The Dark Knight # 1 best scene?

I personally love the whole chase scene - from the moment Harvey Dent gets into the police truck until the Joker is lying flat out on the ground with Gordon pointing a gun at him. Thought it was brilliantly done, especially the bit where the Joker faces down Batman as he races towards him on the Pod .............. and that ominous background music builds up.

Thats my favorite as well. I know Nolan usually cant direct action but this one is his jewel and done very well. The pacing, the sound of the accelerating batpod - all great

Agreed, he managed to successfully combine all aspects of it (the action itself, the music and effects, and the pacing) to build up to a crescendo. The articulated lorry doing a flip was particularly memorable, when I saw the film in the cinema most of the audience were wowed by that.

For me, it was the interrogation scene. This scene showed just how twisted the Joker's rationale for what he does is.

That laugh as Batman is beating the crap out of him, and when he says "You have nothing...nothing to threaten me with, nothing to do with all your strength!!!"-that is just chilling to the extreme.

Also, "I want my phone call!" scene. Masterful.

THIS! It might be my favorite scene in all of cinema. The Joker bringing it to Batman's attention that he is just as much of a freak as he is. The way The Joker is just toying with him, and finally gets under Batman's skin, only to laugh hysterically as Batman kicks his ass.

It is a 100% perfect Batman/Joker scene.

The bank robbery, its William Fitcher at his best!

for me one of the best scenes is when he comes in and he laughs and he says, and I thought my jokes were bad' then he pisses Gambol off haha I just love when he says, what happened? did, did your balls drop off? hm? haha
you think you can steal from us and just walk away?' 'yeah'
another one would be when he says 'does Harvey know about you and his little bunny?''

join ! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Remember-Heath-Ledger-04041979-01222008/150262635018235?v=wall

There are a lot of scenes from TDK that I really loved and it's very hard to choose just one. In terms of Joker scenes, the first that comes to mind is practically his first, right before leaving the bank:'I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you...stranger'. I just love the delivery of that line. Another one that obviously comes to mind is his last...I just love Joker's lines there about the nature of his and Batman's conflict('This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object'). Another thing I really like about that scene is that Joker practically defines Batman when he says 'You truly are incorruptible, aren't you?'.

Batman's first appearance in the movie was another scene I really liked. What I enjoyed about it especially, was the feeling the mobsters were having when the real Batman arrived, something along the lines of 'oh ****, things just go serious'. The exchange he had with Scarecrow and the fake Batmen('I don't need help!, Not my diagnosis.') was nice as well. And I loved the 'I'm not wearing hockey pads line'. I like that he was practically telling them...dudes, I've got a tank and a goddamn battle suit, what more do you need? The scene with Batman 'interrogating' Maroni was cool as well...Bale was just so intense in that scene.

And of course the final scene was great as well...right from the beginning, when Gordon arrives to confront Harvey. I loved Harvey's line 'It's not about what I want, it's about what's FAIR!'. But the highlight of that entire sequence are Batman's lines at the end, as well as Bale's delivery. I really liked the subtle appearance of Bruce's voice, when Batman delivers his final lines in the film. Epic!

I'd say the number one best scene has to be the interrogation scene. Everything about that scene is just pure perfection. Runner up I'd say is the ending scene with Two-Face holding the kid hostage and Batman taking the blame for his death.

#1 worst scene? The guy on the barge who wants to blow up the prisoner's boat. He's such a horrible actor.

yep, I agree with you :/ also the cop who is behind this white-haired man, just freaks me out :S

I'd say the number one best scene has to be the interrogation scene. Everything about that scene is just pure perfection. Runner up I'd say is the ending scene with Two-Face holding the kid hostage and Batman taking the blame for his death.

Those two scenes are the most emotionally charged, I think.

In terms of excitement, has to be the Armored car/Joker truck chase. It was like Nolan took the day off for those scenes and James Cameron took over.

Those two scenes are the most emotionally charged, I think.

In terms of excitement, has to be the Armored car/Joker truck chase. It was like Nolan took the day off for those scenes and James Cameron took over.

Yeah, thats my favorite scene as well and to say that this chase is impressive would be a big understatement

It's probably the best action sequence out of both movies, IMO. I never tire of watching it.

When the truck flipped, everyone clapped.
lol. That was a cool moment. The public of my city is rarely like that.
The truck chase was probably one of the best for me, too.

My favorite scene is when Batman is standing looking at the remains of the explosion that killed Rachel.

My favorite scene is when Batman is standing looking at the remains of the explosion that killed Rachel.

That was great. I thought it was a clever touch to have the explosion that killed Rachel be the thing that scarred one side of Harvey's coin, so it made it even more personal. He didn't just scratch one side of the coin himself.

Little brush strokes like that are what makes TDK so great.

Mine's a tie between:

Joker leaving the exploding hospital

Batman vs. Joker: The "Last Laugh" Confrontation, as i call it

It's so hard for me to pick because the movie was so damn awesome.

Worst moments, though? The little bits with that "I didn't sign up this!" guy.

That is one weak link in both movies, the extras. Nolan needs to stop giving them dialogue. Especially Cops.

That is one weak link in both movies, the extras. Nolan needs to stop giving them dialogue. Especially Cops.

"Thats not good"
(helicopter tail crashes into building)
"Okay, thats not good!"

WTF?

"He's flying on rooftops!!!!"

I LOVE the build up scene leading up to Joker crashing Dent's party, Gary Oldman's acting in that scene is so incredible, as is the music and the feeling of tension as the judge and the commisioner are both killed, the msot intense scene in the movie imo, I also love it when bruce takes out Dent and just says 'he's here,' near the end of this scene, such an epic moment!

Best part was he says "He's here" in his Batman voice.

The funny thing is, it's not like this movie is filled with nonstop action. They didn't fill it with a lot of pointless action scenes like you get with most comic book movies. But when you did get them, they were well thought out and you didn't feel like you were getting robbed of seeing Batman use other gadgets or The Joker pulling off other crazy stunts that he could have done. None of the action scenes felt forced and they were placed strategically. But I guess if I had to choose one...

The final fight scene between Batman and Joker is fantastic. The reason that The Joker is the most famous Batman villian is due to him and Batman being complete polar opposites. So I loved the "Unstoppable force meets the immovable object" line. I thought that scene was the best by a narrow margin.

Last edited:
The funny thing is, it's not like this movie is filled with nonstop action. They didn't fill it with a lot of pointless action scenes like you get with most comic book movies. But when you did get them, they were well thought out and you didn't feel like you were getting robbed of seeing Batman use other gadgets or The Joker pulling off other crazy stunts that he could have done. None of the action scenes felt forced and they were placed strategically. But I guess if I had to choose one...

The final fight scene between Batman and Joker is fantastic. The reason that The Joker is the most famous Batman villian is due to him and Batman being complete polar opposites. So I loved the "Unstoppable force meets the immovable object" line. I thought that scene was the best by a narrow margin.

Awesome post :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"