Sequels “Wonder Woman 3 will be a contemporary story ” - Patty Jenkins

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Director Patty Jenkins: 'Wonder Woman 3' Will Be a "Contemporary Story"

Jenkins referenced a THR piece published Friday suggesting that Wonder Woman 3 should go to the future, and she seemed receptive to the idea.

"It's definitely one of the things we talked about," said Jenkins. "I'm not planning to put it in the past again, because where are you going to go? You have to go forward. It's definitely a contemporary story. That's all I can say. Where we put it and how that gets figured out, I haven't totally nailed down."

Wonder Woman of the future would be so much fun

I wonder, when she says the future, whether she's talking the present (modern) DCEU timeline, or whether she's going to go way out there and set WW3 in the year 2985 or something crazy like that. Diana is Immortal, right?

I wonder, when she says the future, whether she's talking the present (modern) DCEU timeline, or whether she's going to go way out there and set WW3 in the year 2985 or something crazy like that. Diana is Immortal, right?
Present day timeline, that is, set in the year it will be released.

Present day timeline, that is, set in the year it will be released.
This being the case then, if they haven't introduced various other characters by the time WW3 is released, I hope they continue with a more mythological route and have Diana meet someone like Kendra (Hawkgirl) or maybe even come into contact with Black Adam? Place WW3 in Egypt or something? If Black Adam is out as the villain (cause of a Shazam sequel?) then maybe spin an Anubis arc?

Alternatively, although maybe best suited until after WW3, a dual film between Diana and Arthur that heavily focuses on Queen Clea would be interesting to see.

If it's modern day... I want Circe as the big bad.

WW3 needs to preserve WW hope for the future without being preachy. Keep fighting what is bad and supporting what is good while allowing humans to work out for themselves what their future can be. WW needs to restrain herself from forcing good on those not ready for it.

I would like to see Cassie Sandmark introduced. Her dad Lennox could of escaped Ares cull and fathered her with Helena. Diana has becoming less of a loner seems to be the direction Patty is going and introducing her teenage niece would add a interesting dynamic.

In terms of villains I would like see either Doctor Cyber and Veronica Cale or Circe

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"