10,000 Bc

Seems like X-Maniac is once again attacking posters who don't share his opinion about a film. Nice to see that he hasn't changed much since the X3 forums. :whatever:

As for 10,000 B.C.? I had no interest on seeing it really. I work at a theater myself and only went in to see the Dark Knight trailer and clean it afterwards. Only Roland Emmerich movies I liked was Stargate, Independence Day, and The Day After Tomorrow.

Well, I'm glad I didn't listen to you 'telling' me not to see the movie. I wanted to make up my own mind so don't get so high and mighty that you think you decide who sees a movie.

And there it is! :woot:

Inaccuracies have zero relevance in a fantasy movie. It doesn't matter.

The movie didn't take place in a fantasy land, it took place in our prehistory. It was called 10,000 BC. As in Before Christ, as in an actual historical time period.

Hey! I know, in the next movie set in Edinburgh, let's stick the Statue of Liberty in there huh? And the Sydney Opera House. I think that'd look rad.

There's no 'here's the thing' about it. All that was your 'thing', not mine.
No s**t, of course it's my opinion. The reason I posted in the first place is because you are having such a hard time understanding why people don't like your precious little movie. I am explaining to you MY opinion. Do you understand that?

I can't even remember the cowardly father thing. But don't you think that maybe, just maybe, they needed to figure out the star navigation after they had failed and had the drama of getting lost. Rather than being super-expert navigators from the word go.

It was right at the begining of the movie, the dad left and swore D'Leh's mentor to secrecy. I'm not suprised you don't remember it though, seeing as your are clearly entertained by not much more than flashing lights and BANG sounds.

As for the navigation bit, there was no drama to it, that's my entire point. They had already made a big deal about this star that doesn't move, and it was obvious that it would be their way out. Off the top of my head, it might have been more effective if they didn't notice the stars until they were already lost, then their solution might have been a suprise.

Oh, another one of your things. I'd better brace myself for your rabid slavering.

You wouldn't have to if you hadn't disobeyed us in the first place. :hyper:

No, YOU keep going back to the cinema because you are unable to discern what you will like or dislike beforehand so, like a moth to flame, you put yourself through something you hate and then come on here to spill that hate. Can I suggest being better informed next time, like watching the trailers and doing some research?
You're making a lot of claims about my person. So you either know me in real life, or you're talking s**t. I'm going with the latter. To clarify, I have liked Emmerich's previous movies. Stargate, ID4, Day After Tomorrow. All dumb fun. Love it. :up:

I also like history, and I like adventure movies, and Emmerich hasn't been this bad before. So why wouldn't I go and see it?

Where have we seen it all before? I haven't seen a 'quest for girl' story featuring mammoths, giant birds, a sabretooth and pyramid people. THAT was the original take on the story. Can't believe you missed that!? Are you sure you went into the right auditorium?

Premise and execution are two different things. The mammoth stampede was really no different than the stampede in Kong. The Birds were the raptors in Jurassic Park. The differences were only superficial, it was like those cheap knock offs of popular franchises you see in third world black markets. THE UNCANNY Z-PEOPLE. THE AMAZING BUG-DUDE.

And the Sabertooth was just bizarre.

Again, where have we seen it all before? How was the sabretooth a blunder? Show me a better one.

It was a blunder because it looked like crap, and in terms of the story, it was embarrassing. Something better? Off the top of my head, the animals in I Am Legend looked way better.

'It' doesn't have to be grateful to you at all. Don't kid yourself that your ego has registered on the great worldwide radar of things. You're just a bitter internet guy. Especially when you give it zero. There's a lot worse out there.
If it was that bad, you would have walked out, but no, you have to come on here spouting and spewing and believing the movie owes you some gratitude for not giving it lower than zero. Delusional much!

You do realise these movies are made for an audience, right? They owe EVERYTHING to the audience. Don't kid yourself. Without an audience movies like this couldn't get made.

Sorry, I posted without seeing this.

It's ok, but anyone replying please take it to PM's as this is now more of a personal argument than anything. I will delete all further arguing posts at this point.

Well, some people liked it, some people didn't. I'm one of the people who found it entertaining. Bring on the DVD! Internet anger over something has lost all meaning now, because it happens with everything.

Bringing this back since the dvd is coming out.Movie sucked, but they've been playing that nine inch nails-like music and I'm wondering if anyone's found it yet? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"