The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > Fight Club

View Poll Results: Superman vs. Captain Marvel
Superman 116 61.05%
Captain Marvel 74 38.95%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2006, 08:07 AM   #226
Vic Von Doom
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 247
Default Re: Superman vs. Captain Marvel

How does Captain Marvel have so many votes? In Kingdom Come, Superman wins. In "Clash" from JLU, Superman wins.
Superman wins. That's it.

Vic Von Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:55 AM   #227
Jplaya2023
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 5,303
Default Re: Superman vs. Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Von Doom
How does Captain Marvel have so many votes? In Kingdom Come, Superman wins. In "Clash" from JLU, Superman wins.
Superman wins. That's it.
bad writing

__________________
1. Most sonnings sarge's respect Son of krypton paying homage
2. Hype rookie record for most platinum threads. Jplaya's Knows more about batman than you ever will
3. Most liked/respected member as a rookie 2 pac giving playa his respect Sonning
Jplaya2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:05 AM   #228
Whirlysplat
Banned User
 
Whirlysplat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,422
Default Re: Superman vs. Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jplaya2023
bad writing
Nah.

- Whirly

Whirlysplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:17 PM   #229
chuckymack
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Rock of Eternity
Posts: 282
Default Re: Superman vs. Captain Marvel

In Kingdom Come, Supes doesn't win. He's bleeding out of every orifice possible. He's getting his ass handed to him, and he knows it. Sensing his imminent demise, he talks Marvel out of killing him and concentrating on the real matter at hand: the nuke.
JLU sucks, by the way. John Stewart's NOT the Green Lantern. Hal is.
The only way Captain Marvel loses to Superman is if some Hypester moron is writing the story with blatant disregard to powers and weaknesses.

__________________
And, with a single bolt of lightning, Armageddon has arrived.
chuckymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:18 PM   #230
marcofthebeast
X-Rays on my brain!
 
marcofthebeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Posts: 801
Default Re: Superman vs. Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Von Doom
How does Captain Marvel have so many votes? In Kingdom Come, Superman wins. In "Clash" from JLU, Superman wins.
Superman wins. That's it.
And those stories are both out of normal universe continuity.

__________________
My Bands CD has been released.
Check It Out Here.
http://myspace.com/pairofsevens
marcofthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:22 PM   #231
chuckymack
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Rock of Eternity
Posts: 282
Default Re: Superman vs. Captain Marvel

Correct!

__________________
And, with a single bolt of lightning, Armageddon has arrived.
chuckymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 01:09 PM   #232
MajinShenron
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 357
Default Re: Superman vs. Captain Marvel

Thor beat Captain Marvel but couldn't beat Superman. Superman for the win.

__________________
Death is instant, Pain will end, glory is forever
MajinShenron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 01:17 PM   #233
Jplaya2023
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 5,303
Default Re: Superman vs. Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckymack
In Kingdom Come, Supes doesn't win. He's bleeding out of every orifice possible. He's getting his ass handed to him, and he knows it. Sensing his imminent demise, he talks Marvel out of killing him and concentrating on the real matter at hand: the nuke.
JLU sucks, by the way. John Stewart's NOT the Green Lantern. Hal is.
The only way Captain Marvel loses to Superman is if some Hypester moron is writing the story with blatant disregard to powers and weaknesses.
stop it, you're making jag and darthsphere cry

__________________
1. Most sonnings sarge's respect Son of krypton paying homage
2. Hype rookie record for most platinum threads. Jplaya's Knows more about batman than you ever will
3. Most liked/respected member as a rookie 2 pac giving playa his respect Sonning
Jplaya2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 01:45 PM   #234
KAD
Side-Kick
 
KAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 4,678
Default Re: Superman vs. Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Von Doom
How does Captain Marvel have so many votes? In Kingdom Come, Superman wins. In "Clash" from JLU, Superman wins.
Superman wins. That's it.
For quite a long time they we're depicted as equals.

The Capt has and always will be the Mightiest Mortal

So supes loses.

__________________

Drawings in progress

KAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 07:24 PM   #235
Vic Von Doom
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 247
Default Re: Superman vs. Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAD
For quite a long time they we're depicted as equals.

The Capt has and always will be the Mightiest Mortal

So supes loses.
Who says Captain Marvel is the World's Mightiest Mortal? The guy who wrote the nickname? Superman is the Man Of Steel, he's not actually made of steel. Plus, Superman might be immortal. And therefore exempt from the list of Mighty Mortals.

And Superman does beat Captain Marvel in Kingdom Come. He's bleeding but he's also gripping Batson's face with his hand. If he squeezes, his face implodes. Superman wins.

Marvel has the strength of Hercules. Thor is probably equal to or greater than in terms of strength level compared to Hercules. In JLA/Avengers, Superman knocked Thor on his ass. Ergo, Superman beats Captain Marvel.

And JLU sucks? Wow. You must not know anything about what makes the DCU great, since if you did, you would understand that JLU is the greatest example of comics to tv there ever was.

Vic Von Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 07:32 PM   #236
KAD
Side-Kick
 
KAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 4,678
Default Re: Superman vs. Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Von Doom
Who says Captain Marvel is the World's Mightiest Mortal? The guy who wrote the nickname? Superman is the Man Of Steel, he's not actually made of steel. Plus, Superman might be immortal. And therefore exempt from the list of Mighty Mortals.

And Superman does beat Captain Marvel in Kingdom Come. He's bleeding but he's also gripping Batson's face with his hand. If he squeezes, his face implodes. Superman wins.

Marvel has the strength of Hercules. Thor is probably equal to or greater than in terms of strength level compared to Hercules. In JLA/Avengers, Superman knocked Thor on his ass. Ergo, Superman beats Captain Marvel.

And JLU sucks? Wow. You must not know anything about what makes the DCU great, since if you did, you would understand that JLU is the greatest example of comics to tv there ever was.
1. SM only got his hand on Batson because his mind was addled by Savanaha's worms. Employing the Wisdom of Solmon would have tipped the scales in favor of CM

2. Thor from Marvel is no way a measuring stick for the Gods in the DC pantheon. Ergo your argument has no merit

3. I didn't mention JLU you did

4. you wouldn't be related to another confused poster jplaya now would you?

__________________

Drawings in progress

KAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 07:38 PM   #237
Vic Von Doom
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 247
Default Re: Superman vs. Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAD
1. SM only got his hand on Batson because his mind was addled by Savanaha's worms. Employing the Wisdom of Solmon would have tipped the scales in favor of CM

2. Thor from Marvel is no way a measuring stick for the Gods in the DC pantheon. Ergo your argument has no merit

3. I didn't mention JLU you did

4. you wouldn't be related to another confused poster jplaya now would you?
1. Superman got his hand on Batson in JLU.

2. Hercules is Hercules. 616 or DC.

3. Someone else mentioned JLU. I was just defending it.

4. We're not related. I think.

5. When Eclipso possessed Superman, he kicked the hell out of Marvel. So the worms argument is moot, when either one of them is altered somewhat, Superman wins. I'm talking about the recent Winick-pencilled crossover.

Vic Von Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 07:40 PM   #238
KAD
Side-Kick
 
KAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 4,678
Default Re: Superman vs. Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Von Doom
1. Superman got his hand on Batson in JLU.

2. Hercules is Hercules. 616 or DC.

3. Someone else mentioned JLU. I was just defending it.

4. We're not related. I think.

5. When Eclipso possessed Superman, he kicked the hell out of Marvel. So the worms argument is moot, when either one of them is altered somewhat, Superman wins. I'm talking about the recent Winick-pencilled crossover.

You did notice he was holding back in the Eclipso issue?

Jlu is a cartoon and does not crossover into the comics

Go read some TT back issues or WW then come back and tell me that the DC pantheon is the same as 616. They aren't even close.

__________________

Drawings in progress

KAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 07:40 PM   #239
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
TheCorpulent1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 154,408
Default Re: Superman vs. Captain Marvel

While JLU's a great cartoon, the characters' power levels are much different in it. The Flash could barely outrun traffic, for example, and the one time he actually used any decent amount of speed, he got sucked into the Speed Force and nearly died. So bringing it up in an argument over the comics doesn't work because it's not pertinent to the comics.

__________________
"This I grant to you: You may tell your grandchildren that you stood for a time against the mighty Thor."
- Marvel Heroes
TheCorpulent1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:09 PM   #240
Whirlysplat
Banned User
 
Whirlysplat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,422
Default Re: Superman vs. Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1
While JLU's a great cartoon, the characters' power levels are much different in it. The Flash could barely outrun traffic, for example, and the one time he actually used any decent amount of speed, he got sucked into the Speed Force and nearly died. So bringing it up in an argument over the comics doesn't work because it's not pertinent to the comics.
Agreed

- Whirly

Whirlysplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:07 PM   #241
supermarvelman
Banned User
 
supermarvelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hermosa Bch, CA
Posts: 4,763
Default Re: Superman vs. Captain Marvel

One day they need to have Captain Marvel and Superman duke it out in continuity, all outt no holes bared, just so fans can finally know who would really win, and how good of a fight it would actually be.

supermarvelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:38 PM   #242
LouFerignoDemon
CLEAN YOUR SHEETS!!!
 
LouFerignoDemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 15,982
Default Re: Superman vs. Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Von Doom
Who says Captain Marvel is the World's Mightiest Mortal? The guy who wrote the nickname? Superman is the Man Of Steel, he's not actually made of steel. Plus, Superman might be immortal. And therefore exempt from the list of Mighty Mortals.

And Superman does beat Captain Marvel in Kingdom Come. He's bleeding but he's also gripping Batson's face with his hand. If he squeezes, his face implodes. Superman wins.

Marvel has the strength of Hercules. Thor is probably equal to or greater than in terms of strength level compared to Hercules. In JLA/Avengers, Superman knocked Thor on his ass. Ergo, Superman beats Captain Marvel.

And JLU sucks? Wow. You must not know anything about what makes the DCU great, since if you did, you would understand that JLU is the greatest example of comics to tv there ever was.
Shazam.

__________________
FERRIGNO DEMON SMASH DIRTY SHEETS!!
LouFerignoDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:05 PM   #243
incubat
radioactive chimpanzee
 
incubat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,572
Default Re: Superman vs. Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckymack
In Kingdom Come, Supes doesn't win. He's bleeding out of every orifice possible. He's getting his ass handed to him, and he knows it. Sensing his imminent demise, he talks Marvel out of killing him and concentrating on the real matter at hand: the nuke.
JLU sucks, by the way. John Stewart's NOT the Green Lantern. Hal is.
The only way Captain Marvel loses to Superman is if some Hypester moron is writing the story with blatant disregard to powers and weaknesses.
you clearly don't know how to appreciate the jlu, ti belongs in DCAU, it was never supposed to be just like regular continuity DCU, that's why it has the A in it, for ANIMATED. but the main thing is, I agree with corp, you can't use DCAU as a reference for DCU, but it's still a great show. I'm still not sure who would win between them, I personally vote for Superman, but it's a very close match. and btw, hal may be the real gl, but he is an ass, so i'm ok with gl being john


Last edited by incubat; 08-07-2006 at 11:12 PM.
incubat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:21 AM   #244
Toby_Temple
Side-Kick
 
Toby_Temple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,132
Default Re: Superman vs. Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAD
You did notice he was holding back in the Eclipso issue?

Jlu is a cartoon and does not crossover into the comics

Go read some TT back issues or WW then come back and tell me that the DC pantheon is the same as 616. They aren't even close.
OWNED!

__________________
click me!
Toby_Temple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:31 PM   #245
MajinShenron
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 357
Default Re: Superman vs. Captain Marvel

Quote:
John Stewart's NOT the Green Lantern. Hal is.
Anyone who wears the ring is a Green Lantern.

__________________
Death is instant, Pain will end, glory is forever
MajinShenron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:39 PM   #246
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
TheCorpulent1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 154,408
Default Re: Superman vs. Captain Marvel

Yes. But Alan Scott is more of a Green Lantern than all of them because he came first.

__________________
"This I grant to you: You may tell your grandchildren that you stood for a time against the mighty Thor."
- Marvel Heroes
TheCorpulent1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:41 PM   #247
The Leaguer
Banned User
 
The Leaguer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The ruins of Coast City
Posts: 14,036
Default Re: Superman vs. Captain Marvel

Hal is less of a Green Lantern than all of them because he blows ass.

The Leaguer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:43 PM   #248
CanaryFan
Side-Kick
 
CanaryFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,657
Default Re: Superman vs. Captain Marvel

I won't comment on the sexual overtones of Alan's weakness for wood.

CanaryFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:52 PM   #249
marcofthebeast
X-Rays on my brain!
 
marcofthebeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Posts: 801
Default Re: Superman vs. Captain Marvel

He's weak around wood cause he aint a homo.

__________________
My Bands CD has been released.
Check It Out Here.
http://myspace.com/pairofsevens
marcofthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:54 PM   #250
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!
 
Darthphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 83,262
Default Re: Superman vs. Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcofthebeast
He's weak around wood cause he aint a homo.

*applause*

__________________
"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.