And here we go....

Hype Life
When did you join the Hype?
What’s your favorite forum?
What brought you here?
What made you stay?
Who is your Hype Nemesis?
Fave smiley(s):
What is your current avatar? (post a pic of it if you want)
What is your Hype Pet Peeve?
Link us to a thread you really enjoy:

Real Life:
How old are you?
Where were you born?
What’s your job?
What kind of vehicle do you drive?
Dream car?
What is your greatest regret?
What is your greatest achievement?
High school mascot?
How do you like your steak?
What’s a bad habit of yours? Feel free to mention more if you’d like:
Favorite Place to Eat?
How many tattoos do you have?

Misc
If you could live in any fictional universe, what would it be, and why?
If you could be present for any historical event, what? Why?
Name three people, living or dead, you would want to have dinner with?
What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
What is your favorite TV show?
What is your best childhood memory?
An embarrassing moment?
Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
What is the last cd/mp3 you acquired?
Show us a sample of your handwriting?

:fhm:

If you had the power to erase one thread from Hype existence...what would it be?

Top 5 favorite bands/artists?

Who is your favorite director?

Who is your favorite actor?

Who is your favorite actress?

Who is your favorite film composer?

If you were given a chance to make a movie, what would the movie be about? Who would be in it? Explain why you chose them.

How do you define success?

How do you define failure?

if you could go on any game show, which would it be?

you're going on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, which member of the Hype would be your Phone-A-Friend?

Congrats, you've been cast on MTV's the Real World! Which 6 Hype members would you pick to live in a house with you? Why?

Which two Hype Members would you like to compete against in Jepoardy?
Which two Mods?

Who is your Hype drunken duet partner?
What will you sing?

What are your thoughts on remakes and prequels?

What are your thoughts on the '3D' wave that's hitting Hollywood?

*Universal Monsters Classics fan? Hammer? Both? Or None?

*Favorite kind of music? What performers? Bands?

Whats one moment that changed your life, that when it happen you knew things would never be the same for better or worse?

Whats one goal in life you'd love to achieve that you realistically feel will never happen?

Do u like fast food?

Do u like Fast and Furious movies? :)

hype life
when did you first join the hype?

mid to late 2003, right when speculation on a proposed 5th batman film was really starting to perculate.

what’s your favorite forum?

the movie forums...being character specific, the "batman" boards are fairly decent as well.

what brought you here?

what would eventually become "batman begins" and "spider-man 2" news.

what made you stay?

good, like minded people (at least as far as the internet is concerned) who seem to generally have a collectively great sense of humor and mutual passion for all that we're interested in.

who is your hype nemesis?

if life is already too short for confrontation, then interenet-based conflict seems even less necessary. I've butted heads here and there, but i think there's a general air of recpect in my favor. Just treat people with deceny.

fave smiley(s):

:hehe:

what is your current avatar? (post a pic of it if you want)

movie-batman, movie-spider-man and movie-superman revealing their logos before dashing off to the rescue. Perhaps in some weird way it means that my arrival in a thread harkens a rescue of sorts. Such is the folly of my own ego.

what is your hype pet peeve?

spelling...by far. As a writer, i can't stress enough the importance of patience. I know how craved some people can be to get the next big thread or be the first to get a news-story here...but just take your time. It won't mean anything if i can't read it clearly.

link us to a thread you really enjoy:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=317876

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=329197

i know it's self-serving, but i'm a fan of looking back over my work in these. In retrospect, seeing how i talked about certain films and the difference in attitude towards writing them between the comic films and science fiction films...there definately a sligth increase in maturity from one to the other and i quite like the presentational qualities i thought would be col at the time.

real life:
how old are you?

21...22 this april.

where were you born?

dallas, texas

what’s your job?

customer service associate at fry's electronics

what kind of vehicle do you drive?

i take the train...it's just more economical that way for right now.

dream car?

anton furst's batmobile from the tim burton productions.

what is your greatest regret?

not achieving self-discovery and sense of self sooner in life. I did accomplish it before i became a freshman in high school...which from what i understand is quite the feat...even so, i wish i could've been more as i am now back then. I suppose a good deal of people feel that way though, so i guess i don't regret it too much...especially since there are people who still haven't achieved this in the first place.

what is your greatest achievement?

as far as the hype is concerned, i think it's safe to say that i've finally come into my own. Initially, i was an ass...to say the least...and didn't treat people appropriately. But thanks to a swift kick in the pants by snipe and some other bat-board members, i quickly learned the importance of etiquette.

Now, thanks to my analysis of comic book-adapted cinema, there are people on this board who now belief i'm worthy of the name i came up for myself...which i'm just so humbled by.

As far as reality...the aforementioned. Being able to hold my head up and know exactly who i am for the majority of my life and being completely comfortable and happy with that. That's my greatest personal achievement to date, more so than any sort of material award or recognition i've received.

high school mascot?

wildcats!

]how do you like your steak?

medium rare.

what’s a bad habit of yours? Feel free to mention more if you’d like:

procrastination easily. I think a lot of you can identify. It's not that i'm bad about doing things, accomplishing tasks...so long as i have an emotional attachment that compells me.

For instance, i'm in film school now in dallas. Dallas is a market traditionally ruled by psas, commercials and corporate videos...not film as we know it. That makes it really difficult for me to relate to my peers since i'm more interested in narrative filmmaking and they aren't.

Another would also be time management, but that's too big to get into here.

favorite place to eat?

anything italian. Campisis, grimaldis...love it.

how many tattoos do you have?

none...yet. The silhouette of batman from the first cover of frank's "dark knight returns" was one i was interested in though.

misc
if you could live in any fictional universe, what would it be, and why?

for the sake of a change, i won't say a comic-book universe. I've recently become fascinated with the harsher realities of other fictional worlds...

It'd be highly dangerous, but the prospect of living in the universe as depicted in the 'alien' films seems like it'd be adventageous.

if you could be present for any historical event, what? Why?

hitler's closing speech from lani riefenstahl's 1935 film "triumph of the will." there's no question that he was evil incarnate...a horrible man. But that doesn't mean that he was without admirable qualities...charisma, breath, voice. You can't become a leader without those traits. And if anyone has seen the film, you can just feel the passion from within him.

Now of course i could've said something along the lines of dr. King's speeches for the civil rights movement...but that seems a bit more cliche. And nazi germany is something i find quite fascinating.

name three people, living or dead, you would want to have dinner with?

1: David cronenberg, director of "rabid," "shivers," "videodrome" and "spider."
2: Freddie mercury, frontman of "queen" who died losing his battle with aids.
3: Bret easton ellis, author of "glamorama," "less than zero" and "american psycho."

what was the last film you saw at the cinema?

"avatar" in imax 3d. I have a $50 card for cinemark, but i'm biding my time on what will be next.

what is your favorite tv show?

Currently, "Flash Forward" and "Glee."

as far as what i like in general..."star trek," "star trek: The next generation," "the dc animated universe" series, "the prisoner," "space 1999," "firefly," "dollhouse," "babylon 5," "smallville," "veronica mars," "heroes," "dark angel," "battlestar galactica (both versions)," "max headroom," "quantum leap," "blade: The series," "flash: The series," "terminator: The sarah connor chronicles."

Too many to mention, really, but those are off the top of my head.

what is your best childhood memory?

meeting the dallas cowboy cheerleaders was pretty sweet.

an embarrassing moment?

can't really think of one. Not that i've never had one, but i can't think of it now.

which store would you choose to max out your credit card?

fry's...employee discount.

what is the last cd/mp3 you acquired?

"the best of bond...james bond" -- a collection of all the lyrical themes from every 007 film.

show us a sample of your handwriting?

maybe some other time.

:fhm:

Last edited:
If you had the power to erase one thread from Hype existence...what would it be?

Whichever is the most mind-numblingly ridiculous I guess. But then there are too many of those...it's hard to single them out individually.

Top 5 favorite bands/artists?

Artists:

1: Prince
2: Bob Dylan
3: Peter Frampton
4: Eric Clapton
5: David Bowie

Bands:

1: U2
2: The Who
3: The Cure
4: Siouxsie and the Banshees
5: Blue Oyster Cult

Who is your favorite director?

God, there are way too many...

Alfred Hitchcock, David Cronenberg, John Carpenter, F.W. Murnau, Sam Peckinpaugh, Cecil B. Demille, Sydney Pollack, Mary Harron, Paul Verhoeven, Ridley Scott, Michael Curtiz, Stanley Kubrick.

And...despite all the attention he gets (and my belief that he is the 'un-educated' answer to this question)...Steven Spielberg. You gotta hand it to the guy, he knows exactly what he's doing.

Who is your favorite actor?

Tie: Humphrey Bogart and Sidney Poitier

Who is your favorite actress?

Tie: Chloe Sevigny and Sigourney Weaver

Who is your favorite film composer?

John Williams...followed closely by Jerry Goldsmith, Howard Shore, Bernard Hermann, Alan Silvestri, James Horner and Danny Elfman.

If you were given a chance to make a movie, what would the movie be about? Who would be in it? Explain why you chose them.

Well the only way I could see my be 'chosen' would have to be under circumstances of a dream job.

That said, I've always been partial to the idea, as many fans are, of adapting "The Dark Knight Returns" for the silver screen:

Bruce Wayne/Batman - Tom Selleck
Commissioner James Gordon - Sam Elliott
Carrie Kelley/Robin - Ellen Page
The Joker - David Bowie
Harvey Dent/Two-Face - Kevin Spacey
Oliver Queen/Green Arrow - Sean Connery
Selina Kyle - Gina Gershon
Commissioner Ellen Yindel - Anni Lennox
Lana Lang - Kathy Bates
Clark Kent/Superman - Patrick Warburton
Dr. Herbert Willing - Danny DeVito
Dr. Bartholemew Wolper - David Thewlis
Lola Chong - Ming Ma
President Ronald Reagan - James Brolin
Bruno - Chyna Doll
The Mutant Leader - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

Do you like to "Make it rain"?

I'm not sure what that means...so...no? I guess?

:hehe:

Last edited:
How do you define success?

I define as being fully satisfied and happy with your life. If that means earning a ton of money, go for it. If that means sexually conquering women, that's your perogative.

For me, success will come when I have reached a position of being able to express myself creatively for the right audience through film and writing...being financially stable enough to the point of taking care of all I could ever need or want...having my health...and finding the love of my life and creating a wonderful, loving family.

How do you define failure?

Failure, to me, means a number of things.

Forsaking what you love to do because expectations from your family, friends or what have you are placed upon you...

Sitting around and complaining about your life rather than getting up and doing something about it...

Settling or Compromising...in any form...

if you could go on any game show, which would it be?

'Double Dare'...that show was so much fun!

you're going on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, which member of the Hype would be your Phone-A-Friend?

Superferret.

Congrats, you've been cast on MTV's the Real World! Which 6 Hype members would you pick to live in a house with you? Why?

Superferret, Spider-Fan, Kevin Roegle, ComicChick, Sensi and Team Andino.

Which two Hype Members would you like to compete against in Jepoardy?

Joker and kedrell

Which two Mods?

Immortalfire and Marx

Who is your Hype drunken duet partner?

The Sage

What will you sing?

lol I don't know...my grandma drunk sings "We Are Family"...how about we try that?

What are your thoughts on remakes and prequels?

The only way I'd condone a remake is if it's doing so through a completely different pair of eyes. That's why I got into Rob Zombie's "Halloween"...because he took these characters and this story and showed it to us without the 'Carpenter-tinted' glasses...I can appreciate that more than, say, the mid-90s 'remake' of "Psycho" which was nothing more than a shot-for-shot accurate re-shooting of the material with Vince Vaughan (GUH!?) in the Norman Bates role.

What are your thoughts on the '3D' wave that's hitting Hollywood?

Well I guess you could say that 'Avatar" has ruined 3D in a way...because now, if a film isn't utilizing 3d in the way "Avatar" did then it's pointless.

The whole 'visual gag' of poking out at the audience...I could care less about and, most likely, it'll flicker out just as it always does.

But if a film approaches the technology along the same lines as "Avatar" in that the 3D is used to enhance the visual experience in a way that doesn't seem forced and obtrusive, then I'll certainly get behind that.

More 3D films like "Avatar"...bring it on.

More 3D films like "Friday the 13th Part III"...no thanks.

*Universal Monsters Classics fan? Hammer? Both? Or None?

Both...I've always loved Christopher Lee's collective performance as Dracula in those pictures, waging nocturnal battle with Peter Cushing's Van Helsing. I also love that that connection was made once more through "Star Wars."

And the Universal monsters are classic. I remember watching them every Halloween when I was a kid once I felt that trick-r-treating became outdated for me.

*Favorite kind of music? What performers? Bands?

Since I listed Bands and Artists before:

I'm a HUGE fan of 80s pop and glam. That's one of the reasons why I love "American Psycho" (the film and book)...There's something so kitschy and innocent yet overtly sexual and zealous about music like that. Frankie Goes to Hollywood's "Welcome to the Pleasuredome," Phil Collins' "Sussudio," all of Duran Duran's material...

Motion Picture Scores are always a must as well.

Metal is also great. I recently went to a concert at the Nokia with Marilyn Manson and Slayer and that kicked ass. Dope is also a favorite, especially all of there politicaly charged material during the turbulence of the Bush Administration.

I'm not really that bias when it comes to music. If it's catchy, well performed, well calibrated or appealing, I can get into it.

I've been listening to a combination of things lately...mostly Hip Hop, some Alternative.

The one thing musically I'm not that big one is a bucnh of the new stuff coming out. She might have a good voice, but I can't really stand Lady Gaga. It's not the theatrics, it's just the persona...gives off a vibe I'm not too up on.

Listening to a lot of what gets passed off as music today on KISSFM or what have you just makes me appreciate older material that much more.

Whats one moment that changed your life, that when it happen you knew things would never be the same for better or worse?

Standing up to my father in the wake of my parents divorce. I won't go into specifics here (far too personal) but that was a huge shift in persona...from then on I felt like I could honestly do anything.

Whats one goal in life you'd love to achieve that you realistically feel will never happen?

Having a father I can look up to and admire and love.

Do u like fast food?

Sure...but I think I've started to replace 'fast' with 'good fast'...:cwink:

For instance I don't eat McDonalds anymore...instead, it's Raisin' Canes Chicken Fingers.

hell yeah...

Do u like Fast and Furious movies?

meh...

The first one was pretty cool, but even back then I didn't quite see the appeal personally. I've seen them all for the sake of it and I know that they're culturally and aesthetically pleasing for a lot of people...but they're not really for me.

1. Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris?

2. Paper or Plastic?

3. Boxer or briefs?

4. Scented or unscented? (Extra points if you stick the movie quote)

1. Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris?

Bruce Lee, easily.

In fact I just watched Rob Cohen's "Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story"...great flick!

2. Paper or Plastic?

Plastic...I've had Paper bags tear and rip on me one too many times...Paper's a cruel mistress.

3. Boxer or briefs?

Boxers...Except Boxer Briefs DO enhance the bulge...nah, Boxers...having room is better.

4. Scented or unscented? (Extra points if you stick the movie quote)

"ugh, I'll come back later..."

have you ever posted commando?

what's an obstacle you've overcome or a significant event in your life that has impacted you greatly?

what was your favorite class in HS?

least favorite class in HS?

What kind of toothpaste do you use?

How many times a day do you brush your teeth?

What kind of cell phone do you have?

What's your default ringtone?

Is Smallville a good Superman TV show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"