15 Minutes 15 Minutes with Figs

Status
Not open for further replies.
You read Morrison's current run on Batman & Robin? If so how good is it?

I don't care to take the time anymore to go to my comic shop to buy single issues so I just preorder all the trade paperbacks on Amazon. I'm basically a year or so behind everyone who reads the singles. With that being said I recieved the tpb of Batman & Robin a week ago but haven't had the time to read it. I am looking forward to it though.

Favorite TV Show

Rescue Me

Favorite Science Fiction Film

Aside from Alien and Blade Runner which are a lot of people's favorites for good reason I would have to say either Dark City or The Matrix off the top of my head.

Alien or Blade Runner

Hmm...I guess Alien but this is a ***** of a question. :oldrazz:

Alien or Aliens?

Alien again. I really like Aliens but the first film I think was better overall. Especially since you don't realize 'til Ash malfunctions and spills the beans to Ripley, that they were told to inspect that ship because Weyland-Yutani secretly wanted the Alien to be brought back. In the second film you already know this so it's more of shoot and kill movie without any surprise elements like that, plus the first film I felt had better Cinematography and atmosphere.

You watch Lost? If not you should. You don't know what you're missing.

My gf and I have it on our Netflix cue. We're going to give the 1st season a chance and if we like it we'll watch the rest.

What up,
Are you into the NFL at all, if so who's your team?

I'm only a casual sports fan, meaning I enjoy watching some games or going to them with some friends but can't get into them hardcore. My friends have tried over time but when it seems like homework to try to remember all these players and their stats, that's when I knew I could never become a hardcore sports fan, just don't have that much interest in it. My favorite baseball team is the A's, football is the 49'rs and hockey is the Sharks. I don't pay too much attention to Basketball or Golf.

Describe your perfect day.

Waking up to some sex, eating a nice breakfast(I don't eat breakfast enough since i'm not a morning person). Do something productive like house/backyard work that makes me feel good about accomplishing something. Catch a movie that i've been wanting to see for awhile. Getting together with some friends to BBQ(can't wait for the summer to finally get here)and tip back a few. Relax a bit then before I go to bed, hopefully some more sex. :awesome:

I believe I've seen you posting in the High-Def thread so I believe you've upgrades to Blu-ray. What do you think, would you say that high definition definitely lives up to the hype and is worth the upgrade to you?

If I'm mistaken, and you haven't, do you plan to anytime soon?

Although my TV is a bit older, it's flatscreen, 1080i but not widescreen size I can definitely tell the difference in Blu-Ray to where I think it is worth it. It will only look and get better for me when I eventually upgrade my TV with a better sound system too. I've even noticed the small quality change when I watch normal DVD's on it as well.

I'm really happy that I upgraded but I wish I had more money to up my collection, especially since I want to rebuy some select films I already own on regular DVD.

Tron, although i've seen you post recently, I can't remember your name that well. Did you change your name from something else or has that always been the one you've used? Just curious because you've said you saw me post in the Hi-def thread but I can't quite remember you.

Last edited:
Tron, although i've seen you post recently, I can't remember your name that well. Did you change your name from something else or has that always been the one you've used? Just curious because you've said you saw me post in the Hi-def thread but I can't quite remember you.

I changed my name from Teardrop a couple of a months ago, maybe you remember that name?

Yeah, now I remember you Teardrop!

Yep :yay:

Anyway, guess I should end on a question:

I see you were planning to see the Nightmare on Elm Street remake coming this month. Are you seeing it because you're a fan of the franchise or because you think it looks good or a combination of both? In general, what's your expectations for the film?

Also, what have you thought of all of the various horror remakes over the past couple of years?

Yeah, Figs, I don't get monthlies either. I'd rather wait until they come out in the GN format. It's easier. Plus it's easier to organize. The Morrison volume came in the mail for my birthday. The wait is killing me.

Are you seeing Iron Man 2 on opening night?

Favorite Rocky sequel.

Top Five Comic Book Movies

Favorite Celebrity Crush

Yep :yay:

Anyway, guess I should end on a question:

I see you were planning to see the Nightmare on Elm Street remake coming this month. Are you seeing it because you're a fan of the franchise or because you think it looks good or a combination of both? In general, what's your expectations for the film?

Also, what have you thought of all of the various horror remakes over the past couple of years?

I'm mainly wanting to see NoES because of Jackie Earle Haley. I think he'll make a pretty damn good Freddy in the remake. I won't exactly say i'm a fan of the franchise but more of a fan of the original. Around the time I was in late grade school, I had watched all the slasher movie sequels and they were enjoyable at that age but around middle school when I started getting into other horror films is when I noticed how bad they were, happens to a lot of films with age of course.

My expectations are that Haley will do a great job and the movie will have some pretty good violence but I don't think it will have the creepy atmosphere and visuals involved in the dream sequences that I would like. I'm not expecting much from the WB/CW(or whatever the hell it's called)pretty boys and girls in this. Just like almost every actor in past slasher films...their careers won't make it far. I think the only two that actually got far were Kevin Bacon in the original F13th and Jamie Lee Curtis from Halloween. Basically, with slasher films all those young wannabes are just there for the kills, it's highly unlikely they will actually have some kind of acting talent.

I haven't cared for too many of the horror remakes this past decade. I'm a huge fan of the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre and thought the remake was ******, due to that I skipped the prequel. Zombie's Halloween was alright but I didn't care for the redneck background thing(move away from that Rob! It's gotten old!)and I won't see the sequel since I hear it's absolutely horrible.

The Omen was a waste of time and money since it was practically identical to the original. I think the only remakes I liked were, The Hills Have Eyes and that was mainly because I never cared for the original so I just watched it like it was a new film instead of comparing the two. Friday the 13th I enjoyed more than the originals despite the creators dumb decision to have him keep a hostage...I don't care if she was wearing his mom's necklace it was still stupid. As for other horror remakes, i'm fairly sick of how many are getting pumped out now days. I'm going to stay the hell away from The Thing remake(or is it a sequel now?) and the Hellraiser remake, that's for damn sure.

Yeah, Figs, I don't get monthlies either. I'd rather wait until they come out in the GN format. It's easier. Plus it's easier to organize. The Morrison volume came in the mail for my birthday. The wait is killing me.

Nice! So i'm not the only one a year behind with the stories. :hehe:

Are you seeing Iron Man 2 on opening night?

Now that I was recently reminded that it's not going to be in 3D i'll be seeing it on Imax for the midnight showing.

Favorite Rocky sequel.

Rocky IV. The original is still the best but as for sequels this one is my favorite. With a line like "I must break you!" it wasn't hard to decide. :woot: A few other reasons I prefer this sequel over the others is because Rocky's best friend dies, which not only added drama but kept the movie from having every main player invincible. That and I also liked when Drago tells his trainer "He's not human. He's like a piece of iron." Shows just how much strength, stamina and driving force Balboa had.

Only downside was the speech that Rocky gave at the end, it was a bit sappy. I know it was during the 80's and we still had the Cold War issues going on between us and Russia but the way it was worded and played out he might as well have said "Can't we all hold hands!" :hehe:

Top Five Comic Book Movies

In no particular order
1. Batman Begins
2. The Dark Knight
3. Iron Man
4. Spider-man 2
5. Unbreakable(if this one doesn't count then I guess Watchmen)

Favorite Celebrity Crush

Zoe Saldana, when I saw her as Uhura in the new Star Trek and a few interviews after that...not as Ney'tiri in Avatar. :oldrazz:

A second pick would probably have to go to Hayden Panettiere.

It's also good to know I'm not the only one who reads GN's. And Unbreakable is excellent. I think I would count it. And Rocky Balboa could be my favorite sequel. Although Rocky IV gets me pumped.

Han Solo or Indiana Jones?

Favorite Star Wars character.

What do you think of Joss Whedon directing The Avengers?

Favorite Horror Film

Do you consider The Killing Joke overrated? I prefer Azzaralo's Joker myself.

Have you played Batman: Arkham Asylum?

It's also good to know I'm not the only one who reads GN's. And Unbreakable is excellent. I think I would count it. And Rocky Balboa could be my favorite sequel. Although Rocky IV gets me pumped.

Han Solo or Indiana Jones?

Indiana Jones, has a bit of the same smartass attitude but with more sophistication.

Favorite Star Wars character.

Jabba the Hutt. :hehe:

What do you think of Joss Whedon directing The Avengers?

Wasn't sure at first but after hearing from a lot of people who know his work, it sounds like he may actually do a good job.

Favorite Horror Film

The Thing

Do you consider The Killing Joke overrated? I prefer Azzaralo's Joker myself.

I don't find The Killing Joke overrated. I think the reason it's recommended so often is because it's a pretty damn good story...for Joker at least. I do understand that not everyone will agree with the praise it gets but i've always enjoyed it and love it for some of the things that have stuck with the character ever since. He paralized Batgirl, the whole thing about "multiple choice" when it comes to him trying to think how he got that way and trying to break Gordon of his morals and beliefs/sanity.

I do like Azzaalo's Joker a lot too. With his it felt more like an elseworld's type of book though. I can't remember if it was supposed to be an elseworld story or if it was just a one shot that they left up to the individual as to if it can go with the canon or not.

Have you played Batman: Arkham Asylum?

Not yet. I'm waiting for it to go down in price before I buy it. I don't own a PS3 so I have to borrow my sister's. I don't want to buy a full priced game when I won't always have the system to play it on.

I like The Killing Joke too, and I like the psychological angles it has. I just think it gets a little too much praise. Moore did the smart thing with the "multiple choice" thing. People like myself don't favor an origin or chemical bath in the creation for the Joker. To me, the Joker is the Joker, no one else. Plus, I think I prefer Joker because it's the Joker I've had in my head for so long. The all over the map emotions of the Joker is something I always imagined.

But anyway, what is your favorite Gary Oldman role.

Favorite Johnny Depp role.

Favorite LOTR film.

Favorite Kubrick film

I like The Killing Joke too, and I like the psychological angles it has. I just think it gets a little too much praise. Moore did the smart thing with the "multiple choice" thing. People like myself don't favor an origin or chemical bath in the creation for the Joker. To me, the Joker is the Joker, no one else. Plus, I think I prefer Joker because it's the Joker I've had in my head for so long. The all over the map emotions of the Joker is something I always imagined.

While I don't mind the acid bath since it's been done 3-4 times(I think)in the comics, I also prefer not really knowing how Joker got like that. He's one character in comics that has enough depth that you don't need to know all of his origins to 'know him'.

But anyway, what is your favorite Gary Oldman role.

This is a really hard question because he's one of my favorite actors and I like most of his roles...regardless if the critics say he goes over the top in a number of them. I would probably have to pick either Drexl Spivey from True Romance or Beethoven in Immortal Beloved.

Favorite Johnny Depp role.

Raoul Duke in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas or Ed Wood in Ed Wood. I also really liked him in Benny & Joon.

Favorite LOTR film.

Two Towers but I love them all. About a month ago I finally watched all 3 extended editions back to back...epic.

Favorite Kubrick film

A Clockwork Orange followed by Dr. Strangelove and 2001.

Good questions by the way. :woot:

Favurite Actor but not appearing in enough movies?

Favorite Actor but not appearing in enough movies?

Hmmm...just about all my favorite actors already appear in a good number of films. I guess I would have to pick Daniel Day Lewis.

What product or invention is overused by humans?

Underused?

What product or invention is overused by humans?

Underused?

Overused...hands down cellphones. Seriously, You don't need to be on that damn thing all the ****ing time. I don't care who you are, talking or texting someone that often is ridiculous.

Underused, no idea...floss?

Whats been your favorite Mainstream Horror movie of the last 10 years.

whats your favorite Indie Film of the last 10 years.

Of all the horror remakes in the last 10 years or so which one has been your favorite and least favorite.

Plus last one which Horror movie do you think is underrated?

Should Ghost Rider be a R Rated movie?

Whats been your favorite Mainstream Horror movie of the last 10 years.

The Descent or 28 Days Later

whats your favorite Indie Film of the last 10 years.

Memento

Of all the horror remakes in the last 10 years or so which one has been your favorite and least favorite.

I guess Dawn of the Dead or Friday the 13th for favorite. Least favorite is The Fog or Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Plus last one which Horror movie do you think is underrated?

The Host or Splinter

Should Ghost Rider be a R Rated movie?

Although I never took the time to get into Ghost Rider, from the few issues i've read and just the subject matter itself I would say that it would probably be better with an R rating. Blade got an R rating and did pretty damn well. Only problem with the next GR film is the last one probably left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths.

Does Nic Cage make a good Ghost rider?

After/when the comic book licenses dry up financially for the studios, what's your theory as to what adaptations will be the next be thing? Video Games? Anime/Manga? ...Board Games?

Does Nic Cage make a good Ghost rider?

I guess lol. I haven't read enough of the comics for a good comparison but Nic Cage is usually fun to watch most of the time...even when he's pretty bad.

What didn't you like about the TCM remake?

They turned what wasn't really a slasher film into something of a slasher film for the remake. I didn't like how they kind of tried to make it a bit hip having the kids selling pot and going to a Lynyrds Skynyrd show. Although the pot/concert thing was a real minor complaint from me I just think they kind of ruined what Tobe Hooper did. The biggest complaint I have is the remake got rid of the insanity aspect near the end, where the girl is sitting at the table going mad from everything she's been through and seen. I understand it's a remake but I simply didn't like the route they took with it.

And good choice with Splinter. a underrated monster movie.

Yeah, I took a chance and randomly bought it and ended up liking it quite a bit.

After/when the comic book licenses dry up financially for the studios, what's your theory as to what adaptations will be the next be thing? Video Games? Anime/Manga? ...Board Games?

Personally I think the comic book films will be going strong for awhile still, which i'm happy about. Most likely it will be Anime/Manga and Board Games like you suggested, especially since those are already looming on the horizon with talks about Ninja Scroll, Akira, Monopoly and Battleship movies.

Which is the best casting in any comic book movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"