The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 04-14-2005, 09:06 PM   #1351
crystal_flame6
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Ghost Rider Hype Thread!

He is also might be a good source of news about the movie.
Back to the interview, besides the fact that the first 20 min or so of the film is going to tell how JB comes to be what he is, and that the film jumps forward 18-20 after that, what other information can we weed out of that interview?

-This fall get ready to pay for past crimes. (Ghost Rider, coming Aug. 6th, 2006)
crystal_flame6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 09:36 PM   #1352
BIGGUN
Side-Kick

thats all i got from it..
now im wondering will he change into a early version of GR at the start of the film or will they save it for when Mephisto comes back 20 yrs later?
would be cool if they did i think. allude that GR has been seen briefly back in the 80s and returns 20 yrs later to go on another mission for Mephisto. during those years rumors and legends spring up among local Texas folk who remember seeing a flaming demon on a cycle made of fire.
if they do use a early version of GR i can see his outfit being similar to what he wore in the original series ... the classic dark blue/black leather jumpsuit

BIGGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 05:41 AM   #1353
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Ya know when i first arrived GR only had 1 thread,and 3 members(flamehead,BIGGUN and MM) but since then GR got his own forum and its cool to see a lot of new posters coming into this section to support the movie.Of all the boards on here(a few quibbles aside)this seems to be the board where fans are happiest with the production and we even have the director postin hehehe
I have a real good feeling on this one and The Hellcycle just enhanced that optimism,Roll on a pic of GR himself

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 04:30 PM   #1354
crystal_flame6
Side-Kick

I like that idea BIGGUN. Picture this scene;
a fire is burning low as the old man finishes his tale of the fiery Ghost Rider that used to roam the highways in search of justice. (one of the guys jumps up and runs off on his motorcycle) Another guy from around the fire speaks up. "Look at that, Henry just ran of 'cause you scared him with our old wives' tale. It's just a legend, there's no such thing and never has been. I've been a paid assasin for five years and nothin's happened to me." (You hear a bike return, closly followed by another one) "Henry, why did you run off like that?" "He's coming! He's coming to kill us!" Henry screams. Suddenly chains wrap around Henry's feet and he s dragged out of the firelight. The other guy laughs nervously and says "really funny Henry, you had me goin' for awhile. Now get back here." Something moves in the shadows just outside the firelight and the Ghost Rider rolls into the firelight on his bike. "Oh ****" says the assasin and he takes off, closly followed by GR.

Old 04-15-2005, 11:22 PM   #1355
FlameHead
Side-Kick

You must think about Ghsot Rider constantly (Welcome to the club) cuz you have some ideas for all things concerning him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGGUN
when i talked to Mr. Arad back in 92/93 he sounded pretty excited about the character. even if that earlier film incarnation didnt make it, he was going to do his best to get it into production. he even had a teaser poster made for it too.
hopefully we will get to see it (as well as other unused GR stuff) on the special features section on the dvd.
Wow... you spoke with Mr. Arad? That must have been a joy. I bet he's exactly the same as he appears to be. He doesn't seem like a false man or anything, ya know what I mean? Very real.

Another Wow... Special features on the DVD. Oh boy... just thinking about is almost too much for me to handle right now. This Ghost Rider movie is going to give me a heart attack yet, I'm so excited.

Quote:
thats all i got from it..
now im wondering will he change into a early version of GR at the start of the film or will they save it for when Mephisto comes back 20 yrs later?
would be cool if they did i think. allude that GR has been seen briefly back in the 80s and returns 20 yrs later to go on another mission for Mephisto. during those years rumors and legends spring up among local Texas folk who remember seeing a flaming demon on a cycle made of fire.
if they do use a early version of GR i can see his outfit being similar to what he wore in the original series ... the classic dark blue/black leather jumpsuit
What I got from the interview was that he makes the deal with Meph when he's young but doesn't actually turn into Ghost Rider until he's Nic. Didn't feel nice to say old...

I'd think they'll have some incarnation of that jumpsuit. That's his trademark in a way. He's always had it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter rider
Ya know when i first arrived GR only had 1 thread,and 3 members(flamehead,BIGGUN and MM) but since then GR got his own forum and its cool to see a lot of new posters coming into this section to support the movie.Of all the boards on here(a few quibbles aside)this seems to be the board where fans are happiest with the production and we even have the director postin hehehe
I have a real good feeling on this one and The Hellcycle just enhanced that optimism,Roll on a pic of GR himself
Here, here. We're all dying to see the man/demon himself. I'll probably be a while before that happens though. They'll likely ride on the hype of the Cycle for as long as possible.

It sure is nice that new people are showin' up. MarvelMovies Biggun and myself were getting bored with each other. There was a long time that there was only this one thread and with just the 3 of us posting... keeping the GR hype alive.

Ahhh... the memories. But you're right, this is the nicest place on the hype. Hands down.

Found this pic here: http://www.angelfire.com/super/clubs..._Cosplay01.htm. Thought it was funny.

Last edited by FlameHead; 04-15-2005 at 11:31 PM.
FlameHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 12:08 PM   #1356
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Hey Flame,BIGGUN,do you rember ages ago when we talked about zarathos look when he was seperated from Blaze and fought the Ketch GR ?Well there was a pic we were all looking for and ive found it

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 04-16-2005, 12:31 PM   #1357
BIGGUN
Side-Kick

dont think thats Zarathos...or at least the one that fought the Ketch GR. that is a image from the much maligned mini-series "Ghost Rider: Hammer Lane". Ketch wasnt mentioned in the book...in fact i think it completely ignored a lot of history from both books.
written by a person who admitted that she had no idea of what GR was about and decided to make up her backstory.
the Zarathos had a colorful (very x-men like) costume when he fought the K. GR in the 90s book. BUT i just found something at my parents house just last week. you remember the old action figures series from 95? well each figure had a mini-comic packed in w/ it that was a completely new story about the character that it was packed w/. one of the GR figures came w/ a comic where he fought the classic Blaze/Zarathos GR. not official canon i know but it did happen.
when i get a chance this weekend i will try and scan that particular issue and post some images. hopefully when MarvelMovies gets his site back up and running i can scan all of the issues that i have (missing just one) so everyone can read them.

Old 04-16-2005, 12:34 PM   #1358
Hunter Rider
Ronin

sorry,you are right i have hammer lane just havent brought myself to read it yet Look forward to seeing your scans

Old 04-16-2005, 04:43 PM   #1359
FlameHead
Side-Kick

Nice big pic you found there HR, even if it wasn't what you thought it was.

I did find a few Zarathos pics from the era in question though. There are a few online, like these ones...

I look forward to those scans of yours Biggun...

Old 04-16-2005, 05:31 PM   #1360
FlameHead
Side-Kick

I just found a pic of this bust...

I haven't seen this one before, as far as I can remember. Have you guys? It's pretty freakin' cool, none the less.

Found it here, btw: http://www.toymania.com/news/messages/6404.shtml

Old 04-16-2005, 05:36 PM   #1361
Hunter Rider
Ronin

really cool FH,can't say ive seen it before,damn this movie is to far away

Old 04-16-2005, 06:06 PM   #1362
BIGGUN
Side-Kick

yeah...i saw that back in feb. think i posted a link to the pic but i fergets where...heh.
bust is very cool regardless....im sure we can all expect more GR merchandise from now and probably even sometime after the movie has left theaters.
cant wait to see what Marvel has planned...

Old 04-16-2005, 09:28 PM   #1363
KetchBlaze
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameHead
I just found a pic of this bust...

I haven't seen this one before, as far as I can remember. Have you guys? It's pretty freakin' cool, none the less.

Found it here, btw: http://www.toymania.com/news/messages/6404.shtml

I was surfing through the boards the other day and decided that I was going to own one of these busts. I wrote to the people and got an immediate response. Here goes:

Quote:
Hey Paul,

Diamond Select will be releasing that piece later this year into comic
book stores, keep an eye open for it in a upcoming issue of Previews.

Mike Crockarell
Editor - Superhero Times

Old 04-17-2005, 03:26 AM   #1364
BIGGUN
Side-Kick

ok...had a chance to scan comic #10 from that figure series.
will see if this turns out ok...

Old 04-17-2005, 03:27 AM   #1365
BIGGUN
Side-Kick

and the cover...

the comic is pretty small but i was able to "blow it up reel good"...heh

Old 04-17-2005, 03:30 AM   #1366
BIGGUN
Side-Kick

and the last two...

Last edited by BIGGUN; 04-17-2005 at 03:47 AM.
Old 04-17-2005, 02:52 PM   #1367
Fettstyl
Side-Kick

Arrow Re: The Official Ghost Rider Hype Thread!

The pic HR posted from hammer lane is the same pic the marvel knights encyclopedia uses to depict zarathos, even though I'm not the biggest fan of Trent K's style, I do prefer this depiction to the one used in the 90's(I hated that one).

The hammer Lane wasn't awesome, but it was ok. And i don't see how it ignored the first series story, obviously it ignored the ketch years, but I don't see how it substantially ignored Blaze history, but then maybe my memory is foggy, its been awhile since i read it. Also on a side note about HL, "her" story seems to me to have been lifted from the GR story that was in the 90's Kay-Bee Toys free giveaway GR collectors comic (I got off Ebay ) There are many similarities.

Those mini comics you talked about were great, except the 1st one where the writer had GR go after "russ" ie Rush Limbaugh. Being an evil conservative myself......that rather bothered me. i mean I wouldn't like it if GR went after Bill Clinton either, even though I'm an evil conservative, I just think they should leave all politics out of comics, they should be for everyone, IMO, not taking sides in the culture wars.
Oh, and that one issue your talking about that your missing BG, It may be the one that they never printed (i'll have to check which issue# it was). I thought I was missing one too, yet I had all the figures and looked through every one i saw in stores, yet i couldn't find it, so i called toybiz and the lady told me they decided not to print that one because "it was too demonic". Too demonic???? man I'd love to read that one

Fettstyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 02:58 PM   #1368
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fettstyl
The pic HR posted from hammer lane is the same pic the marvel knights encyclopedia uses to depict zarathos, even though I'm not the biggest fan of Trent K's style, I do prefer this depiction to the one used in the 90's(I hated that one).

I thought i'd seen that pic with the name Zarathos next to it
Great pics BIGGUN

Old 04-17-2005, 03:06 PM   #1369
BIGGUN
Side-Kick

thanks guys and for the comic info Fettstyl...
was wondering what happened to that issue. interesting to know that it wasnt even printed...but because it was too demonic? rather odd since the series dealt w/ demons and possession in the 1st place...i guess it must had really over the top imagery. nothing too out there im sure....but probably on the same level as the GR comic was at the time.

Old 04-17-2005, 03:13 PM   #1370
Fettstyl
Side-Kick

Post Re: The Official Ghost Rider Hype Thread!

Quote:
interesting to know that it wasnt even printed...but because it was too demonic? rather odd since the series dealt w/ demons and possession in the 1st place...i guess it must had really over the top imagery. nothing too out there im sure....but probably on the same level as the GR comic was at the time.
Yeah, I thought it strange too, but that is the excuse she gave me. It must've really been hardcore.

Fettstyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 04:47 AM   #1371
FlameHead
Side-Kick

Thanks for those panels Biggun. They look fantastic! *right click, save as*

I haven't posted any Ghost Rider pics in a while... so, here's a couple for ya.

Old 04-20-2005, 04:55 AM   #1372
Hunter Rider
Ronin

WOW! who is the villain in this pic ?

Old 04-20-2005, 05:44 AM   #1373
InVictus
Side-Kick

Darn! I don't remember that guy! Arghhh! I miss some GR info!
Arghhhh!

InVictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 04:02 PM   #1374
Mononoke

Sorry, a little off-topic here, but I found this mini-article and I had to post it (hope no one has already). If you haven't seen it pay attention to the last part of the article (I don't know how to bold the text on here yet)
From Thursdays Herald Sun:

"Ghost Who Walks

SPOTTED: Nicolas Cage and his pregnant wife Alice Kim browsing in Southgate jewellery store Cabochon last Sunday. His film Ghost Rider is shooting on and around the Southgate pedestrian walk bridge over the Yarra this week. In the film his character will ride his motorbike over the curved top of the footbridge, a stunt that will be generated by computer, and not expert motorbike skills."

So what do you think? Truth or rumour??

Old 04-21-2005, 04:24 PM   #1375
crystal_flame6
Side-Kick

Good Find Mononoke
We know that GR takes a dip in the river and is followed by the police to the river. This sounds higly plausible. GR is trying to evade the police and jumps up on the roof so they can't shoot at him. The helicopter makes him go down to the only refuge left, the river.