100GB HDD Coming March 2007

imdaly

- Part 12
Reaction score
If you've been hankerin' for a bit more room to stash pr0n Xbox Live downloads and other various medias on your 360, and you're not so keen on squeezing in a backup solution or dealing with a frumpy external drive, it looks like you're in luck. Microsoft just announced a 100GB hard drive for the Xbox 360 at their little X06 shindig in Korea, and the drive should be making its way to shelves -- at least in Korea -- by March of '07. There's no info on price yet, or really much info at all, but when has a PowerPoint slide full of Korean characters and lame-fonted "100 GB" overlays ever steered you wrong?
Source

IF this comes along with an update for, sayyyy a TIVO-like function, and if it's under $150, I'll be all over this.

But unless I'm able to put tons and tons of videos on it, I won't need it.

Why do you need 100 gig harddrive? What else can we put in there, other then demos?

Depending on the cost, I'm very interested.

NOFX said:
Why do you need 100 gig harddrive? What else can we put in there, other then demos?

Like I said above, I don't...UNLESS the X360 gets an update around that time that enables a TIVO-like ability. I could definitely use the extra space for my TV shows that I watch religiously: LOST, 4400, The Office, Smallville, and Heroes.

What I'm more concerned about is how to transfer everything to the new hard drive. I mean, some game saves bind themselves to the hdd, and on top of that if you wish to do things the old fashioned way, you'll need to also buy a memory card as well.

I was actually wondering that myself. I'm sure they'll have SOME way of doing it, but I can't think of how to right now.

It'll be interesting to see.

Hmm...

Last week a Korean gaming site carried pictures from a presentation on Xbox 360 peripherals at Microsoft's X06 Korea event. The snapshots included art of the Xbox Live Vision camera, a 256MB memory card, the Xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver that lets players use the system peripherals on a PC without cords, and an Xbox 360 hard drive with "100GB" written across the top.

The news was picked up and reported around the Web, and Microsoft today finally addressed the issue directly. A representative for the company passed on the following statement:

"The reference to a 100GB hard drive in a recent presentation in Korea has been misleading, and in fact we have no plans to bring a 100GB hard drive to the market. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused."

The representative could not explain exactly how the reference was misleading. When asked if the company had plans for a larger Xbox 360 hard drive, he did say it was "always a possibility."

"The device is modular, and there's the possibility that different hard drives will be available in the future," the representative said. "To reiterate, we have no plans to announce such an accessory in the near future."

Source

Now I'm just confused what the whole slide was about...

Maybe they meant 100 gigabits, which would actually be less than a 20GB HDD.

Or maybe they meant "Gamer Boints"!

:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"