15 Minutes 15 Minutes with Chris Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many times did you see 'The Dark Knight' in theaters?

Are you excited that Christopher Nolan has officially confirmed 'Batman 3'?

Who would you like to see as the villain or villains?

What actors would you like to play said villain or villains?

I only saw TDK once in theaters.
I'm interested & curious about Nolan's 3rd installment but not yet excited. I need to see what he has planned & determine if he can escape the dreaded 3rd act curse.
I'm hoping for Riddler & Catwoman, but have no clue who I'd want to play either. Riddler because I want Batman to have a true mental challenge & Catwoman because he needs to get his mind off of Rachel.

Why is Batman better than Batman Returns?

While both were heavily flawed, the first was far more entertaining. I felt like Returns just didn't make sense & Burton couldn't get out of the movie's way. I felt it contained a lot of stupid camp elements, ("In order to destroy Batman we must turn him into what he despises most"-I could so see Julie Newmar saying that) a lot of redundancy (killer clowns? Again?) HORRENDOUS dialogue (the "mistletoe" bit especially) and it just wasn't any fun for me. I've always hated the Penguin and turning him into a bizarre sideshow freak didn't change that. I felt Max was a completely unnecessary character and Batman himself didn't shine. He was more of a supporting character in Burton's world of oddities than a superhero. And he wasn't much of a hero at that. He didn't catch Catwoman, he didn't save the Ice Princess, (he just STOOD THERE!) killing Penguin was completely unnecessary-I could go on and on about what I didn't like about that movie. I've watched it 3 more times to see if I felt any differently & I still hate it. I actually found "Batman Forever" far more entertaining.

Do you like the Alien vs Predator movies?

While both were heavily flawed, the first was far more entertaining. I felt like Returns just didn't make sense & Burton couldn't get out of the movie's way. I felt it contained a lot of stupid camp elements, ("In order to destroy Batman we must turn him into what he despises most"-I could so see Julie Newmar saying that) a lot of redundancy (killer clowns? Again?) HORRENDOUS dialogue (the "mistletoe" bit especially) and it just wasn't any fun for me. I've always hated the Penguin and turning him into a bizarre sideshow freak didn't change that. I felt Max was a completely unnecessary character and Batman himself didn't shine. He was more of a supporting character in Burton's world of oddities than a superhero. And he wasn't much of a hero at that. He didn't catch Catwoman, he didn't save the Ice Princess, (he just STOOD THERE!) killing Penguin was completely unnecessary-I could go on and on about what I didn't like about that movie. I've watched it 3 more times to see if I felt any differently & I still hate it. I actually found "Batman Forever" far more entertaining.

I agree with you there. Outside of B&R, Batman Returns is my least favorite Batman film. Now if they only gotten a better director for Batman Forever......

Last edited:
THey went from one extreme to the other. Burton's was too dark, too "out there", Schumacher's was too light & campy. There were a lot of good elements to BF in my opinion, but the nipples & the goofy atmosphere distracted from them. But it did well & Schumacher got the green light to just do whatever he wanted, and he ran with it. The end result was a movie that felt like a 6-year-old wrote it. Nolan was able to undo the damage but at the cost of the "comic book feel". He put Batman in the "real world" but I fear he may have actually gone too far as well.

THey went from one extreme to the other. Burton's was too dark, too "out there", Schumacher's was too light & campy. There were a lot of good elements to BF in my opinion, but the nipples & the goofy atmosphere distracted from them. But it did well & Schumacher got the green light to just do whatever he wanted, and he ran with it. The end result was a movie that felt like a 6-year-old wrote it. Nolan was able to undo the damage but at the cost of the "comic book feel". He put Batman in the "real world" but I fear he may have actually gone too far as well.

I understand. Shumacher was the biggest problem and imo he single-handedly kept BF from being the best Batman film ever. I posted my opinion of Nolan's approach in the realism thread.

Which leads me to my next question. Actually two questions

Where do you see the Batman franchise going when Nolan is done with the next film?

What do you want to happen with the Batman Franchise when Nolan is done?

Hopefully, we'll get a happy medium. I'd like to see more fantastic elements/events from the comics incorporated into the films. And it would be really great if they could accomplish this without A-spitting on what Nolan's done so far, or B-rebooting again.

I do, actually.

I like em too. But Im a disappointed at the meaningless ending of the second AVP.

How do you feel about the Alien and Predators returning to their solo franchises

Which animal do you think should be bigger in size?

An animal that should be bigger? Probably the panther.
I don't know that I so much have a favorite restaurant-it's whatever place I'm in the mood for. But when I go out I typically want something involving shrimp.

Using your detective skills from my posts and my information, what would say I looked like? Use a picture to describe me.

Using your detective skills from my posts and my information, what would say I looked like? Use a picture to describe me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"