• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Justice League Superman needs to have a near death experience in Justice League movie

sethypants

Sidekick
Reaction score
Superman's death means a hell lots to many. Look at how well death of superman sold.
Justice League: New Frontier, Superman: Doomsday, Superman vs the Elite, All Star Superman and etc
He is the symbol of hope, should Superman dies, all else fails. I think if they would approach the movie in that way, it would be the best movie of all time.

I think Superman stories that show he is willing and ready to give up his life to save the world are very powerful.

It could be a great element of a JL story, but I don't think it's essential.

No... Not like that... Not falling back to earth, arms stretched out like Jesus on the crucifix please!

Much more like Superman vs The Elite thankyou :p

Yeah, not really like Superman Returns. I felt that it wasn't done dramatic and heartfelt enough, when I watched Superman Returns, I just knew he was gonna come back to life, in the next minute.
I would say its not essential, but it could work out to be a great plot line.

Everyone wants to kill Superman. I think Superman's death is a very powerful theme, after all Superman embodies hope, good, and kindness. If he dies, somehow we could lose all of that. Nevertheless, it has been done to death. We saw it on the comics, we saw it on Superman: Doomsday, we saw it in Superman Returns, we saw it in Grant Morrison's All-Star Superman, comics and the movie adaptation (beautifully done I might add), and we saw it on the Justice League cartoon.

I just say let the concept rest for a while, and focus on the other things that make Superman great. Themes like hope, optimism, and kindness can work great for Superman, even in a Justice League film.

You have to present Superman as THE ULTIMATE before you break him. It would give event more impact if the audience couldn't see it coming. It would be the shock of breaking the unbreakable. The scene would have to be done with out kryptonite. (Magical enemies anyone)

I feel like DC would pull a Transformers 2 with his death though... make it all dramatic then just bring him back and make all of it seem useless. If they were to kill Superman, I would want it to maybe happen in the sequel (or third film if it goes that far) and let him stay dead. That would only drive the impact home.

Everyone wants to kill Superman. I think Superman's death is a very powerful theme, after all Superman embodies hope, good, and kindness. If he dies, somehow we could lose all of that. Nevertheless, it has been done to death. We saw it on the comics, we saw it on Superman: Doomsday, we saw it in Superman Returns, we saw it in Grant Morrison's All-Star Superman, comics and the movie adaptation (beautifully done I might add), and we saw it on the Justice League cartoon.

I just say let the concept rest for a while, and focus on the other things that make Superman great. Themes like hope, optimism, and kindness can work great for Superman, even in a Justice League film.

Agreed. Let Superman Live(s), please!

He doesn't need to die, but he needs to get roughed up without kryptonite. What ever enemy he faces, he needs to get a serious ass kicking and then prevail. They need to show that Superman needs help, because the biggest problem people have with Justice League is why Superman would need help from any of the others since he's pretty much invincible.

These days, he's no more invincible than any of the Avengers' heavy hitters.

^ He is no more invincible than any of Avengers' heavy hitters but he is still the symbol of hope.

Like if the enemy was The Legion of Doom. All of them should gang up on Superman. When he's injured quite badly, the rest of the Justice League come and have a massive fight scene!

Something really cool would be if it's Aquaman who saves Superman's life, and then he beats up the bad guy who needed kryptonite to fight Supes (maybe Metallo).
But it won't happen, nor would it be Flash or Lantern... not even Wondy.

Warner Brothers will have Batman for this, because he's been really successful the last years, and because he's the only one without superpowers and it will prove that even a regurlar human can be a hero. And finally, WB will have Batman as the one who saves Superman, because..... he's BATMAN!!!

I want Batman to save Superman. Have Batman and Superman not getting along because Batman doesn't trust superman and his powers and then once superman proves he is only out for good Batman saves him. And yes it is because he's batman.

Not only do I think a modern version of JL:New Frontier should be the template for a live action movie, but the part when Superman is believed to be killed by the Centre is such a touching moment. It sets up the other heroes(Flash, GL, and Jon'zz) to shine as well as setting up a reaaly nice Aquaman cameo.

A big problem with a JL film is that most of the general public think 'Couldn't Superman handle this himself?' The Centre answers that question perfectly.

It was always my belief that Justice League should act as the third film in the Superman series. In the second film's third act, introduce Darkseid and the invasion of Apokolips. Have Darkseid "kill" Superman to end the film.

Having already established Flash, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern in their own films, Justice League would open with these separate heroes attempting to deal (Batman included) with the invasion in the absence of the Man of Steel, unsuccessfully. They will see that in order to even hold a candle to what Superman could have done to eliminate this threat, they will have to work together....

There needs to be a reason for these heroes to all come together. And the apparent death if the world's greatest hero seems like a great one. Killing Sulerman also validates the threat and villain and stacks the odds against the team from the get-go. It's also interesting to see who would take leadership positions with the void of Supes. It'd be interesting to see how each hero reacts to Superman's death. And in a realistic world WITH Superman, there's very little reason for a Justice League -- Superman is essentially a one-man team. If you kill him, or present a threat that CAN kill him, you NEED a Justice League.

Half way through the film, Superman makes his triumphant return, ready to lead the newly formed Justice League against Darkseid and his forces.

In an ideal world, this is how they would have handled the franchise. Meaning, at least two Superman films, one Flash, one Wonder Woman, and keep the Ryan Reynolds Lantern aboard.
Putting the team film somewhere around 2018-19. And done right.

-R

Last edited:
I want Batman to save Superman. Have Batman and Superman not getting along because Batman doesn't trust superman and his powers and then once superman proves he is only out for good Batman saves him. And yes it is because he's batman.
This will most likely happen. I'd also like a scene where it looks like Superman can't make a save in time and the Flash comes to the rescue.

This will most likely happen. I'd also like a scene where it looks like Superman can't make a save in time and the Flash comes to the rescue.

Yes!!!! yes!!! i'd love a scene where Barry A rushes in, savesw the day, supes and the civilian look bemused and shocked, Supes asks him who he is, he looks as if to answer, then is gone. Then we see Supes catch up with him, he tries to talk to Barry, but due to physics of the speed it comes out muffled - that be awesome.

A justice league film should start in metropolis - lex luthor holds a press meeting - in this universe, the events of MOS have been in the past 4 months. Green latern events have just happened, but poorly covered up - it's all on youtube to see etc, also, a batman has been terrorising Gotham for past 3 years - Luthor uses these incidents as examples of space aliens and vigilante's - how they need to register and name these ''criminals'' form a justice league, a list of who these people are, to bring justice to them. Should they be disected like frogs as they are alien in nature, or tried like a common criminal - Bats.

This is a topic steeped in controversy, as the public are basically behind these people, but a few are wary!! Youtube and eye witness statements of the heroic deeds.

Luthor introduces a new form of drone, to protect the city - not these people.

Something appears in the sky, The electric grid crashes, like an EMP blasts major cities, drones dont work - everything is down, who do they call upon, all they can use is the list, the so called 'justice league'

Superman will have to pull as many people together to get them to want to help nations that no longer care.

The most important thing will be making the villain someone who Superman needs help fighting. This doesn't even have to line up with the comics. It doesn't have to be Darkseid or Doomsday. You can take any villain and power them up to fit the film.

It would be death to creativity if Batman is the one who saves Superman. Everybody expect that to happen, but it's the same old boring idea all over again.
Why can't we be surprised with the choice of rescuer? We need something new.

It would be death to creativity if Batman is the one who saves Superman. Everybody expect that to happen, but it's the same old boring idea all over again.
Why can't we be surprised with the choice of rescuer? We need something new.
I think Wonder Woman possibly even Aquaman (preferably introduced in the sequel) would be the best fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"