• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your top 10 games this gen (Part 2!)

Electro UK

Can't all be for nothing
Reaction score
Earlier this year, I made this thread... http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=304233 and I made what I considered to be a respectable list. But 5 months on, and we've seen even more of what the best of gaming has to offer these days, so I figured with this years most highly anticipated games now out, it was time to see how the lists had changed.

10. Little Big Planet - I never felt the full force of the hype behind this game that others did, and while I still think my opinion on it was justified, it's hard to deny the great amount of fun you can have when you sit down with this title, especially with a few friends. Don't take any of it too seriously, and you'll laugh like a kid as you swing from spounges and leap over crazy little spike dudes. It needs a little more time to get the full breadth of user generated content, but what is here now is more fun to be had than a lot of games out there.

9. BioShock - I loved a lot of things about this game. I was never as engrossed as I was told I was going to be, but aspects like the olden style weaponry, and the incredible atmosphere still make it a game to be recognized. Its kinda easy, and it loses its momentum towards the end, but you can't find much more of a unique game within a specific genre.

8. Ninja Gaiden: Sigma - I haven't completed this game yet, in fact I technacally I haven't even started it. It had to restart to upgrade better weapons, then my PS3 broke and I haven't tried again since then, but lord is it fantastic. Its quick, slick, and silky smooth, definately more fun than 99% of the other 3rd person action games out there. One day, I will finish this.

7. Rock Band - The old list has Guitar Hero 3 in it... this one doesn't. Rock Band is why. Finally a game where me and my friends can just click, all banding together and working to have some good ol' fun. Plus Oasis songs, make it AAA.

6. Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction and Quest for Booty - Still as much fun to play as it was half a year ago, the expansion brought the 4 hours of joy to my life that I'd been begging 4 since Tools of Destruction's heart breaking cliffhanger. Its simple pick up and play awesomeness, and definately deserves regocnition over the Resistance franchise, even though that's also awesome. I heart Insominac!

5. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - Appreciaion of this game has just risen in the half year gap. Its so damn easy to play and doesn't get any less enjoyable each of the 7 or so times I played it through. It might be just a 3rd person shooter, but its a perfect one.

4. MotorStorm: Pacific Rift - I bought the game yesterday, but we all know its better than MotorStorm, and than hit 2 last time. Finally, split-screen to rub into my friend's faces, double the tracks, double the colour, its the perfect sequal to an already great game. The best racer out there in my opinion.

3. Dead Space - Jesus, I was anticipating this game when no one else even knew it existed, but holy crap how AWESOME is it? It is better than Resident Evil 4, and it is a serious contender with Resident Evil 5 if you ask me. It hits the scare factor perfectly while keeping the action hot with the awesome weapons and different enemy types. Worthy of Game of the Year in my opinion, it shows that a game doesn't necesserily need to have innovation to be amazing, but rather a LOT of love and polish. Deserves every high score it got.

2. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - The almight CoD4, pushed from the 1 spot at last. Everyone raves about the online, but the single player experience will stay with me forever. Ducking through irradiated fields, fighting through the thunder and lightning, speeding down highways, dodging RPGs, it really is the FPS that has it all, and has it all perfectly. Its simply the most incredible single player experience out there, bar one...

1. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Okay, if you don't know that I'm not a HUGE Metal Gear fan, then you don't really know me. I still like MGS3 more, but this game stands as the best the PS3 has to offer. Incredible visuals, vast flexibility, stunning presentation, and its crowning achievement, an ending so satisfying that I don't even want a new Metal Gear. Its short, yeah really short. But I've played it through 9 times now, each time finding new things to do, I've got the Big Boss emblem, and just about everything else there is to get. You simply can't find a more loved, and polished game out there.

So there we go... again. I wonder how the list is gonna look this time next year with Resident Evil 5, inFamous, Gran Turismo 5, and so much more coming out.

10.Hitman: Blood Money
I know this isnt a true next gen game, but none of my top 10 lists would be complete without a Hitman title. Iv played through this game countless times and i love it every time.

9.Assassins Creed
Ya either love or hate this title, i love it. I'm a big fan of the crusade time period and i love, love the free running in this game. I also feel the swordfighting and combat is some of the best combat in any game, past or present.

8.Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway
I'm a die hard fan of HBO's Band of Brothers and this game is the closest next gen experience to it. I would put this title under the first two BiA games, but i still really enjoyed this game

7.GTA IV
This is the best example of how to do a free roaming, truly realized world. had a fun story and fun multiplayer.

6.Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
IMO, this is one of the best stories told in the Star Wars universe. It wasn't the most well put together game this gen, but i had a GREAT time playing through this title.

5.Fable 2
I enjoyed the orig Fable and i feel Fable 2 is better in every way. The world of Albion feels like its been ripped straight from the pages of a fairy tale and is just a really charming world to inhabit.

4.Gears of War 2
Like Fable, i feel Gears 2 tops the orig Gears in EVERY possible way. Looks better, plays better, sounds better and has a better story. I also think Horde Mode is one of the most fun MP modes in any game. Great fun with you and 4 other buddies.

3.Call of Duty 4
The. Best. MP. This. Gen. Period. One of the best looking titles this generation and just a really fun online experience. I love the modern setting.

2.Metal Gear Solid 4
IMO, this is the best game ever crafted. Its so beautifully written and directed that its easy to forget that this is a game. Amazing sound, breathtaking visuals and a story that'll leave you in tears.

1.Uncharted Drakes Fortune
Its funny, i consider myself more of an Xbox fan, yet my two favorite titles sit next to my PS3. I say i bought my PS3 for MGS4, but honestly, it was Uncharted. I think this type a game is too far few in between. We need more third person action adventure games that take ideas from stories like James Bond and Indiana Jones. I thought the voice acting in this game is some of the best voice acting iv heard in a game. This franchise has quickly become my favorite franchise this gen.

10. Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
9. Resistance 1 and 2
8. Metal Gear Solid 4
7. Bioshock
6. Bully
5. MLB 08: The Show
4. Call of Duty 4
3. GTA 4
2. Fallout 3
1. The Orange Box

10. Heavenly Sword-Good God of War type of game
8.Bioshock-Very Creepy in a good kind of way
8.Call of Duty 4-The Best Realistic FPS
7.GTA IV-I love Free Roam
6.Fallout 3-Gameplay is amazing
5. Killzone 2-These Graphics look good
4.Gears of War-Has One Hell of a Story!!
3. Resistance-60 player Online I Am There!!!
2.Halo 3-FINISH THE FIGHT!!!!
1. Metal Gear Solid 4-The Best Graphics i have seen in a game and in the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"