12 killed in Colorado shooting at Dark Knight Rises premiere - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this tragedy is also going to cause theaters to review their emergency exit locations. I've always thought that have an emergency exit next to the screen was useless since it's usually pretty close to the actual entrance/exit.

To anybody not going to see the movie now; or even less enthused about it, please go. You looked forward to this for years. What happened is terrible, but you're gonna let 1 sicko rob you of this? I don't even like this trilogy and I feel more compelled to see this movie now actually. Sure, you all feel like this puts things into perspective in terms of what's important. You enjoying your life is important, even the 2 hours of this movie. So please go and enjoy :up:

:up:

I don't see how anybody would be disrespecting the memory of anybody who was hurt or died in that audience by going to watch the movie that they themselves wanted to enjoy.

I don't think its going too far at all....this man was fully decked out, and walked right into a movie theater and did this.....no one blinked. They thought he was part of the movie experience, along with the smoke grenades...

People seeing someone coming in in costume, may turn right around and walk out.....simply because they don't feel comfortable.

I see no problem with this at all, I've always thought the costume thing was weird anyway....but I also always felt to each his/her own, even though it seemed weird to me....

Right now, is just not the time to be costuming up to go to the show....as someone said earlier when I announced this.....do that Comic-con....

I agree, But I feel sorry for the little boys and girls this will now effect not only in this film but any comic book movie. I saw families last night see this movie with their kids dressed up like Batman, Bane, Catwoman, Robin, Joker, etc. as well as teenagers and adults. I agree costumes aren't need a T-shirt would be just fine. But you have to realize that this costume banding just the beginning to something I fear will impact movies to come.

A guy is being interviewed on Fox that before the movie started....(HE'S NOT SAYING THERE IS A CONNECTION, HE IS JUST SAYING WHAT WE ALL KNOW HAPPENS) but one guy was talking on his phone before the movie started, he went to the emergency exit and stood there with his foot in the door and signaled someone else to come in.

They still believe the guy worked alone...but it is pretty easy for the guy to have been in the theater, because he looks just like a regular guy....and then went and propped the door open. Very plausible....it all depends on where he was sitting as to how easy and undetected he was....

He could have left before the movie started, propped it open and just waited....which sounds to me exactly what he did....ya'll know once those lights are totally down, and we've seen people come in from those exits during the movie....AND if he was dressed up, hell yeah people would think it was part of the movie experience....

The guy had it planned well....

I think this tragedy is also going to cause theaters to review their emergency exit locations. I've always thought that have an emergency exit next to the screen was useless since it's usually pretty close to the actual entrance/exit.
It's done that way so that if there is a fire in the front, you have a back way out so it makes sense to have it. But there is the question of how he got in so easily using the door the wrong way. Something may have to get looked at there.

I was going to go dressed as the joker

last years halloween costume
374254_10150423825050476_1523618415_n.jpg

but I don't really have a problem with giving that up. Safety is more important.

Yeah, even for your own sake, you'd better put the costume away this time. :(

I agree, But I feel sorry for the little boys and girls this will now effect by this with not just this movie but any comic book movie. I saw families last night see this movie with their kids dressed up like Batman, Bane, Catwoman, Robin, Joker, etc. as well as teenagers and adults. I agree costumes aren't need a T-shirt would be just fine. But you have to realize that this costume banding just the beginning to something I fear will impact movies to come.

Well its possible they are going to allow it for children....I hope so, I certainly don't mind having kiddos coming in as Batman, that is just too cute.

It's done that way so that if there is a fire in the front, you have a back way out so it makes sense to have it. But there is the question of how he got in so easily using the door the wrong way. Something may have to get looked at there.

They (larger theaters) will probably have to station security back there at all times from now on.....I know the kiddos at our theater get in that way...ALL THE TIME.

This whole thing is awful and tragic on a number of levels. Tragedy always gives the media an opportunity to push ******** at 'the public'. Blaming art for psychotic acts of violence perpetrated by madmen is nothing new:

http://gma.yahoo.com/james-holmes-s...spired-batman-182624012--abc-news-movies.html

Violence like the massacre that happened in Aurora, Colo., today is a staple of action films, including Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy. A similar, now haunting, scene unfurls in "The Dark Knight Rises" when a masked villain leads a violent gang into a packed football stadium and deploys guns and explosives on the unsuspecting crowd.
While there has been no indication as to the motives of James Holmes, the suspected 24-year-old shooter who is now in custody, new evidence suggests that he was inspired by the Batman series of comic books and/or movies.
Law enforcement sources confirmed to ABC News that Holmes said "I am the Joker" when apprehended by authorities. His hair was painted red, the same hair color of Heath Ledger's Joker at one point in 2008's "The Dark
Knight."

The AP/Yahoo never fails to go full ******. I saw another story that said he wore a bulletproof vest and gas mask 'like bane, a villain featured in The Dark Knight Rises'. Shameful.

God Bless the victims and their families. I hope this ******* gets the justice that he deserves. This could have been any one of us here. This is all very shocking and sad.

I agree, But I feel sorry for the little boys and girls this will now effect not only in this film but any comic book movie. I saw families last night see this movie with their kids dressed up like Batman, Bane, Catwoman, Robin, Joker, etc. as well as teenagers and adults. I agree costumes aren't need a T-shirt would be just fine. But you have to realize that this costume banding just the beginning to something I fear will impact movies to come.

I'm sorry maybe I'm just a little too conservative but if you cannot go to the movies dressed as a normal person without being bummed out for not dressing in costume, you need to reevalute your priorites.

This whole thing is awful and tragic on a number of levels. Tragedy always gives the media an opportunity to push ******** at 'the public'. Blaming art for psychotic acts of violence perpetrated by madmen is nothing new:

http://gma.yahoo.com/james-holmes-s...spired-batman-182624012--abc-news-movies.html

Violence like the massacre that happened in Aurora, Colo., today is a staple of action films, including Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy. A similar, now haunting, scene unfurls in "The Dark Knight Rises" when a masked villain leads a violent gang into a packed football stadium and deploys guns and explosives on the unsuspecting crowd.
While there has been no indication as to the motives of James Holmes, the suspected 24-year-old shooter who is now in custody, new evidence suggests that he was inspired by the Batman series of comic books and/or movies.
Law enforcement sources confirmed to ABC News that Holmes said "I am the Joker" when apprehended by authorities. His hair was painted red, the same hair color of Heath Ledger's Joker at one point in 2008's "The Dark
Knight."

The AP/Yahoo never fails to go full ******. I saw another story that said he wore a bulletproof vest and gas mask 'like bane, a villain featured in The Dark Knight Rises'. Shameful.

God Bless the victims and their families. I hope this ******* gets the justice that he deserves. This could have been any one of us here. This is all very shocking and sad.

I'm not sure what your point is....because all of those things have been confirmed. The full scope of the Joker thing is not quite known yet....but the other, was pretty much what he wore.....I don't remember seeing AP/Yahoo say it looked like Bane's mask...I haven't actually seen that anywhere or heard it....people just said he had a gas mask on, helmet...etc.

I'm sorry maybe I'm just a little too conservative but if you cannot go to the movies dressed as a normal person without being bummed out for not dressing in costume, you need to reevalute your priorites.

You sound like a blast to hang out with.

Right now I think that it is best that costumes are off limits. It allows everything to calm down a bit hopefully. I'm not a fan of making the majority suffer for the minority but in this instance I think it might even be in bad taste to show up in costume even if it was allowed.

Well its possible they are going to allow it for children....I hope so, I certainly don't mind having kiddos coming in as Batman, that is just too cute.

Perhaps, time will tell. SERIOUSLY how the hell does one guy do this without help .

:facepalm::angry::argh::wall::exp::sbr::fst:

I'm enraged right now with this news at how much damage this Idiot James holmes has done not only to a very beloved fictional character I loved, But to a film and franchise that will now have a very controversial stamp to it's legacy and may in fact impact the development of future comic book films.

I wouldn't personally do it myself, but what is wrong with people who are taking almost three hours of their time to glorify their favorites by dressing up? Dressing in costumes can be fun. It can be argued that we all dress in costumes everyday. Fashion like "Geek Chic" or anything is like costumes.

Neighbors in the apartment also said that he was playing the same song over and over again, until someone called 9/11 and then about 20 minutes later it stopped.

Also, that professors both in San Diego and Univ. of Colorado say he was one of the brightest of the bright.

this could have happened during any film. This guy was looking for a spectacle, and he picked one of the biggest of summer 2012. It happened to be a batman movie. It has nothing to do with warner bros. or batman. Typical human nature to look for reasons for everything, to link things.

Anyways, Classy move by WB to cancel the premiere, but I really don't see the end success of TDKR faltering that much.

Perhaps, time will tell. SERIOUSLY how the hell does one guy do this without help .

:facepalm::angry::argh::wall::exp::sbr::fst:

I'm enraged right now with this news at how much damage this Idiot James holmes has done not only to a very beloved fictional character I loved, But to a film and franchise that will now have a very controversial stamp to it's legacy and may in fact impact the development of future comic book films.

And I'm sure that you are also very upset about the 12 people that were killed and those still hurt....right?

Oh and as for the whole "He was inspired by Joker" thing - so? He was going to be inspired by someone and you can't go being worried that some evil bastard will decide to emulate a character who is actually meant to be the bad guy! I mean, Alexander the Great wanted to be Akhilleus and so went about conquering but nobody says the Illiad should not have been written. Perhaps not the best example but I hope you get my point. I mean, surely characters like Daredevil and Punisher should be far more concerning, who kill and act as judge, jury and executioner to the approval of the writer?

A guy is being interviewed on Fox that before the movie started....(HE'S NOT SAYING THERE IS A CONNECTION, HE IS JUST SAYING WHAT WE ALL KNOW HAPPENS) but one guy was talking on his phone before the movie started, he went to the emergency exit and stood there with his foot in the door and signaled someone else to come in.

They still believe the guy worked alone...but it is pretty easy for the guy to have been in the theater, because he looks just like a regular guy....and then went and propped the door open. Very plausible....it all depends on where he was sitting as to how easy and undetected he was....

He could have left before the movie started, propped it open and just waited....which sounds to me exactly what he did....ya'll know once those lights are totally down, and we've seen people come in from those exits during the movie....AND if he was dressed up, hell yeah people would think it was part of the movie experience....

The guy had it planned well....

ABC Channel 7 in Denver reported this

The CALL7 Investigators have learned the gunman bought a ticket to the Batman movie, sat down for about 15 minutes, and then propped open the back door to the theater when it was dark. The gunman then went back to his car and parked it in the back of the theater, grabbed the guns and went in through the open back door.

Police said the man set off two devices with some type of irritant or smoke, then started shooting.

Moviegoers said they didn't know what was happening when they heard a hissing sound and smelled smoke. Some thought the attack was part of the movie, since it occurred during a battle scene about 20 minutes into the movie. Then they saw a silhouette of a person in the smoke at the front of the theater near the screen, pointing a gun at the crowd.

Neighbors in the apartment also said that he was playing the same song over and over again, until someone called 9/11 and then about 20 minutes later it stopped.

Also, that professors both in San Diego and Univ. of Colorado say he was one of the brightest of the bright.

Great.... the brightest of the bright. ****ing extremist.

this could have happened during any film. This guy was looking for a spectacle, and he picked one of the biggest of summer 2012. It happened to be a batman movie. It has nothing to do with warner bros. or batman. Typical human nature to look for reasons for everything, to link things.

Anyways, Classy move by WB to cancel the premiere, but I really don't see the end success of TDKR faltering that much.

That was in a conversation earlier on the news....you can't really just secure TDKR showings....a copy cat could use any movie....But, in this particular case, it is definitely looking like TDKR was a part of his mental state....I don't think we are going to be able to deny that, or explain it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"