‘Gun enthusiasts’ threaten CEO after she develops weapon only owner can fire

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by :eek:, May 3, 2014.

1. MessiahDecoy123

MessiahDecoy123 Psychological Anarchist

No right wing nationalist militia groups are pretty much the same wherever you go. Anti-immigrant, anti-diversity, pro-white-supremacy, pro-fascism.

It doesn't a genius to figure out where things would go if those types "took their country back".

2. JJJ's Ulcer

JJJ's Ulcer Registered

So apparently is poor grammar and punctuation. :o

Sorry, I didn't realize my reply to you on the Internet was infringing on any constitutional rights.

I could barely contain my giggles reading this. I would hate to constantly live with the fear and paranoia that you apparently do. It's usually people with your extremely vigilant and neurotic mindset that end up as the killers we read about, rather than the victims.

Playing your game though, a gun-lock would prevent any assailant from taking the gun off a downed officer, thus preventing a violent maniac from becoming a violent maniac armed with a deadly weapon.

3. CyclopsWasRight

CyclopsWasRight Well, he was.

So stupid.

If a Gun is tied to a person then it prevents oh let's say deranged Teenage sons (or daughters) from using their parents guns to go on rampages.

It prevents a criminal from using a gun they may wrestle away from a homeowner

4. SV Fan

SV Fan Registered

Obama should just say he wants to outlaw smart guns, that way the NRA and it's fanatics will be all for them

5. KevanG

KevanG Pragmatic Villain

Thank you Charl. Thank was going to be my point in Gregs fear-mongering. The stats say there's approximately 300 million guns in civilian hands right now. Even if all those being sold were taken off the shelves and only the new ones were put on that still means 300 MILLION guns are in civilian hands. That's not going to stop anyone. Maybe in 50 years or more there will be a noticeable dent in that number but for the next few decades there's no chance that it's going to do anything.

Gotta love how a safety feature to make sure kids can't bring guns to school, which I'm sure you know is a very real and serious problem in the USA, is causing idiots to go bananas and threaten to murder people.

Here's something I posted in the stupid people thread when talking about people like this.

6. MessiahDecoy123

Look at the statistics under states in the last three columns.

The states with the highest percentage of gun owners have the lowest rate of homicides and gun-related homicides.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States_by_state

The District of Columbia has less than 4% gun ownership and 16.5 gun murders per 100,000 inhabitants.

Most states with over 50% gun ownership have less than 3 gun murders per 100,000 inhabitants.

You have to ask why before you say gun ownership is the problem.

#56 MessiahDecoy123, May 4, 2014
    Last edited: May 4, 2014
  7. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

So... The Gun Rights people are right? Or... Those states general population are not taken into account?

8. DeadPresident

DeadPresident Registered

300 million guns? Holy ****.

9. MessiahDecoy123

Yes the general population of those states are taken into account.

I think we should require background checks but taking away all the guns from law abiding citizens isn't the answer. Criminals will continue to find guns in the black market.

10. Marvolo

Marvolo Registered

Do you want to know why it will never come down to that? Money. Our government functions by money and lives to make money. The lobbyists who fund the government do so by the graces of the free market. Capitalism and the free market won't function in a police state so as long as Washington is Washington and run by money and lobbyists there won't be a police state. You've seen what communist Russia and China are like. Do you honestly think some politician is foolish enough to trade the money and power the free market gives them for some police state and a broke economy and an international community sanctioning them and bearing down on them? The answer is no. It's highly unlikely. So unlikely in fact that you are more likely to be eaten by a shark whilst dying in a terrorist attack.

11. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs

DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs Registered

I have yet to see anyone mention the USA should take away everyone's guns. I agree about background checks but we need to go one further and outlaw the shady deals that go down at gun fairs, that is the real problem

12. MessiahDecoy123

A police state can exist in a capitalist society.

The only difference is the police tightly control society under plutocrats instead of under an autocrat.

Kind of like China today which is highly capitalist.

13. the_ultimate_evil

the_ultimate_evil CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Could this work for cops, it reminds me of something outta judge dredd. Only a judge can hold the lawgiver

14. Thundercrack85

Thundercrack85 Registered

Hell look at Russia. It's capitalism in its purest form. A bunch of rich tycoons control everything. There isn't even a Communist front.

15. Feenix

Feenix Registered

You're just talking about murder. The states with the highest rate of gun ownership also have the highest rate of accidental gun deaths.

16. Marvolo

Marvolo Registered

Russia is hardly a shining example of success. And it's people are at this point used to a certain level of authoritarian control. Our society isn't so the government would need to utterly break us to get us to submit and that would not leave us in a state conducive for success of the free market. No politician is that ignorant. No if a police state was to happen it would require an outsider to take out all of the current crop in Washington or enough to get the rest to submit, but even then following said coup the new leader would have to completely subjugate the populace so it still wouldn't work well. And the international community and world economy would suffer greatly from such a massive shift leaving the new leader in an awful situation. No matter how you spin it only a fool and a maniac would try turning the US into a police state and a fool or maniac wouldn't be able to bring the resources together to even accomplish something of that nature. Climate change will get us before a police state or dictator does.

17. MessiahDecoy123

Only 3% of gun deaths are accidental.

Gun control policy is mostly based on homicides which impact far more people.

18. charl_huntress

charl_huntress Registered

You and Kevan are the only ones speaking sense in this thread.

19. Marvolo

Marvolo Registered

I'm beginning to think the number one group who needs their guns taken away is the police in this country. And I only say that half joking. The number of people being murdered by cops has reached the level of ridiculousness. At least, until they can be taught that a badge doesn't make them judge, jury, and executioner or until we can weed out the ones who have action movie complexes.

20. MessiahDecoy123

Look at how quickly Boston resorted to martial law after the bombing.

I have no doubt of the Oklahoma bombing happened today in a few cities the whole country would be put onto lock down.

Constitutional rights of every American citizen would be completely ignored until the domestic terrorism was completely neutralized and that could take longer than the current War on Terror. The changes made in the name of security could even be permanent if the death toll was high enough from the terror attack.

21. Feenix

Feenix Registered

Do you honestly think that more guns equals more safety?

22. Feenix

Feenix Registered

Gun nuts always ignore stats like the ones you posted. Extensive background checks and psych evaluations should be mandatory before you can purchase a gun.

23. Marvolo

Marvolo Registered

Not likely. I could see the local police force losing their **** in the event of a major event but the federal government is not going to enact martial law except maybe following a nuclear attack but I kind of even doubt that. It'd destroy the political careers of anyone enacting it.

And for the record, Boston was not under martial law. A manhunt for bombers known to be in the area isn't martial law. Martial law is when you break curfew and get a bullet in the back of the head.

24. MessiahDecoy123

I think high gun ownership is necessarily the cause of violence.

There has to be other factors, possibly socio-economic or cultural.

Why else would states with the highest gun ownership have moderate to low homicide rates?

and if you try to ban guns nationally you're going to end up starting a civil war. Plenty of people are going to refuse to hand over their weapons. It's just not feasible to confiscate 300 million guns from people skeptical of absolute government power.

25. Feenix

Feenix Registered

No, but they should be required to submit to psychological evaluations and proper background checks as well as firearm safety courses. There should be limitations.