• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Batman television show?

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Do you think it's time for another Batman series?

I think it's defintely time. The only problem is people will want to make it like Green Arrow and Smallville when really it should be like Sherlock or Luther.

It'll be great to have something alongside Shield the tv series as well.

I would also quite be happy with Gotham Central. Who would you cast for a Batman tv series?

It's so time for this, especially since CW's Arrow practically IS Batman. I can't offhand thing of a young actor who wold be good for Bruce Wayne/Batman.

It's always been time for this.

Batman is the one superhero that makes sense on TV.

Now, that the Nolan series is done, it would be a good break from the movies.

However, I always thought there was some rights issues or something, which is why they could never make it.

I assume this is why the CW picked Arrow, the closest thing. You can tell that they really just wanted to do Batman.

No. Don't take steps back. I have yet to see one good superhero show on television that wasn't a cartoon. No, no, NO! If any character that could use a show it would be daredevil. Spend half action half law and order

No. Don't take steps back. I have yet to see one good superhero show on television that wasn't a cartoon. No, no, NO! If any character that could use a show it would be daredevil. Spend half action half law and order

I would so be down for that. :up:

As long as it's well made and well written, I would absolutely be game for a new Batman show, possibly instead of a new film series. That Daredevil idea is great too.

A Batman show I would only be interested in if it took place during his league of shadows years. Show us the rigorous training and mindset it takes to actually be the batman. Develop his relationship with Ra's al Ghul and other characters.

Maybe sometimes switch to Gotham. Maybe have a journalist investigate the disappearance of Bruce Wayne or something. Have cameos, I dunno, just don't have it be a 'Batman' batman show.

Not unless you can match or top Batman Begins in both look and feel.

I know it sounds kinda Arrow-y with the back and forth. But in this show 75/85% would take place where Bruce is training and learning. And only a small portion would take place in Gotham.

You could even have Bruce traveling the globe and acting as sort of a proxy batman during his training. Maybe even head to Gotham in disguise once in a while. Yeah yeah I know, another origin story !

And Daredevil could be a great show.

A Batman show I would only be interested in if it took place during his league of shadows years. Show us the rigorous training and mindset it takes to actually be the batman. Develop his relationship with Ra's al Ghul and other characters.

Maybe sometimes switch to Gotham. Maybe have a journalist investigate the disappearance of Bruce Wayne or something. Have cameos, I dunno, just don't have it be a 'Batman' batman show.

Not unless you can match or top Batman Begins in both look and feel.

I know it sounds kinda Arrow-y with the back and forth. But in this show 75/85% would take place where Bruce is training and learning. And only a small portion would take place in Gotham.

You could even have Bruce traveling the globe and acting as sort of a proxy batman during his training. Maybe even head to Gotham in disguise once in a while. Yeah yeah I know, another origin story !

And Daredevil could be a great show.

Sorry, but I thought that was the most boring and cliche part of Batman Begins.

Just start it out like Batman '89. Batman working the streets, fighting criminals whilst all this corruption goes on. Then slowly work your way up to the major villains, using their best stories in the comics as a basis.

they should make one and put it on AMC.

Last edited:
Definately a tv show. On HBO or Showtime so you can have violence.
No more than 13 episode seasons with one story arc for each season (like Dexter).
Minor villains can appear and each season would have an uber villain. The Joker can also appear throughout the series.
And yes, "kung Fu" like flashbacks of his days travelling and training with ras

There have been so many threads for this, Batman's definitelly a character that would work very well on tv. As i said in other threads the show could be episodic with season arcs. The first episode could even be a modern retelling of Detective comics 27 and have show only watchers only know Batman is Bruce Wayne by the end of the first episode.

I would also quite be happy with Gotham Central.

Same here, the comic has it to where you don't really need Batman until a major plot point shows up. The show also wont necessarily need a big budget since it's a cop show set in Gotham.

Yes. A high budgeted Batman television show is a far better live action medium to explore Batman's numerous characters and world than film. If the world was fair we would be getting that instead of a movie every sew years.

Definately a tv show. On HBO or Showtime so you can have violence.
No more than 13 episode seasons with one story arc for each season (like Dexter).
Minor villains can appear and each season would have an uber villain. The Joker can also appear throughout the series.
And yes, "kung Fu" like flashbacks of his days travelling and training with ras

You can have violence on AMC or FX.

I would love a Batman TV show. The tone and look should be something similar to what we've seen from the Arkham series. He should be an established Batman and sometime during the first season a flashback could be used to show his origin.

A good Batman program is impossible for network television: the budget would prevent it from lasting past a season (provided it even made it past the pilot stage.)

In the ideal world where money flows like absinthe, the show would be the perfect manifestation of Batman: instead of dividing a movie into sixteen parts, they could alternate between season long arcs and self enclosed episodes (I always wanted to see an adaptation of the Library of Doom and other stories that do not involve the Rogues' Gallery.) They could manipulate the influence of the different eras/art movements: one episode could highlight the Art Deco/Gothic element, another the sci-fi aspect of the 50's, another the CSI crime thriller, another the occult thriller (Gothic, The Mad Monk,) and so on and on.

But, that's in the Walgreens' perfect world. It is impossible for the current iteration of network television.

Which is why they should go with the Gotham Central idea, money wise they wont have to spend much but as long as they get great writers (probably some from shows like The Shield, the Wire, Breaking Bad ect) they can pull off damn good show.

A Batman series on HBO, Showtime, or AMC would be the greatest thing ever.

I'd love to see one, make it an hour long, kinda go 70/30 of it Batman solving/preventing a crime and Bruce Wayne playing up the Playboy persona...but no Rachel Dawes/love interest...keep him as a playboy. He can be young, but not too young, I'd kinda like to have him established but still new to Gotham.

Yes. A high budgeted Batman television show is a far better live ac......oh wait.

Even if we do not live the 60s and camp is almost completely out of the window i don't like Superheroes on the small screen because its 99% sure that it will fail and even if it doesnt (like Arrow) they will not do the character justice and i dont think TV has the power to maintain the character cinematically. A movie goes everywear, to every country so everyone can pay the ticket and watch it. A TV series isnt like that. My country didn't get Arrow or Birds of Prey.

Yes. A high budgeted Batman television show is a far better live action medium to explore Batman's numerous characters and world than film. If the world was fair we would be getting that instead of a movie every sew years.

Problem is I'm not sure if they would give it enough of a budget to look right. Can't look cheap or you end up with those cheesy looking fanmade short films that are all over the Internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"