“There Are Other Ways To See” - Charlie Cox Returns As Daredevil

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: No Way Home' started by Detective Conan, Jan 18, 2021.

?

A New version For the MCU or the same version From The Netflix version?

1. The Same Version From The Netflix Series.

42 vote(s)
    56.8%
  2. A New incarnation

13 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. I’m good either way.

19 vote(s)
    25.7%
  1. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

No.2 can be worked on but no.1 needs to happen!

2. KaijuDude1992 Registered

He might have only had 1 minute of screen time, but damn did he leave an impression afterwards. I really cannot wait to see Charlie Cox back in all his glory and the possibilities are endless.

3. Web-Head Oh boy yeah

SO happy he's back! Obviously wish we got more than just that small cameo but still great nonetheless. Did I sense a subtle nod to Favreau playing Foggy too?

KaijuDude1992 likes this.
  4. RaimiWebSpidey Registered

The king got a standing ovation tonight :applaud

5. samsnee Ok

Honestly was too short to really enjoy it. It’s a nice treat for fans but I imagine non-DD people were very confused why he only showed up for one scene. It was always weird because he was so brightly lit whereas on the show, it’s mostly in the dark. I didn’t realize his hairline was so far back

6. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

His appearance was just right to make his MCU debut. I'm excited by his return it was short and sweet.

TheVileOne and KaijuDude1992 like this.
  7. The Infernal Mky Mk

It was a pretty cool cameo. Short, but it was a standout moment. Hopefully we get to see him team up with Spider-man to take on the Kingpin. I wouldn't mind seeing Daredevil face Mysterio also given their past in the comics.

TheVileOne and KaijuDude1992 like this.
  8. NewYorkSpider EndGame

I'm wondering if Feige is gonna find some way to make the Netflix side canon, but at the same time finding a way to where you really don't need to watch them for the story to make sense?

I think it's honestly the best way to please fans on both sides of the debate. I get they could be variants, but that would just seem like the easy way out and confuse some casual viewers.

KaijuDude1992 and Spider-Fan like this.
  9. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

The MCU largely does well at giving people who don't watch it all enough to follow what's going on, so I am sure Feige can do this easily

10. Dr. Evil Registered

I can't imagine Matt Murdock lining up with the likes of Thor, Sam Wilson, Captain Marvel, Ant Man and The Hulk against a threat like Kang. It's hard to imagine him doing that. Plus, I am curious to see what his reaction to aliens and wizards would be. Same situation for the Netflix characters. What exactly would their reactions be to Thor, The Guardians, Dr. Strange and Wong if the Netflix heroes were all to show up all of a sudden? If I had to guess the reactions to aliens would be like the others the first time they met aliens "well, they're here" and move on. It would be like the first time Bucky saw Rocket in Avengers: Infinity War. They might have a different reaction to the sorcery of Strange and Wong.

11. Mr. Peanut Registered

At the very least they should keep season 1 of Daredevil canon. I don't think any of the rest of the Netflix stuff is really important to the MCU one way or the other, but if you're gonna have Murdock and Fisk running around the MCU with the same actors and same characterization, then you really can't beat Daredevil season 1 as their origin story.

12. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

It's been several years, would be pretty easy to have a lot of creative freedom over the status quo without stupidly making any of the show non-canon.

#312 KillerMcQueen, Dec 20, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
  13. kguillou Registered

I've been saying this for a while, but I think this is going to be a loose reboot. If you want to consider the Netflix series canon than you can and they won't directly contradict it but they're going to go in a new direction with DD and Kingpin going forward.

14. Detective Conan Registered

15. BrollySupersj The only verdict, is vengeance.

Charlie's return was short, but so damn sweet. Got a few cheers in my theater.

jignat likes this.
  16. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

It seemed to imply that Aunt May knew Matt.

17. Dr. Evil Registered

Hopefully we see this type of humor from Matt Murdock going forward:

Karen: "We go back to helping people out of a crappy office, getting paid in chickens?"
    Foggy: "I think Theo would let us work out of here, to start."
    Matt: "At least we'd have a place to sell the chickens."

That comes from Season 3 Episode 13 of the Netflix series at the very end when the three were celebrating Wilson's imprisonment.

18. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

He was a very good lawyer indeed. :D

19. Silvermoth Krakoan native

Always a delight seeing Cox

20. SPO2 Dalisay Rebel in exile, again.

I don't see what the problem would be "The Incident" happened on Netflix. They dealt with The Hand, dragoons and people rising from the dead.

21. Matt.S99 Formally batboy99

I really don’t see why either Matt or Fisk would be new, rebooted versions of the characters. Why get the same actors in the role only to confuse people?
    I still think the Netflix shows are canon because nothing in them really contradicts the overall story of the MCU. And I don’t think you really need to watch them to understand anything. Best if they say those shows are canon, but not necessary to watch them since they’re going in a slightly different direction. Just say they were blipped and that’s that.

22. Joe Von Zombie Hell yeah!

The best live action Batman returns. Was glad to see it.

23. TheVileOne Registered

Why not? He was offered to join the Avengers at one point. Black Widow used to be his girlfriend:

[​IMG]

If guy with bow and arrow and super spy can fight monsters, aliens, Black Order, and Thanos, than so can Daredevil.

The Infernal likes this.
  24. TheVileOne Registered

More like dragon fossils.

25. Dr. Evil Registered

If it's a soft reboot and they decide to keep Matt's unwillingness to kill aspect, would he kill evil aliens if he had to?