DC Animation “My Adventures with Superman” in the works at Adult Swim & Max

It's early but so far I'm enjoying this season way more than the first season. Granted, it took sometime for me to get into the first season but they have already done a great job establishing this world.

Kara's introduction was pretty much perfect IMO.

Love her Android 18 look and her and Jimmy actually make a pretty cute little couple. That being said what I really loved about this episode was seeing her go all out on Clark towards the end.

She is definitely a badass and a force to be reckoned with especially with that Kryptonian Battle Suit.

That next episode is going to be super interesting.

Very interesting episode. Curious to see why she thinks Brainiac is her father. Seemingly some brainwashing involved, maybe with a dash of AI copy ala Jor-El?

Very interesting episode. Curious to see why she thinks Brainiac is her father. Seemingly some brainwashing involved, maybe with a dash of AI copy ala Jor-El?
Interesting, I was just assuming Brainiac created Cyborg Zor-El - who was a big villain for Kara (I think in Rebirth?) who also "preserved" aspects of Krypton - and was controlling her through him. But actually your version would explain the weird "brainwash" moments she was having so that's probably closer to what's going on.

For those of you that are more familiar with the comics than I am, does Superman normally struggle this much against most of his villains? Excluding Kara from the equation, I noticed as of late that this version of Superman barely manages to survive his encounters with the other villains.

For those of you that are more familiar with the comics than I am, does Superman normally struggle this much against most of his villains? Excluding Kara from the equation, I noticed as of late that this version of Superman barely manages to survive his encounters with the other villains.
Yes. If his fights were easy the comics would get boring real fast. The whole "Superman must be the strongest guy there is" notion has never made sense to me since there are plenty of characters in the DC Universe as strong or stronger that he encounters on a regular basis. Of course, his power levels fluctuate based on yellow sun levels, though. Sun-dipped Superman is something else entirely.

As an aside, this is also why I generally hate Kryptonite. It's an entirely unnecessary plot device.

S&L has my favorite portrayal of his power levels. Most of the time he holds back to some degree in the first part of any fight because he doesn't know how strong his opponent is and doesn't want to kill them. Like Subjekt 17, who knocks him right out in their first bout. But then he wakes up, shakes it off, and takes it to another level. He increases his fight intensity the more he knows his enemy can take it.

This show has a newly-minted Superman, who's clearly still got a long way to go in terms of exploring his own limits, considering he's still discovering his powers.

Interesting, I was just assuming Brainiac created Cyborg Zor-El - who was a big villain for Kara (I think in Rebirth?) who also "preserved" aspects of Krypton - and was controlling her through him. But actually your version would explain the weird "brainwash" moments she was having so that's probably closer to what's going on.
I would have assumed similar, if not for Emerson's voice and being solely credited as Brainiac. Though it makes me wonder if perhaps this Brainiac is affecting Zor-El's voice specifically for this purpose, mixed with whatever sort of brainwashing thing seems to be going on with her, leaving her only her dad's voice as an anchor. I expect it's probably just Brainiac's voice and not that, but just musing.

I mean, the answer is fairly simple.

Brainiac is the one who raised her. I mean, its not weird for us to see Clark to refer to Jonathan has his father.

Clearly Kara was watching the Snyder Cut

The sibling relationship between Clark and Kara is already so precious.

Good establishment of Brainiac as the big bad. Kara continues to be quite adorable, with her little collection. And it was great to see them bond and almost instantly act like siblings. Didn't really get to see that in Supergirl.

Interesting twist to Kandor and Brainiac's collecting, as it were. Seemingly preserving planets and cultures he and Kara have encountered. RIP to the bird people, though. And with Brainiac confirmed to be Kryptonian in origin, it begs the question, who the Kryptonians ran into that wrecked their ****. Also fun seeing that Krypton confirmed again to have a yellow sun, so they all had their powers there.

Krypton totally ****ed around and found out with Apokolips. And I'm beginning to suspect the central outline in the intro isn't Brainiac...

Was not expecting to see the Brain and Monsieur Malla again. Can't wait to see how much that ship cost Jimmy.

Metroplis under martial law will be interesting.

LMAO that cliffhanger. :funny:

This is definitely one of my favorite eps so far.

Very interesting twist on Brainiac and Kara's backstory, but I love that it still keeps Brainiac a very personal villain for Kara. As it should be, imo. Though, this Brainiac almost feels like a hybrid with the Eradicator to me.

Kara and Clark are adorable together. I loved him sharing his childhood memory to her to demonstrate what love is, since she clearly has no concept of it at all.

Reaaaallly want to see what exactly went down on Krypton. Like, are they going with the STAS approach of Brainiac deliberately leading them to their own demise, or...was there something else involved? If that world had a yellow sun and they all had superpowers, then a mere collapsing planet shoudn't have done them all in.

I'm kinda assuming next week's ep is basically "what was going on in Metropolis while all this was happening" to catch us up to this moment, so I'm not entirely expecting a resolution to this cliffhanger next week, but it should be very interesting nonetheless!

Jor-el knowing about Kryptonite and its effects very much seems to indicate that it is a weapon designed to fight the Krypton Empire. And Jor-el said, the Empire kept expanding until it ran into strong enough to push back.
So, I don't think it was Brainiac.

New lore is fun.

Another incredibly solid episode. These characters are a ton of fun.
This Brainiac is quite terrifying. Something only amplified by it being Michael Emerson. His bots being like these Adaptoids is a super cool yet horrifying way to to harken to the whole collecting.

The sibling relationship between Clark and Kara is already so precious.

Good establishment of Brainiac as the big bad. Kara continues to be quite adorable, with her little collection. And it was great to see them bond and almost instantly act like siblings. Didn't really get to see that in Supergirl.

Interesting twist to Kandor and Brainiac's collecting, as it were. Seemingly preserving planets and cultures he and Kara have encountered. RIP to the bird people, though. And with Brainiac confirmed to be Kryptonian in origin, it begs the question, who the Kryptonians ran into that wrecked their ****. Also fun seeing that Krypton confirmed again to have a yellow sun, so they all had their powers there.

Krypton totally ****ed around and found out with Apokolips. And I'm beginning to suspect the central outline in the intro isn't Brainiac...

Was not expecting to see the Brain and Monsieur Malla again. Can't wait to see how much that ship cost Jimmy.

Metroplis under martial law will be interesting.

LMAO that cliffhanger. :funny:

This is definitely one of my favorite eps so far.

Very interesting twist on Brainiac and Kara's backstory, but I love that it still keeps Brainiac a very personal villain for Kara. As it should be, imo. Though, this Brainiac almost feels like a hybrid with the Eradicator to me.

Kara and Clark are adorable together. I loved him sharing his childhood memory to her to demonstrate what love is, since she clearly has no concept of it at all.

Reaaaallly want to see what exactly went down on Krypton. Like, are they going with the STAS approach of Brainiac deliberately leading them to their own demise, or...was there something else involved? If that world had a yellow sun and they all had superpowers, then a mere collapsing planet shoudn't have done them all in.

I'm kinda assuming next week's ep is basically "what was going on in Metropolis while all this was happening" to catch us up to this moment, so I'm not entirely expecting a resolution to this cliffhanger next week, but it should be very interesting nonetheless!
I disagree about Krypton's sun being portrayed as yellow. If you go back to the season premiere, it was very clearly red at the time of Krypton's destruction. In astronomy, stars often turn red during their lifetime as they age. If Krypton's sun appeared yellow in the recording Brainiac gave her, it would be my guess that maybe it is because the recording were very old, which explains why Krypton appears to be utopia then as opposed to the war-mongering empire it seems to have been towards the end of its life. Perhaps the aging of the star caused Krypton to become less hospitable, which drove its people into expansion for resources, etc.

I disagree about Krypton's sun being portrayed as yellow. If you go back to the season premiere, it was very clearly red at the time of Krypton's destruction. In astronomy, stars often turn red during their lifetime as they age. If Krypton's sun appeared yellow in the recording Brainiac gave her, it would be my guess that maybe it is because the recording were very old, which explains why Krypton appears to be utopia then as opposed to the war-mongering empire it seems to have been towards the end of its life. Perhaps the aging of the star caused Krypton to become less hospitable, which drove its people into expansion for resources, etc.
Oh yeah,

it didn’t occur to me that that version of Krypton shown might be a lie.

Oh yeah,

it didn’t occur to me that that version of Krypton shown might be a lie.
Not necessarily a lie, but a stretching of the truth or taken out of context. Also, go back at that recording, the sky still seems to be a yellowy-orange, which to me would still suggest a red sun. It is a distinctly different colour palette than Earth's blue sky with a yellow sun. Also, Cadmus had the red sun field which stripped Clark of his powers last season.

Not necessarily a lie, but a stretching of the truth or taken out of context. Also, go back at that recording, the sky still seems to be a yellowy-orange, which to me would still suggest a red sun. It is a distinctly different colour palette than Earth's blue sky with a yellow sun. Also, Cadmus had the red sun field which stripped Clark of his powers last season.
Well yeah, they’ve already established
how the red sun affects him, several times over, but they still showed Kryptonians flying around on Krypton so idk.

Well yeah, they’ve already established
how the red sun affects him, several times over, but they still showed Kryptonians flying around on Krypton so idk.
Oh, right, I forgot about some of them flying around in the background. I just took that for being part of a futuristic high tech utopia and was technological flight using some sort of anti-grav tech or something. Jor-El's depiction of the fall of Krypton had them relying on the Brainiac bots for protection, so I would assume they were powerless on Krypton.

It is also clearly shown that something was shot into a yellow sun, turning it red. Combined with Jor-El saying they kept on expanding the Empire until they ran into someone too powerful for them to conquer. Krypton ****ed around and found out. And I'm beginning to suspect the final outline in the intro, the one up top in the middle, is this bigger bad. The question is, will be Mongul or Darkseid?

And I don't see anything wrong with the scene Kara was familiar with. Just look at the various imperialistic nations in our history. Being expansionistic colonistic power does not necessarily mean a warrior race. Hell, an X-book just did a great job of fleshing out a "warrior" people to being more 3d.

3f1a5b7f2198df029bb956aaeff98e4b17c7b639.gifv

I just love how Kara flies up to even up Clark's height advantage. God, I can't wait for the scene when she meets the Kents.

It was a pretty good episode, they are doing a good job at telling a fairly dark storyline but keeping it rather light (given that this is supposed to be for kids but aired at midnight...)

I wasn't sure if this origin story for Kara was darker compared to the one we got for when she was reintroduced in the DC universe with Zor-El having experimented on her as a child and being fairly psychotic but I think this one may take the cake! Even if I completely a utterly still hate the Brainiac design.

It is kind of annoying how they act like Kara and Kal just keep completely powered up even in the depths of space with no yellow sun in "sight". Kryptonians always being fully powered up has never been something I've been a fan of.

And if they really killed off every thanagarian and other big time aliens just to keep these two as the sole big aliens...imma be annoyed.

But it sets Kara up for probably the most interesting long term storyline compared to Clark.

It is also clearly shown that something was shot into a yellow sun, turning it red. Combined with Jor-El saying they kept on expanding the Empire until they ran into someone too powerful for them to conquer. Krypton ****ed around and found out. And I'm beginning to suspect the final outline in the intro, the one up top in the middle, is this bigger bad. The question is, will be Mongul or Darkseid?

And I don't see anything wrong with the scene Kara was familiar with. Just look at the various imperialistic nations in our history. Being expansionistic colonistic power does not necessarily mean a warrior race. Hell, an X-book just did a great job of fleshing out a "warrior" people to being more 3d.

3f1a5b7f2198df029bb956aaeff98e4b17c7b639.gifv

I just love how Kara flies up to even up Clark's height advantage. God, I can't wait for the scene when she meets the Kents.
Source? I don't recall seeing that. Also,
Like I said even the recording of happy Krypton at its peak has a colour scheme consistent with a a red sun. Yellow-orange sky, purple land, etc.

While expansionist colonial powers can be happy and prosperous at home, I think it is far more likely that there was something off about the recording. Everything else given to Kara and told to her about Krypton by Brainiac was clearly a lie.

Source? I don't recall seeing that. Also,
Like I said even the recording of happy Krypton at its peak has a colour scheme consistent with a a red sun. Yellow-orange sky, purple land, etc.

While expansionist colonial powers can be happy and prosperous at home, I think it is far more likely that there was something off about the recording. Everything else given to Kara and told to her about Krypton by Brainiac was clearly a lie.

Jump to 2 minute mark. Which honestly, if you are in a war with Kryptonians, a smart play when you invade their home planet.

I mean, the answer is fairly simple.

Brainiac is the one who raised her. I mean, its not weird for us to see Clark to refer to Jonathan has his father.
ya that's where the Retcon....
of Kara being sent away as a baby (vs other versions where she was older) really came into play, cauase if he found her as a baby and raised her, she'd have nothing else to compare it too

Last edited:

Jump to 2 minute mark. Which honestly, if you are in a war with Kryptonians, a smart play when you invade their home planet.

I totally forgot about that shot from the pilot. I wonder when in Krypton's history that occurred or how long this war has been going on. Very rarely does sci-fi depict the fall of a a massive interstellar empire in a short timespan.

Also given Jor-El's knowledge of Kryptonite, it makes you wonder if the creation of Kryptonite was the result of the damage to Krypton's star. The change in solar radiation maybe had an effect on the planet and its composition. I want to say the comics somewhere or some other adaptation portrayed Krypton slowly being poisoned by Kryptonite before it's destruction. @flickchick85 do you recall anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papapasmurfsmur
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"