No Way Home “There Are Other Ways To See” - Charlie Cox Returns As Daredevil

Why is the footage of Peter Parker all mirrored?

guys, watch the trailer again. I really think that guy slamming his hands onto the table is Matt Murdock. And there are a few reasons why I think this.
  1. Look at Peter's body language at 00:30. The guy slams his hands down which draws Peter's attention away from the file he's reading, then he looks up at the person himself. That makes it seem like this person is actually important.
  2. Look at the positioning and angle of the person there respective to Peter. It looks like he is arguing with someone on the opposite side of him i.e on the right side of Peter. This implies that this person is on Peter's side.
  3. Think about this segment of the trailer. The full police precinct scene is about 7 seconds long. What purpose would the part of the guy slamming files onto an already stacked desk play here if this wasn't significant past the "drones that were yours" line?
  4. This point is just a counterargument to the naysayers about this actor looking too chubby to be Charlie Cox. Firstly just keep in mind, Cox hasn't been Matt Murdock for three years and I don't even know if he's been in an action intensive role since then. So...cut the guy some slack. It's fine if he put on a few pounds since then and it doesn't matter, because if he is in this movie, he's Matt Murdock the lawyer, not Daredevil the superhero.
  5. This point is another counterargument, from 00:25-00:26. We that seemingly same actor with his arms folded following a DODC guy into that interrogation room. He doesn't have a cane. One, this segment could have been filmed as a fakeout on purpose which we know Disney tends to do sometimes. Remember Hulk in the Infinity War trailer running alongside the Avengers in Wakanda? Two, it's been a while since I saw any season of Daredevil but I'm pretty sure he doesn't always use his cane indoors. It's usually when he's walking on the sidewalk.
  6. Pay attention to Peter's outfit at 00:26 and then again at 00:50. He's wearing his pajamas, the same pajamas in the latter scene with sirens reflected in the window. This is how we know this second scene is when the police come to arrest him and take him to the police precinct in the first scene. And ultimately, this is how we know that all of this is not only in the first act, but very early on in the film.

I also think Peter will try to tell Matt that he isn't Spider-Man, but because Matt can just instinctively know the truth, he won't believe Peter.

Netflix Daredevil and Raimi Spider-Man are two of my favourites. I can't believe there's a story crazy enough to potentially bring them both back in the same film.

Netflix Daredevil and Raimi Spider-Man are two of my favourites. I can't believe there's a story crazy enough to potentially bring them both back in the same film.
I think I'm equally as hyped to get Netflix's Daredevil back as I am for the legacy Spider-Man

Netflix Daredevil and Raimi’s first two Spiderman movies are literally my two favorite live action Marvel adaptations ever.

I also think Peter will try to tell Matt that he isn't Spider-Man, but because Matt can just instinctively know the truth, he won't believe Peter.
I don't think Matt cares whether he's Spider-Man, just whether he killed Mysterio.

I don't think Matt cares whether he's Spider-Man, just whether he killed Mysterio.

Hmm...

But does he take the case because he believes he is Spider-Man, a high school age super vigilante that is in over his head with a murder charge hanging over him?

Makes a quick and easy answer as to why Matt would take up legal arms for Peter. Matt is smart and can "see" things in ways few can. He can figure out the truth without being told and it could even just be as small as him smelling the evidence and going "Oh yeah... Parker reeks of the drones they confiscated. Fuel and other chemical traces are the same all over his clothes and hair. So... He's Spider-Man. But I know from his voice and heartbeat he didn't murder Beck."

I think the only way Matt would bring questioning publicly the identity thing is if proving Peter and Spider-Man are two different people is as a defense, but... I don't see him doing that. I can see him very plainly laying out to Peter that he is going to have to come clean on the record that he is Spider-Man. It is in the public record and that cat is not going back into the bag (Matt is of course not keyed into the super human community of the wider MCU the way Peter is so... We can forgive his lack of uh... vision in not seeing that Peter knows folk that can do just about anything at this point.) no matter what. It is Peter Parker being accused of a crime which again, I am sure Matt would be able to know with some certainty that his client was no murderer. So yeah, he might suss out the truth and may even have involved himself to help a fellow super hero but Peter's issues with being outed are not germane to getting him out of a jail sentence. Who know...? Maybe Matt might even be all "Let's lean into this now that it is public. Spider-Man, local hero who made it to the big leagues and who six years ago disappeared along with so many others, only to return to battle for humanity along the side of Earth's mightiest heroes, among them Iron Man who gave his life to the cause and in death entrusted this young hero who had proved his valor with a great responsibility that was coveted by greedy vengeful individuals that Quentin Beck assembled to usurp the security system Tony Stark had left in the hands of the junior Avenger." His history as Spider-Man may be crucial in getting him off, Jameson propaganda notwithstanding there is a strong counter narrative to be told. The issue is once out of jeopardy for Beck's death the issues with his alter ego being out there remain.

I do have some questions as to why Peter would need a Matt Murdock in the first place?

Wasn't this all an op run by none other than Nick Fury? Yeah, yeah, Skulls, Fury on vacay, still, Peter and Happy can both testify that in an Avengers capacity at the behest of Nick Fury, Peter was acting as an agent of law enforcement working a case. Why isn't Fury testifying on Peter's behalf? And shouldn't some other known heroes testify on his behalf and make the case for Peter in public?

I think an important question is why is Matt chosen as his lawyer? Peter should have connections up his wazoo and Happy would be able to get literally anyone to help him. I hope they have a good explanation for why specifically Matt is the one Who will help him.

That's a great point. Peter wouldnt need to resort to a public defender…technically.

I think an important question is why is Matt chosen as his lawyer? Peter should have connections up his wazoo and Happy would be able to get literally anyone to help him. I hope they have a good explanation for why specifically Matt is the one Who will help him.
if Disney decides to keep Netflix MCU as canon to the main MCU (which they should), then Matt Murdock is like one of those high profile lawyers in that universe in New York that any celebrity would be clamoring to defend them. He won several high profile cases and with the help of Ray Nadeem, was able to put Kingpin behind bars a second time.

Being canon also means that Murdock defended Frank Castle in the past and his last words were "we need heroes." That's enough motivation for Matt to take the case imo

if Disney decides to keep Netflix MCU as canon to the main MCU (which they should), then Matt Murdock is like one of those high profile lawyers in that universe in New York that any celebrity would be clamoring to defend them. He won several high profile cases and with the help of Ray Nadeem, was able to put Kingpin behind bars a second time.

Being canon also means that Murdock defended Frank Castle in the past and his last words were "we need heroes." That's enough motivation for Matt to take the case imo

Frank Castle would be a more difficult character to bring back for the MCU than Kingpin or any other characters on that show. He's a character that is extremely violent and the MCU outside Netflix is PG-13. Also his logo has been recently corrupted by White Nationalists, something which Jon Bernthal has condemned.

Frank Castle would be a more difficult character to bring back for the MCU than Kingpin or any other characters on that show. He's a character that is extremely violent and the MCU outside Netflix is PG-13. Also his logo has been recently corrupted by White Nationalists, something which Jon Bernthal has condemned.
Deadpool 3 is gonna be in the MCU and I'm pretty sure it's still gonna be R rated.

I don't care much for the Punisher as a character, I was just using his history with Matt Murdock in the Netflix MCU as an example of how/why he would be motivated to handle Peter Parker's murder trial.

Deadpool 3 is gonna be in the MCU and I'm pretty sure it's still gonna be R rated.

I don't care much for the Punisher as a character, I was just using his history with Matt Murdock in the Netflix MCU as an example of how/why he would be motivated to handle Peter Parker's murder trial.

Deadpool 3 is likely to be the only R rated MCU project.

If they use Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock, might as well bring back Elden Hanson and Debra Ann Woll.

Deadpool 3 is likely to be the only R rated MCU project.

If they use Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock, might as well bring back Elden Hanson and Debra Ann Woll.
Well if they bring back all of the Netflix MCU characters and want to continue the tone, then maybe their standalone stories will continue on Hulu instead.

The reason Daredevil was a Netflix TV show instead of a movie in the first place is because Drew Goddard wanted to tell an R rated story.

I didn't know that. I used to have a Punisher skull T-shirt (from the Thomas Jane movie) which shrunk in the wash. I guess if I wore that people would think I was a White Nationalist now?

Maybe Punisher can get a new logo? Don't know what. Maybe a skull and crossbones? Someone would probably accusing him of pirating that off someone else though.

Hmm...

Would Fury or maybe Pepper hire Matt to defend Peter?

Also thinking on it... May and Pete are probably hurting financially given May was one of the dusted.

They would need someone with resources to step up.

Hmm...

Would Fury or maybe Pepper hire Matt to defend Peter?

Also thinking on it... May and Pete are probably hurting financially given May was one of the dusted.

They would need someone with resources to step up.
If NwH takes place right after FFH, then Fury is still in space. There is of course the whole fakeout Fury that they could do again but I wasn't really a fan of that. I could see them doing it again though.

But again, if Netflix MCU is canon, then Matt Murdock is a big shot lawyer and if Pepper hired him, then he would defend Peter pro bono I think. They even brought this up in the 90s cartoon, and Jameson secrets paid Murdock to defend Peter.

Would be great to see Karen and Foggy too but this movie is packed. I'll settle for like a phone call back to the home office that name drops either.

Would be great to see Karen and Foggy too but this movie is packed. I'll settle for like a phone call back to the home office that name drops either.
if they are in the movie then a one scene cameo from each or both at the same time are fine. but Karen's actress from the show has kinda already said she's not in it

I think your complaint is valid, but I'm sticking to my theory that this movie will have Matt Murdock the lawyer but not Daredevil the superhero. Having Charlie Cox come back for NWH is a great way to reintroduce the character in the MCU, but having him be Peter's lawyer is enough. This can be his new origin and his arc can continue in another IP. The rumor now is Hawkeye.

I also don't expect anything more than Cox as Lawyer Murdock only, if he does appear. They might put in a nod to his special abilities (hears something well out of normal range or something) but a hint of that would be about it.

But if they are bringing him back for this then they are obviously planning to use him again and at some point he will suit up again. When he does, I would prefer they redefine the radar to be more in line with the comics interpretation.

I also don't expect anything more than Cox as Lawyer Murdock only, if he does appear. They might put in a nod to his special abilities (hears something well out of normal range or something) but a hint of that would be about it.

But if they are bringing him back for this then they are obviously planning to use him again and at some point he will suit up again. When he does, I would prefer they redefine the radar to be more in line with the comics interpretation.
exactly. him being in this movie and hinting at his abilities not only sets him up for the future MCU, but also sets up a potential partnership between him and Spider-Man too.

this movie is perfect for his reintroduction, but they don't have to go all out with it. a supporting role is enough, as this is a pretty heavy Spider-Verse/Sinister Six story.

I'm just gonna leave this here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"