Animation ‘Batman: Caped Crusader’: Animated Series From Bruce Timm, J.J. Abrams, Matt Reeves Greenlit

Discussion in 'DC Comics TV' started by Detective Conan, May 19, 2021.

1. Detective Conan Registered

‘Batman: Caped Crusader’: Animated Series From Bruce Timm, J.J. Abrams, Matt Reeves Greenlit At HBO Max & Cartoon Network – Deadline

Batman: Caped Crusader, an animated series from executive producers Bruce Timm, J.J Abrams, and Matt Reeves, received a straight to series order from HBO Max and Cartoon Network.

The reimagining of the Batman mythology is produced by Warner Bros. Animation, Bad Robot Productions and 6th & Idaho and marks Batman: The Animated series producer Timm’s return to Batman in animated episodic series. The Animated SEries. Tom Ascheim, President, Warner Bros. Global Kids, Young Adults and Classics (GKYAC) and Sam Register, President, Warner Bros. Animation (WBA) and Cartoon Network Studios (CNS), unveiled the series on Wednesday.

“It is always fun to feed the insatiable appetite fans have for all things Batman. Batman: Caped Crusader will entertain first time and die-hard fans alike and, with such an impressive creative team in place, we know we have another future Batman classic in the making,” Ascheim said.

Register added: “Batman: The Animated Series was a masterpiece that shaped the perception of the character for an entire generation of fans. It is in that spirit that we are bringing together three master storytellers in J.J., Matt and Bruce – each with their own intuitive understanding and affection for the character – to create a new series that will continue in the same groundbreaking legacy.”

Executive Producers Bruce Timm, J.J. Abrams and Matt Reeves said: “We are beyond excited to be working together to bring this character back, to tell engrossing new stories in Gotham City. The series will be thrilling, cinematic and evocative of Batman’s noir roots, while diving deeper into the psychology of these iconic characters. We cannot wait to share this new world.”

#1 Detective Conan, May 19, 2021
    Last edited: May 19, 2021
  2. Pennywise Registered

3. Gothamsknight A Dark Knight

I literally have no words. This is gonna be spectacular.

The Lazarus Pit and Spidey_62 like this.
  4. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

This is going to be cool

5. Boom I got nothin'

I want it tomorrow.

6. Scarlet Spider Registered

Wow.

Timm, Reeves and Abrams?! A dream team.

Very cool. :batty:

Broseph44 likes this.
  7. Kane52630 >>BATNIPPLES INTENSIFIES<<

8. Chip Chipperson the big guy

Broseph44 and Matt.S99 like this.
  9. Mani-Man I just found out about this (he/him)

Oh boy, that looks so cool already...cant wait to see how this develops.
    And people say that we are in sad times...**** off with that.

Reeves batman, Black Adam, shazam, batgirl, green lantern etc and now a freaking new Batman Animated Series...we are eating good my friends, we are eating good.

10. Chip Chipperson the big guy

This is what they do best, animation. Or at least what they used to do best. Hopefully with Abrams and Reeves attached, the budget for this will be similar to what BTAS got, or perhaps even higher. Quality animation, voice actors and please please please, use an orchestra. You can’t replace Shirley, but an orchestra based score is better than whatever we get these days.

Broseph44 and Matt.S99 like this.
  11. Ray of Hope Registered

This is going to be so good. I can never have enough of Noir Batman. The producer's lineup is insane.

12. souvlaki Registered

This is awesome news. I remember a few months back there were rumors that WB was planning on doing another season of Batman: TAS. Guessing this was what the rumors were about. I'm somehow more excited for this than I was at the prospect of there being more B: TAS. And if that still is representative of what the animation will look like, it's probably the best animated style for Batman since the original TAS run.

With Matt Reeves involved I wonder if this will take place in his universe or if it's going to be similar to TAS where you have a lot of loose superficial ties (Penguin's hands, Selina having blonde hair, occasional music cues, etc.) but otherwise is in it's own continuity.

The Lazarus Pit likes this.
  13. TheWiseGuy487 Feelin’ blue (???) (Undecided/still figuring out)

So, Bruce Timm going back to something that made him a household name, and J.J. Abrams and Matt Reeves going back to television. Full circle.

Sorry if I’m not jumping for joy, but I’d be more interested in Bruce Timm’s involvement if it wasn’t for his last few lackluster projects he’s worked on and his creepy fascination with his Bruce/Barbara fetish, and Paul Dini helping him out. Dini, I think, was really the one that brought the creative energy and executed Timm’s ideas to their best potential. Without him, I’m not as confident in this. Nowadays, Timm’s more miss than hit.

We’ll see how it goes. I want to see who is involved in writing and directing this thing first before I get super exited for this. Matt Reeves being involved is the only thing keeping me interested in this.

Sithborg likes this.
  14. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Time will tell if this will be a successful animated series or flatline like Beware The Batman.

The last good Batman series post Batman: The Animated Series is Batman: The brave and the Bold .

15. Chip Chipperson the big guy

God I hope they bring Dini back to write a few episodes

Rosco and The Caped Knight like this.
  16. Gothamsknight A Dark Knight

Reeves and Bruce Timm together is something I never could have imagine, and yet it's perfect. This is a new era for Batman, and it's clear WB is very confident in it.

J.Drangal likes this.
  17. Shinobi Shaw Hellfire Club's Black King

Get Paul Dini on the writing team and I’ll be more of a happy camper than I am already.

Rosco likes this.
  18. Kane52630 >>BATNIPPLES INTENSIFIES<<

Or the other guys like Michael Reaves, Eric Radomski, and Kevin Altieri.

19. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Let’s recap how many Batman animated cartoons their have been since the beginning of the characters debut. (Not counting Superfriends ,Justice League and Young Justice )

1.The Adventures Of Batman (1968)
    The New Adventures Of Batman (1977)
    3. Batman: The Animated Series (1992)
    4. The New Batman Adventures (1997)
    5. Batman Beyond (1999)
    6. The Batman (2005)
    7. Batman: The Brave And The Bold (2008)
    8. Beware The Batman (2013)
    9. Batman Unlimited (2015)
    10. Batman: Caped Crusader (2022)

The Dark Knight had a lengthy period in animation some highly successful and others not so much. That’s pretty impressive for DC’s number 2 hero behind Superman.

20. geetard Rebirth

But I want it yesterday.

21. Boom I got nothin'

I want my Batman Beyond continuation as well.

Chip Chipperson likes this.
  22. super85 Registered

Animation looks good. Too bad JJ Abrams is involved. I might give this a shot.

23. Chip Chipperson the big guy

JJ as a producer is not a bad thing at all. And this is his first venture into animation as far as I know.

24. super85 Registered

I dislike most things he has done. Not a big fan of Reeves either. I Love Bruce Timm as a artist/designer, but have not been impressed with anything he has done in years.

25. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

how many WW animated cartoons their have been since the beginning of the characters debut. (Not counting Superfriends ,Justice League and Young Justice )

[​IMG]