:
Otherwise you're just picking and choosing. Thanos also could have killed Thor on the ship, but he spared him. I am not saying Thor is not powerful, I am saying Thanos is more powerful.
Thanos spared Thor by destroying his ship and blowing him up at point blank range with a large Power Stone explosion? Lol

__________________
Don't forget to vote for the WAR MACHINE VS. HEIMDALL fight

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=543581

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009

MCU Thor Respect Thread
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=541747

Last edited by BigThor; 06-19-2018 at 08:53 AM.
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:47 AM   #19
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 47,711
Default Re: MCU Fight: Thor Vs. Ultron Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Except I never said that, Thor-El did and I actually factored in Thor catching Thanos off guard a few posts up.

I actually said in an extended fight Thanos with the Full IG would beat Stormbreaker Thor, but that doesn't take away the fact that Thor overpowered a beam of all 6 gems. Suprised or not, a blast from all 6 gems > a blast from one gem no matter how you slice it.
Not true. Thanos clearly could have countered it other ways if he thought of it. See the fight between him and Strange. He just wasn't ready for it. I don't see Stormbreaker doing that to Thanos a 2nd time. The power stone does more than simple blasts and such. Ronan could be hit by space ships when he had it and they did nothing. It can make moons or planets explode (it took more than the power stone to throw the moon, but the act of destroying it only required that 1 stone). It also was used several times to absorb heavy damage and convert it.

That being said, is this Thor's last fight for a while? I feel like he is the most used person to date, and it always just devolves into "Thor is the greatest, most powerfulest evah!!!" I think we need a break from him in battles for many weeks. Maybe work on some less cosmic tiers as well.


Quote:
Thanos spared Thor by destroying his ship causing and blowing him up at point blank range with a large Power Stone explosion? Lol
He spared him when he was trying to force Loki to give him the Tesseract. Thor's face was gonna explode like a ripe melon.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 09:04 AM   #20
BigThor
God of Thunder
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 18,103
Default Re: MCU Fight: Thor Vs. Ultron Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Not true. Thanos clearly could have countered it other ways if he thought of it. See the fight between him and Strange. He just wasn't ready for it. I don't see Stormbreaker doing that to Thanos a 2nd time. The power stone does more than simple blasts and such. Ronan could be hit by space ships when he had it and they did nothing. It can make moons or planets explode (it took more than the power stone to throw the moon, but the act of destroying it only required that 1 stone). It also was used several times to absorb heavy damage and convert it.

That being said, is this Thor's last fight for a while? I feel like he is the most used person to date, and it always just devolves into "Thor is the greatest, most powerfulest evah!!!" I think we need a break from him in battles for many weeks. Maybe work on some less cosmic tiers as well.
Thor already had a break, he hasn't been used in 3 months and Ghost Rider has battled just as much as Thor.Also this was Jaqua99's turn but he's sick so I'm filling in for him, I asked him to do Cull Obsidian vs Abomination but he wanted to battle Thor into a higher tier.

I actually voted against Thor in the MCU Tag Team Battles when I put Thor & Hela vs Surtur.

I genuinely think Thor can beat Power Stone Thanos, I don't genuinely think he can beat Dormmamu, Surtur, or Full IG Thanos, I'm a fan but I'm not a blind fan as I'm often made out to be I don't think he can beat everyone. So there goes those theories...

Quote:
He spared him when he was trying to force Loki to give him the Tesseract. Thor's face was gonna explode like a ripe melon.
Lol ok, I'm done.

__________________
Don't forget to vote for the WAR MACHINE VS. HEIMDALL fight

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=543581

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009

MCU Thor Respect Thread
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=541747

Last edited by BigThor; 06-19-2018 at 09:38 AM.
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 09:15 AM   #21
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 24,235
Default Re: MCU Fight: Thor Vs. Ultron Prime

I don't know man. Your name is BigThor..............not saying you are bias but you can't deny you are a huge Thor fan.

__________________
A united Marvel is unstoppable! F4 and X-men back at Marvel at Disney!??!?!............nothing is stopping that ship!
Docker2.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 09:45 AM   #22
BigThor
God of Thunder
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 18,103
Default Re: MCU Fight: Thor Vs. Ultron Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
I don't know man. Your name is BigThor..............not saying you are bias but you can't deny you are a huge Thor fan.
Yeah my name gets me a lot of slack, however being a big fan is one thing but being a blind fan is another. Blind fans better known as "Stans" go overboard and say things their favorite character clearly isn't capable of.

I've never said Thor could do anything that he arguably couldn't, I feel I'm more reasonable than I get credit for. When Kurse battered him I accepted that Kurse was above him, when Hela beat I also accepted she was above him, and when Thanos beat him I accepted he was above him as well (without Stormbreaker).

A blind fan wouldn't do that, a blind fan will ignore most if not all logic and even actual onscreen events.

__________________
Don't forget to vote for the WAR MACHINE VS. HEIMDALL fight

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=543581

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009

MCU Thor Respect Thread
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=541747

Last edited by BigThor; 06-19-2018 at 09:59 AM.
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:51 AM   #23
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 24,235
Default Re: MCU Fight: Thor Vs. Ultron Prime

Relax man, I was kidding. Hence the wink.

__________________
A united Marvel is unstoppable! F4 and X-men back at Marvel at Disney!??!?!............nothing is stopping that ship!
Docker2.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:53 AM   #24
BigThor
God of Thunder
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 18,103
Default Re: MCU Fight: Thor Vs. Ultron Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
Relax man, I was kidding. Hence the wink.
I know I saw it, I was just saying and I'm not upset or wound up.

__________________
Don't forget to vote for the WAR MACHINE VS. HEIMDALL fight

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=543581

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009

MCU Thor Respect Thread
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=541747
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:01 PM   #25
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 47,711
Default Re: MCU Fight: Thor Vs. Ultron Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Thor already had a break, he hasn't been used in 3 months and Ghost Rider has battled just as much as Thor.Also this was Jaqua99's turn but he's sick so I'm filling in for him, I asked him to do Cull Obsidian vs Abomination but he wanted to battle Thor into a higher tier.
Cull vs Abomb would be a good one

Quote:
I actually voted against Thor in the MCU Tag Team Battles when I put Thor & Hela vs Surtur.

I genuinely think Thor can beat Power Stone Thanos, I don't genuinely think he can beat Dormmamu, Surtur, or Full IG Thanos, I'm a fan but I'm not a blind fan as I'm often made out to be I don't think he can beat everyone. So there goes those theories...
I am not singling you out or anything. I am saying though Thor fights feel like the same argument when they come up. On a personal level, I do think the power stone's power is under sold largely as is how powerful Thanos is. Thor's the most powerful hero, I think we can agree on that. I just don't think he is a match for Thanos.

I do feel like some of the lower tiers don't get as much attention, though. We mostly get powerhouse and transcendent fights.

Quote:
Lol ok, I'm done.
It's pretty evident Thanos was killing him with the stone while Loki was watching. Face was becoming purple and everything. So the power stone is most definitely capable of destroying Thor.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.