“Emancipation” (Will Smith)

Eddie Murphy sold an all black cast in a sexy romantic comedy which became a big hit circa 1992. Can’t believe that didn’t spawn more at the time.

White critics assisted in tanking the perception of this movie when it was released. It's kind of disgusting. It was a hit but could have been even bigger.

Boomerang and its soundtrack are classics.

Well to a certain demographic.

Same thing with Asian movies too which was why Crazy Rich Asians was such a moment because it presented Asians in a different light.

Asian Americans. It tanked in China because they have their own movie industry there so it wasn't innovative to them.

Asian Americans. It tanked in China because they have their own movie industry there so it wasn't innovative to them.

Yes, you’re right. I meant Asian representation in Western movies.

Yes, you’re right. I meant Asian representation in Western movies.

I loved Crazy Rich Asians. I also loved Joy Luck Club. However, a lot of largely Asian based movies were from Hong Kong and all action movies with Jackie Chan, Jet Li and Chow Yun Fat. However, I do still like an action flick from Asia, not just in Hong Kong though. Joe Taslim, Iko Uwais and Tony Jaa prove that Asian Martial arts movies are not just "aging Hong Kong action star in his late 50's early 60's" and they are all over that area. Sure, there's also Donnie Yen and he's great.

Speaking of Asian martial arts movies, there's a Vietnamese one called Furie on Netflix.

QeIgoHx.jpg

Looks gorgeous. This is much more artistic than I thought it was going to be. Images, sound, narration.

So to play devils advocate am I racist if I don’t go and see the movie or am I racist because I went enjoyed it but I’m bigoted because people think I enjoyed it b cause of all the pain and suffering that the black endured??!!

I'm digging the very muted color palette this has. Visually, it looks more in common with The Birth of a Nation than 12 Years A Slave which, funnily enough, Smith presented as the Best Picture winner at the Oscars back in 2014.

Looks good and the trailer really hit me in a way most trailers havent this year.

This looks amazing, in terms of acting, direction, costumes, and cinematography.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"