No Way Home “There Are Other Ways To See” - Charlie Cox Returns As Daredevil

But there are many people who have ties to him. What about those people? is it really gonna be that easy to sweep under the rug? it feels too big to suddenly be able to get back to his normal life afterwards. back to being spider-man and everyone just kinda forgetting these events ever happened.

And using the excuse that the comics did it. doesn't make it any less silly. Sure Marvel and Sony could do it. still is abit cheap.

Id more likely believe Dr Strange will have some involvement in making the world forget.

Well in the MCU there has only been 2 villains from his rogue gallery and they both knew who he was anyway.

And there was me thinking fans hoped they would improve on that. not double down.

MCU Spider-Man is what he is at this point. We have 2 movies, same returning director, and 3 appearances outside his own movies to go off of. You suddenly think it will be drastically different? At this point it is love it or hate it. Expecting it to not be like all his prior appearances is setting yourself up for disappointment

But there are many people who have ties to him. What about those people? is it really gonna be that easy to sweep under the rug? it feels too big to suddenly be able to get back to his normal life afterwards. back to being spider-man and everyone just kinda forgetting these events ever happened.
The first act of the movie will deal with all of the people in Peter's circle dealing with the news. I'm sure Flash will have something to say; bad place Flash might still be in disbelief. Maybe they'll all even be in the courtroom watching Matt thunder away at witnesses.
And using the excuse that the comics did it. doesn't make it any less silly. Sure Marvel and Sony could do it. still is abit cheap.
I disagree, I don't think having Tobey taking his mask off and footage of that being captured to exonerate Tom is cheap or silly at all, I think it would be a really interesting twist.

Id more likely believe Dr Strange will have some involvement in making the world forget.
Huh???If anything, I would say THAT is a cheap and unimaginative way to solve the secret identity problem. That would practically take away the weight of the reveal in the midcredits scene from FFH in my opinion.

Well in the MCU there has only been 2 villains from his rogue gallery and they both knew who he was anyway.
yeah so I don't think they're really gonna play out the secret identity thing passed the courtroom and other Spider-Men. The problem started at the end of FFH and it'll be solved in NWH

And there was me thinking fans hoped they would improve on that. not double down.
If that is the direction they wanted to have gone with MCU Spider-Man, then that's how they should have started it. Two films in, a sudden shift in tone would be too inconsistent and jarring with the story they have been already telling.

Last edited:
One thing I hope they change if Cox does return: Give Daredevil his actual radar sense this time round please. Both the Afleck movie and the Netflix series managed to screw that up.

One thing I hope they change if Cox does return: Give Daredevil his actual radar sense this time round please. Both the Afleck movie and the Netflix series managed to screw that up.

They should have those sound wave circles like in the comics.

They should have those sound wave circles like in the comics.

The special effect isn't what they screwed up so much before (depicting a visual effect for a blind man is a challenge), but rather the nature of the power itself. It's not tied to his other heightened senses at all, its an independent new ability. The movie made out it was entirely sound based (so basically a sonar sense) and the series made out all his senses combined to give him detailed awareness of his surroundings. I think they only showed how that 'looks' to him once.

For the most part you can ignore it but when a loud noise messed him up in the movie, or the Ninja made themselves 'invisible' to him by silencing their hearts in the series, that was a bit annoying. That aint how the radar works guys.

Yeay, it ruined the whole show.
No it didn't, and I didn't say that either (I enjoyed season 1, 3 and most of season 2). Its just annoying for them to get the nature his most unique power wrong, which in turn has them occasionally giving him weaknesses in the story he shouldn't really have. Its easy to ignore until they do that, then its a bit of an annoying reminder the writers managed to get that wrong. Doesn't ruin it, just annoys.

No it didn't, and I didn't say that either (I enjoyed season 1, 3 and most of season 2). Its just annoying for them to get the nature his most unique power wrong, which in turn has them occasionally giving him weaknesses in the story he shouldn't really have. Its easy to ignore until they do that, then its a bit of an annoying reminder the writers managed to get that wrong. Doesn't ruin it, just annoys.
I think your complaint is valid, but I'm sticking to my theory that this movie will have Matt Murdock the lawyer but not Daredevil the superhero. Having Charlie Cox come back for NWH is a great way to reintroduce the character in the MCU, but having him be Peter's lawyer is enough. This can be his new origin and his arc can continue in another IP. The rumor now is Hawkeye.

so with the trailer and the reddit leak, what I got worried about was no Matt Murdock showing up. However this leak from earlier in the month lines up with today's leaks, so thankfully he should still be there

The fact that
the leaked footage appears to show Ned and May being interrogated in a police station
lends more credence to Matt maybe being in this. Maybe he's
their
lawyer instead of Peter's.

The fact that
the leaked footage appears to show Ned and May being interrogated in a police station
lends more credence to Matt maybe being in this. Maybe he's
their
lawyer instead of Peter's.
eh, I guess I would be fine with that too. as long as there is some scene with Matt and Peter interacting.

mikephelpsupersaiyan.gif
mikephelpsupersaiyan.gif
mikephelpsupersaiyan.gif

Basically if all the rumors of Kingpin and Daredevil starting to pop up soon in the Disney Plus shows is true, which I'm leaning towards believing, this is a great place for Matt to pop up again first and re-establish he exists and exists firmly in the MCU now.

that tweeter also said D'Onofrio signed a really big contract with Disney
Apparently Cap 4 might have Frank Simpson/Nuke in it, and Nuke was in Jessica Jones in neutered Netflix glory but also with a slightly different name Will Simspson so that wouldn't even be stepping on the toes of Netflix and contradict anything if they try and adapt him. Heck, Kingpin could even be part of Cap 4 if Nuke's in it. Born Again, anyone?

I thought MCU stars are now signing 1 film or appearance per contract?
well I don't see how a contract is necessary for one film, but yeah I heard that Disney's new contracts for MCU casting is much more lenient than before. If the tweeter can be trusted, here is the actual tweet:

Apparently Cap 4 might have Frank Simpson/Nuke in it, and Nuke was in Jessica Jones in neutered Netflix glory but also with a slightly different name Will Simspson so that wouldn't even be stepping on the toes of Netflix and contradict anything if they try and adapt him. Heck, Kingpin could even be part of Cap 4 if Nuke's in it. Born Again, anyone?
I just remember how Simpson's outfit in an episode was so similar to Steve's in Civil War. probably a coincidence.
CdvKvNQUAAAIYcK.jpg:large

I thought MCU stars are now signing 1 film or appearance per contract?

I think Feige was just saying they were no longer doing those ridiculously big 9 movie contracts and its done more on a per project basis. So its possible they still do 2-3 movie contracts.

I wasn't a big fan of Wil Traval's version of Nuke. I always thought John Cena might actually make a good Nuke, but since he now played Peacemaker and described that as "a d0uchey Captain America" I guess it's unlikely that'd happen.
mva0Dm2.png

I was hoping to see Cox in the trailer. Although some say they saw him standing up near the desk in the shadows. I don't think he was the one slamming down those files though.

I was hoping to see Cox in the trailer. Although some say they saw him standing up near the desk in the shadows. I don't think he was the one slamming down those files though.
you can count on him being in the movie though, I think at this point it is a good chance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"