‘Lord of the Rings’ Anime Movie in the Works From New Line, Warner Bros. Animation

Brian Cox, you say?

succession-logan.gif

I'm excited for this but I don't see the point in it being a theatrical release.

This is looking for an Oscar. Only reason you go theatrical beyond the sheer guts of testing the audience for something not targeted at families.

Bakshi's Lord of the Rings isn't all bad. I just want to know where Aragorn and Boromir's pants went. :o

Bakshi's Lord of the Rings isn't all bad. I just want to know where Aragorn and Boromir's pants went. :o
It's "maybe" okay for what it was?????

BUT, as someone who has read the book, probably over 100 times, and has read virtually everything ever published, at the very least, a couple of times (including the entire "The History of Middle-Earth" collection), my head spins when I see that.

My Tolkien collection is on my website if you want to check it out.

But in animated form? I'm not seeing it doing big numbers there.
Yeah, serious non-comedy 2D animation doesn’t do big numbers in the West. This ain’t Japan. This will almost surely bomb, but I’ll still see it since I like the people involved.

Glad to get more content but that animation looks a bit ****.

Typically no, adult animated big budget movies historically do not do well. Even the Dragon Ball movies are basically marketed to young males.

There might be some exceptions, but I can't think of any right now. Sausage Party was successful but that was a goofy CG R-rated comedy. Not a serious fantasy drama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"