• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Sci-Fi Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

Regardless of how this performs I say there's no chance they make 8 more of these. That just sounds like crazy talk from some executive who thinks any franchise can reach the number of movies Fast & Furious or the MCU have reached. I think realistically we'll probably get a trilogy and then probably a couple of years in between from when they try something again.
2 more after Kingdom. Then another trilogy in the mid 2030s to 2040s. I think it could be done if the next 5 films are spread out wisely in the next 20 to 30 years, but they are unlikely to reach movie #9 by 2034 (10 years from now).

Their plan would need a lot of time and patience to be executed. Planet of the Apes isn't the most appealing franchise. So they need to make sure every film doesn't suck and at the same time, they need to prevent audience fatigue and avoid pumping out too many sequels in such ashort period of time. 🐒

I guess the MCU has probably also planned 20 years ahead or whatever but who knows if the planet will still be here by then? :D

Regardless of how this performs I say there's no chance they make 8 more of these. That just sounds like crazy talk from some executive who thinks any franchise can reach the number of movies Fast & Furious or the MCU have reached. I think realistically we'll probably get a trilogy and then probably a couple of years in between from when they try something again.

I think people are misreporting what she said. She said she'd like 9 of these when RISE of the Planet of the Apes was first being conceived. We're on movie 4 now, so potentially 5 more with this specific story closing out at 6.

SILVER When you first came up with this idea, the Apes franchise way back, you saw nine movies. We thought, “This is crazy ambitious.” But here we are. We’re at four.

JAFFA I saw nine. I don’t know if we’ll make it to nine. I would love it. We’ve spoken to not just Wes and Josh and [producer] Joe Hartwick Jr., but to Steve Asbell and Scott Aversano at 20th about what these next movies can be.

JAFFA With Kingdom, we really feel like we’ve set the foundation for at least two more movies with these characters. But we’ll see. A lot of it depends on the audience’s reaction, too.

2027-2030-2033-2036-2039

With a three year gap for every movie, I think it could be done as long as box office numbers are healthy.

Also this made me realize, what if Apes 4 was released earlier. Apes 4 wouldn't have been released in 2020 because of covid. I think the numbers could have been worse if it was released in 2021 to 2023. I think aside from the story, they need to pick a good month for the next sequels.

I miss the days when making movies was about making good movies and not mapping out the next 2 decades of sequels and spin offs.
There's nothing wrong with mapping out sequels though, especially if part of their story telling goes beyond 1 film. If 9 films is part of their vision then so be it, I wish them luck. And so far, they've done well in making good movies so far...

From the first film (Rise), it was clear they intended it to be the start of many films to come - which was obviously inspired by the first five films. And now we are now in movie #4. Nothing wrong with planning ahead of time, especially they aren't even rushing a sequel, well as far as I know, right?

This isn't something that should have been just 1film, and desperately turned into a franchise with several movies.

I miss the days when making movies was about making good movies and not mapping out the next 2 decades of sequels and spin offs.
These all have been good movies and fairly standalone.

I rewatched the MarkW film and now onto the OG..Its fun to see how far we've come.

I'd say even the prosthetics in that film were amazing and just reminds me that "monster" makeup is becoming more and more of a lost art.

Last edited:
Re-watched the Caesar trilogy over the last week and man they still hold up damn well. Rise is the starter and while I like Dawn a lot, War just eclipses it almost every way for me. War is so under rated it's criminal.

Going to see the new movie tomorrow.

Enjoyed Kingdom a lot. Saw it in a quite packed cinema which surprised me. But really enjoyed the movie a lot. Noa and Mae were really good protagonists. Really hope we get more Raka as well.

I love how it paid homage to the previous trilogy, but then went on to do it's own thing at the same time. Really curious about that ending. Would love Ball to come back to do at least one more.

The CGI in these movies is phenomenal. But the story telling and characters are damn good too. 8/10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"