• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sequels If I would've been in charge of the X-Men series, this would've been the rosters...

I hate the word Actress because its redundant... What do these people do, They act? so someone who acts is an Actor... why does it need to have a female express of Actress? you dont call them Plumbers then Plumbresses

I hate the word Actress because its redundant... What do these people do, They act? so someone who acts is an Actor... why does it need to have a female express of Actress? you dont call them Plumbers then Plumbresses

Well, a female seducer is a seductress. And I think they have more in common with actors and actresses than plumbers do. :oldrazz:

then again there's not a huge list of women plumbers to start with. you can attribute this to duke and dutchess and so on there's always an opposite except to the job you mentioned and a few other rare jobs.

Seducer and seductress is someone someone does as in an action...
acting is a job, and a job title should be unisexually refered to,

See thats the problem people dont realise this and this is why the english language is in such a mess, its not equel rights for women... Its a job title, actions can have a male or female sense, but when you come to job role it has to be unisexual - over the years jobs like post-man delievery-man was before equel rights but since then those titles have been unisexualised as Delievery Specilaist... which doesnt define sex orientation...

X-Men is a job title, created back in the 60s before womens rights, Stan lee wanted them to be called The Mutants but the studio rejected that designing the comics didnt want that.

If we were to re-name the x-men these days it would be something along the lines as X-Mutant or Xavier;s Mutant Task Force probably shortened to xmtf sound like computer coding lol

Seducer and seductress is someone someone does as in an action...
acting is a job, and a job title should be unisexually refered to,

See thats the problem people dont realise this and this is why the english language is in such a mess, its not equel rights for women... Its a job title, actions can have a male or female sense, but when you come to job role it has to be unisexual - over the years jobs like post-man delievery-man was before equel rights but since then those titles have been unisexualised as Delievery Specilaist... which doesnt define sex orientation...

Then, what do you make of headmaster/headmistress and businessman/businesswoman? The fact remains, certain words have male/female versions and it has nothing to do whether its actions, jobs, etc. but simple usage.

Firstly businessman and businesswoman is not a job, its a classification.... If you ask a businessman what he does there will be another title... For example, Credit Controller, Admin Clerk, Finance officer... non-gender percific title. but if you were refering to a paticular character trait especially in a movie script, instead of writing credit controller for example they would said Businessman if it was a man or Businesswoman...

Headmaster and Headmistress our job titles that came from the old days as i explained with the use of Actor and actress, these title were created when equel rights didnt exist. Eventually they will come up with a new title... probably Head Of School as aposed to Headmaster.

Firstly businessman and businesswoman is not a job, its a classification.... If you ask a businessman what he does there will be another title... For example, Credit Controller, Admin Clerk, Finance officer... non-gender percific title. but if you were refering to a paticular character trait especially in a movie script, instead of writing credit controller for example they would said Businessman if it was a man or Businesswoman...

Headmaster and Headmistress our job titles that came from the old days as i explained with the use of Actor and actress, these title were created when equel rights didnt exist. Eventually they will come up with a new title... probably Head Of School as aposed to Headmaster.

And this, therefore proves that gender neutral job titles are not a function of the English language but rather the product of the current social climate; i.e. it is politically motivated. Hence, the use of different titles to note male/female titles is not inherently wrong. And seeing as how actor/actress was developed long ago, commonly used and broadly accepted, I don't see any problem whatsoever with its use.

no i didnt say there was something majorly wrong with it, Im just stating that back in the day, They had Actors, and they deemed it necessary for female actors to becalled Actresses even thought there was no need for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"