• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

DC Films Static Shock movie in development

I would look at the director of Lovecraft country too for this.

I saw this was on HBO Max a few weeks ago and watched the series. I can definitely see this being a cool movie. Especially with MBJ involved, he seems to have a good bit of comic book knowledge and seems like he would respect the source material.

With that said, I've never read any Static comics, is the show vastly different from the comics? You can't really buy any Static Shock comics for a decent price right now.

The comics are quite a bit more mature but the creators of the comic also created the show, so both are perfectly valid. I enjoy the show more than the comics, but I haven’t read much.

The comics are quite a bit more mature but the creators of the comic also created the show, so both are perfectly valid. I enjoy the show more than the comics, but I haven’t read much.

I actually just read the first six issues of ICON. I know he has quite a bit of similarities to Superman, but a movie or even mini series about him could be interesting. I'm gonna read some of the older Static comics they have on the DC app. They have a few. I was enjoying the Icon ones but they have just those 6 issues. I know they are kinda rebooting this Milestone Universe in comics, I read the preview and wasn't crazy about the writing in all honesty. I'll read a few of the issues when they come out but so far, not too crazy about it.

I really hope WB does not make "Static" an HBO Max exclusive. If the movie enters production and pleases studio execs during post, it should get a prime date and hit theaters first.

It would be a big disservice to fans growing up on the show like myself.

I really hope WB does not make "Static" an HBO Max exclusive. If the movie enters production and pleases studio execs during post, it should get a prime date and hit theaters first.

It would be a big disservice to fans growing up on the show like myself.

Same here! And I think that both Static and Blue Beetle will end up being theatrical. It’d be a PR nightmare for WB to release their first Black and Latino led superhero films on streaming. I mean Zatanna is theatrical so I feel like Static and Blue Beetle will be too

Happy 60th birthday to the Static’s co-creator Dwayne Mcduffie. You’re dearly missed, both those who know you through your work and by those who knew you personally. Even though you’ve left this mortal coil, your work still remains and stays with us impacting those of us blessed to have experienced it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"