DC TV Series ‘Constantine’ Reboot In The Works At HBO Max From J.J. Abrams’

Detective Conan

Avenger
Reaction score
‘Constantine’ Reboot In The Works At HBO Max From J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot With Guy Bolton Set As Writer
J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot is developing a darker reboot of DC Comics’ Constantine for HBO Max with Guy Bolton set to write.

Deadline understands that Abrams’ production company Bad Robot is working with the WarnerMedia streamer on the reboot, which will see the character as a young Londoner.

We hear that Bolton has written the pilot script with plans to open a writers’ room in March.

The character is set to be cast as a diverse lead, a departure from the one played by Matt Ryan in the NBC series, which aired for one season between 2014 and 2015.

That series was developed by David Goyer and Daniel Cerone and similarly based on the DC Comics character John Constantine, a British exorcist and occult detective who hunts the supernatural.

Knowing that Bad Robot is aboard JLD too, I’m wondering if this might be part of an Avengers/Defenders build-up to that team. Like individual seasons for Constantine, Zatanna, Deadman, Etrigan, then the team-up. I’d be up for it.

I just hope they have the balls to call this Hellblazer.

Already starting off on the wrong foot not having Matt Ryan play Constantine

Most likely the principal characters on the show would get their own standalone series before joining forces in “Justice League Dark,” similar to the strategy the now defunct Marvel Television division did with its Netflix shows on “The Defenders.”
Can the people in charge of these shows be put in charge of the movies? They're actually capable of coming up with a plan

Rise of Skywalker was so bad I have zero faith in Abrams.

While Id prefer if Matt remained as the character, he's had a good, focused run as Constantine so as long as they get the right actor to take up this reboot, Im here for it.

Better play up the bi-ness though.

I really wanted Oliver Jackson Cohen, he is pitch perfect. Dan Stevens would have been a great choice as well. But either of those don't seem to be happening.

I'm iffy on Bad Robot, but glad to at least hear more news about this JL Dark corner of HBO Max.

I like the name. This is exciting. Watched JLD again last night, what a killer movie, one of the best of the DCAMU.

I’m hoping for Swamp Thing, John, Zatanna, Spectre, Etrigan and Deadman in this JLD pocket of the DCU

Considering this site had me thinking Salem’s Lot was going to star Jake Gyllenhaal and Christoph Waltz, I’ll take this with a grain of salt. But at least there’s movement.

WB CEO David Zaslav is reportedly growing frustrated with JJ Abrams’ inability to get any content produced for HBO. Bad Robot signed an exclusive deal with WarnerMedia in September 2019 and has produced almost zero content for them since then.

WB CEO David Zaslav is reportedly growing frustrated with JJ Abrams’ inability to get any content produced for HBO. Bad Robot signed an exclusive deal with WarnerMedia in September 2019 and has produced almost zero content for them since then.
Won’t be a loss if Abrams gets the boot

HBO Max's Constantine Reboot Show Script Reportedly Almost Finished

With Constantine reportedly targeting a fall production in the UK, the show is supposedly arriving in 2023. In a new report from The Hollywood Reporter, the trade is hearing that WB has "the bulk of the scripts" for the Constantine reboot. While it's unclear how many episodes Constantine season 1 will have, Bolton and the writer's room have seemingly gotten most of their scripts done. The report also confirms the studio has the pilot script for another Justice League Dark series that Abrams is executive producing: Madame X featuring Nimue Inwudu a.k.a. Madame Xanadu.

As much as I love Keanu, I'm not sure this is something I would have dropped the TV show for. The original movie was fine, but eh. I imagine they'll be giving this the Blumhouse horror, low budget treatment.

I’m kinda glad this show got canned. Have little to no faith in Abrams/Bad Robot and not having Matt Ryan reprise the role was a terrible idea

I am looking forward to the new Keanu movie though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"