‘Nancy Drew And The Hidden Staircase’

James.B

In search of the absurd
Reaction score
‘It’ Star Sophia Lillis To Topline Warner Bros’ ‘Nancy Drew And The Hidden Staircase’

Sophia Lillis, last seen as Beverly Marsh in Warner Bros’ blockbuster picture, It, has been tapped as the title character in the studios’ Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase film adaptation, based on the popular Nancy Drew books. Ellen DeGeneres, Jeff Kleeman, and Chip Diggins are on board to produce the project, which is expected to begin filming soon.

The Hidden Staircase, initially released in 1930 as the second volume in the Nancy Drew series, was written by Mildred Wirt Benson though it was published under the pseudonym Carolyn Keene. WB made a film adaptation of this book in 1939 directed by William Clemens and starring Bonita Granville, who had toplined the previous Nancy Drew films.

KIYzS3i.jpg

http://deadline.com/2018/04/it-sophia-lillis-warner-bros-nancy-drew-and-the-hidden-staircase-1202372950/

Maybe they'll do the Hardy Boys at some point, too...

Anybody else remember the late 1970s Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew TV series?

[YT]oJzYiob_HK0[/YT]

They were trying to do Hardy Boys with Stiller and Cruise as the grown up versions which I would've loved to see.

Caught this earlier today and I thought it was a decent one time watch.

This movie was basically as cliche (read twee) as it can get with a millennial take on Nancy Drew with a great lead performance from Sophia Lillis. Like seriously, there is really not much to talk about here other than Sophia's acting which elevated the material. She is really proving herself as a very good actress at such a young age.

BTDubz, I was actually surprised that this was already out on VOD. I mean dafuq 0_o

I read that this was an AMC exclusive release across select theaters in North America. I checked to see if there were any receipts and I found nothing. So WB didn't even report the gross. Very weird since it looks like a last minute change of distribution plans from WB.

I can see why tho because the movie has the look and feel of a tv pilot.

I guess WB sees this a potential franchise for the upcoming WarnerMedia streaming service which is definitely the better option.

Kind of odd how they just dumped this. But I see there’s also a TV series in the works at the CW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"