‘Star Wars’ Spoof ‘Star Worlds’ in the Works

DaddlerTheDalek

Starship Captain
Reaction score
A spoof of the Star Wars franchise is in development with Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, whose credits include the Scary Movie franchise, “Epic Movie” and “Vampires Suck.”
The duo will write and direct the project, titled “Star Worlds Episode XXXIVE=MC2: The Force Awakens The Last Jedi Who Went Rogue.” Covert Media’s CEO Paul Hanson (“District 9”) is producing the film alongside Broken Road Productions’ Todd Garner (“True Memoirs of an International Assassin”).

Source

I love Spaceballs & Galaxy Quest, but I'm sceptical.

Is there still a market for spoofs? I thought the last batch of them all bombed horribly.

Source

No need to be skeptical. You can bet money that this will be downright awful because it's from the guys who did Epic Movie and Meet the Spartans. How do those a-holes still have jobs? I thought people stopped going to these s***ty "parody" movies years ago.

You know this will be terrible, and probably disgusting.
Some of the stuff might get me to laugh.

How do these idiots still get to keep making the same ****** movies?

I want whoever green-lit this to be fired and then blacklisted from Hollywood forever. We were THIS close to these asshats falling off the face of the earth for good.

No need to be skeptical. You can bet money that this will be downright awful because it's from the guys who did Epic Movie and Meet the Spartans. How do those a-holes still have jobs? I thought people stopped going to these s***ty "parody" movies years ago.

I agree. I just wanted to be as neutral as possible for my opening post.

Forgive me as I do this: :whatever:

It's easy to see why this was green lit. These guys make movies that gross about 85 million dollars on a 20 million dollar budget. Make 'em cheap, pocket a small profit. The last spoof movie they did tanked HARD, but the producers are probably betting on Star Wars being the deciding factor here.

Source

Galaxy Quest was a decent movie in its own right despite being a spoof to ST, it was certainly not like some other spoof movies that exist like for example, Scary movies.

It's easy to see why this was green lit. These guys make movies that gross about 85 million dollars on a 20 million dollar budget. Make 'em cheap, pocket a small profit. The last spoof movie they did tanked HARD, but the producers are probably betting on Star Wars being the deciding factor here.

Their movies are probably priced at 5-8 million. Anything beyond that would be absurd.

I hope this doesn't even get a theatrical release.

Redbox exclusive baby!

barney_stinson_-_thumbs_up_gif.gif

The Collider Movie Talk Guys talked about this:

- Jon Campea is tired of these guys making these crappy movies. Says that those two have ruined spoof movies.
- Kristian Harloff says that a spoof movie of Star Wars would not be something he would oppose, if done right. Says Lego Star Wars could be an example of that. Also says that this spoof could draw the wrath of Star Wars Fans.
- John Schnepp says nobody will watch this movie.
- Jeremy Jahns thanks the filmmakers for already giving him one of the worst movies of the year for whenever year this movie gets released.

The Collider Movie Talk Guys talked about this:

- Jon Campea is tired of these guys making these crappy movies. Says that those two have ruined spoof movies.
- Kristian Harloff says that a spoof movie of Star Wars would not be something he would oppose, if done right. Says Lego Star Wars could be an example of that. Also says that this spoof could draw the wrath of Star Wars Fans.
- John Schnepp says nobody will watch this movie.
- Jeremy Jahns thanks the filmmakers for already giving him one of the worst movies of the year for whenever year this movie gets released.

I saw this video. Campea was pissed!

I knew that Epic Movie and Meet the Spartans were bad, but I rented them anyway for my bad movie night get together.

Not only were they were not funny..but they were really boring. 90 minutes felt like 3 hours. And the saddest thing is that, comedy is truly an art form. In those two movies, they didn't even TRY. And that's upsetting because these fools got paid to do something that a bunch a teens with an iPhone could've done..but maybe even better.

Unfortunately the spoof movie is all but dead these days, mostly because all the modern ones did was try and jam in as many lame pop culture references as they could, which automatically dated the movies. Not only that they never seemed to take what they did seriously. What makes films like Naked Gun and Hot Shots great is that they are played seriously, that's where the humour comes from.

These films cater to the lowest of demographics as far as comedy is concerned. For the life of me, I don't know who finds them funny. I'd say young teenagers, but I almost feel like they deserve more credit than that. It's almost painful how unfunny these directors are.

But of course this movie will make five times its budget and these hacks will continue to get work.

I just want a film like this to have a scene where the ship suddenly shakes like they've been hit and when the captain asks what happened, someone tell him, "Cap'n, we've run aground!" The camera pull back to show the ship stuck on an asteroid/small planet.

I haven't seen a spoof movie since Not Another Teen Movie. That one was watchable at least, and Mia Kirshner was really hot, but I've never had the desire to see if these ones are as bad as they're made out to be.

Isn't Lego Batman itself a spoof movie?

Basically spoofs and parodies nowadays are pretty much done in the vein of Lego Batman, etc. Phil Lord and Chris Miller know how to make satire while at the same time respecting the material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"