• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Maine middle school to offer birth control

Yes, I'm the one who's failed.

It wasn't an attempt to be clever, at all. If you go back and read moviefans posts, as B.H.! has said, and I mean actually read them, you'll get why I posted the Hitler picture. I mean, Jesus, it doesn't take a goddamn PH.D to get it.

Oh I get it! That's why I don't like it. You assume because I'm criticizing what was posted, that I don't understand it! That's pretty arrogant.

And you still have yet to answer my question, 'super science.' Why is it that anyone who disagrees with you is automatically labeled as a liberal?

Pretty simple. But it really depends on what the subject is.........
Because my views are traditional and conservative. Anything opposite of that is a liberal view.

Parental involvement = Conservative

No Parental involvement = Liberal

I know you guys are trying to change that to "progressive". LOL :woot: But it won't work.

I read that already and still the picture was posted in away comparing him to Hitler regardless of what BAH HUMBBUG! said below it.

...if he wasn't calling him a Nazi then why was it necessary to post a pitcure of Hitler? Don't say it was to prove some kind of point because there was no intention of proving any thing like that.

He could have just said "be careful what you follow so blindly." accompanied by an explanation rather than throwing out a Hitler reference and so on.

seriously, shut up.
you didn't read, at it's clearly shown in the post.
it's a post about blind faith.
you missed the logic and rather than accept it you keep saying he is comparing him to Hitler. again.
for your benefit.

"You know the other group of people that had a similar view of thinking....they believed in this guy pretty much the same way...."

insert picture of Hitler.

so, no.

Because my views are traditional and conservative. Anything opposite of that is a liberal view.

I know you guys are trying to change that to "progressive". LOL :woot: But it won't work.

:huh: really?
then, how come you and other "conservatives" are the ones pushing for government notification, more like, government imposed notification.
I mean, if you're so involved and such a good parent, how come your kids don't trust you?
how come you don't trust the job you did of raising your kids.
seems to me, you want the government to do your parenting for you.

what are you? some lazy beatnik?

:dry:

No, wait. It's just that...no, I can't do it.

:dry: Just :dry:

[/B]

Oh I get it! That's why I don't like it. You assume because I'm criticizing what was posted, that I don't understand it! That's pretty arrogant.

I'm pretty sure you don't get it, Nixon. That's why we're havin' this little back and forth. You seemed to have missed the point entirely.

So has anyone decided whether eleven-year-olds should or should not be having sex yet? Because that was the question I was really interested in.

So has anyone decided whether eleven-year-olds should or should not be having sex yet? Because that was the question I was really interested in.

:huh: what about 14 year olds?
I think they go to Middle School as well.

should they be having sex?
no of course not.
will availability of birth control pills turn a normal, well educated 11 year old into some sort of super-****?
nope.

:huh: what about 14 year olds?
I think they go to Middle School as well.

should they be having sex?
no of course not.
will availability of birth control pills turn a normal, well educated 11 year old into some sort of super-****?
nope.
Will the availability of birth control pills encourage an 11 year old of already dubious character into promiscuity... possibly.

Will the availability of birth control pills encourage an 11 year old of already dubious character into promiscuity... possibly.

but then, it's really not the birth control's fault is it?
this means that there is some fundamental flaw in the upbringing that makes this particular girl a mega-****.
you really think that she's not gonna **** if she doesn't have birth control?

but then, it's really not the birth control's fault is it?
this means that there is some fundamental flaw in the upbringing that makes this particular girl a mega-****.
you really think that she's not gonna **** if she doesn't have birth control?
I'm saying it could be the straw that broke the camel's back. It could be what gives her the final push. Julius Ceasar was stabbed more than 50 times, which one killed him?

I'm saying it could be the straw that broke the camel's back. It could be what gives her the final push. Julius Ceasar was stabbed more than 50 times, which one killed him?

:huh: I don't know.
but again, what I'm saying is that you need to involve yourself in your kids lives in order for them not to do super-stupid stuff ( because as a teenager is near impossible not to do stupid stuff) the fact that they can get the pill doesn't mean all well meaning kids will suddenly turn rotten.
I honestly say as a father I wouldn't have issue with this.

:huh: I don't know.
but again, what I'm saying is that you need to involve yourself in your kids lives in order for them not to do super-stupid stuff ( because as a teenager is near impossible not to do stupid stuff) the fact that they can get the pill doesn't mean all well meaning kids will suddenly turn rotten.
I honestly say as a father I wouldn't have issue with this.
FINALLY. You know Fish-Bulb I've been waiting for the day I can completely agree with a statement you make.

I agree, the responsibility must ultimately lie on the shoulders of the parents.

FINALLY. You know Fish-Bulb I've been waiting for the day I can completely agree with a statement you make.

I agree, the responsibility must ultimately lie on the shoulders of the parents.

So then what's your problem with what the school did?

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I would like to make following points.

1) I really do think the school will inevitably coerce a student into taking these products. Since it will benefit a provider at tax payers expense, it will be in someone's interest to push the products (whether the bureacrat or the product provider) as fast as possible at tax payer's expense. I know that's sad and sick, but that is reality. Secondly, if a public official approaches a kid who admits they are thinking about having sex, and takes no action, they are implicity endorsing what they are doing. I'm not suggesting they should be condemning the student, I'd rather they just stay out of the business altogether. Since the official is "desparate" to have a trusting relationship with the kid and not overstep their boundaries, the official is not going to make any real effort to discourage the child from having sex, they'll be more inclined to simply give them the products. This is how bureacracies work. ITs a standardized procedure indifferent to the kids involved. A new employee faced with a horny kid who doesn't want to get sued in a confrontation is going to quietly give the kid the product. It's in the official's interest when approached with the situation.

2) How would a school identify a problem student who didn't initiate approaching the school? If the school recognizes that a student is having sex without the student even admitting it, the kid has a HUGE problem already. I don't see how giving this problem student these products would help the situation. This would lead to school entanglement in the student's sex life. It would be better that the school sent home an informed notice to the parent of that student telling them that if they condone the student's lifestyle, they should recommend those products. It keeps the school out of it while being an informant. If the school could observe the behavior anyway, then the school has nothing to lose telling the parents. I'd rather they do that than approach the problem kid and just give him birth control products.

3) Now, what about if a student is considering requesting the product from the school? How would the student know to ask the school? The school would have to publicly and aggressively advertise the products to the impressionable students. Even to the kids who had no idea what was going on and never consider having sex. It would be a public acknowledgement tolerance of middle school kids having sex. That's not a position I want my government to take.

But what happens if the child brings the product home, and the parent's find it?

3)

apparently we view the school's role in this a bit differently. you almost sound paranoid that the school has some kind of secret agenda and are in cahoots with some pharmaceutical company to get these kids hooked on birth control, all while taking joy in hiding this from their parents. i don't see it that way at all. i've made my case and you've made yours, so i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

you're actually right, everyone is pretty much to the left of you, since your views skew farther to the right than strom thurmond, pat robertson and david duke, all rolled into one. though, i hesitate to label you a "traditional conservative" since you've got quite a bit more jesus juice coursing through your veins than the average conservative does. besides, the conservative movement had less to do with having a monopoly on religious faith over those godless liberal heathens back in the early days of this country than it does today, so that's not a very accurate claim you're making about yourself, dude.

you know why you're seeing liberals distance themselves from the term "liberal"? because the right wing has done a really good job of demonizing that word. anytime you hear it on tv or in the media, it's being used by a conservative as a sort of backhanded catchall to describe someone or something they don't like. it's been a well executed and consistent tool for the right-wing smear machine for the better part of a decade now. so, cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"