‘Fresh Prince’ theme leads to school lockdown

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by Darthphere, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

2. CastlesInTheAir Registered

Probably thought he said "Shooting some people outside of school" or something. But seriously, who DOESN'T know the Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme... that should be a job requirement for every job.

3. ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

An understandable, though funny, mistake if you somehow weren't familiar with the song.

4. Duran Man The Seventh Stranger

5. James Built from Lego

Best to air on the side of caution. If the receptionist was unfamiliar with the song it's easy to see how she could have misheard it, as CastlesInTheAir said. Could just as easily have been some psycho's self-made rap detailing his plans to murder people.

6. DarkSovereignty Ooga Chakka

I bet she felt stupid as hell.

7. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

No one thought to call the phone again?

8. Ultimatehero Life is infinite

My question is - she didn't hear b-ball?! Guys have called basketball that since the 90s and beyond.

9. James Built from Lego

"b-ball" could sound an awful lot like "people", especially if you don't know the song.

10. Gotham Knight Watchful Protector

Honestly, this story makes no sense.

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air's theme song goes on long after the words "shooting peop--er, b-all outside of the school." And it begins awhile before that too. Something doesn't add up. And the idea that she wouldn't call back? I don't know, it's just weird.

The only logical explanation is that the phone she called set the ringtone up to only play "shooting b-ball outside of the school" repeatedly, but who would do that unless they were trying to set up a prank? And she didn't hear the music playing along with the lyrics and put two and two together? And--yeah, I'm getting too deep into this. But really, there's no logical explanation for this. Sounds like a prank or a complete lie and the receptionist was in on it.

11. James Built from Lego

I think you're underestimating how quickly people can turn to panic. Whether the receptionist's panic was rational or not is a matter of debate, but I'm not surprised she chose to take such an alarming course of action. When you consider how many school shooting incidents (and shooting incidents in general) have taken place in recent times it's understandable that some faculty would be more than a little on edge.

12. E-Man Cooler than your daddy.

**** yeah! Coming to save the muther ****ing day yeah!

13. Gotham Knight Watchful Protector

Upon reading the article Darth posted, it sounds like the receptionist called the kid's number and he had a custom made ringtone that he himself actually sung. So it wasn't the TV shows actual theme song, just the kid's out of tune(I'm assuming) voice.

Makes more sense now. I read another article on a different site and they actually managed to not make this clear. When Yahoo does a better job at reporting than you do, that's really sad.

14. James Built from Lego

HA! Yeah, Yahoo! News is pretty awful.