The Amazing Spider-Man 15 things you (probably) didn't know about the amazing spider-man

GuestStar2004

Avenger
Reaction score
I couldn't think of where to post this so i will do it in a new thread, shortlist have posted 15 things you may not know about the movie

http://www.shortlist.com/entertainm...ably)-didnt-know-about-the-amazing-spider-man

1. Michael Papajohn, who you may remember as Uncle Ben's killer in the first Sam Raimi Spider-Man film, has a small role as the limo driver of Dr. Ratha, played by Irrfan Khan

2. Paul Feig, director of Bridesmaids and The Heat, was asked by director Marc Webb to spend a bit of time working on some of the high school scenes in the film. When it comes to a convincing portrait of teenage life, Feig's your man. He also created Freaks and Geeks.

3. Other actors considered for the role of Peter Parker included Aaron Johnson, Logan Lerman and Jamie Bell. Hunger Games star Josh Hutcherson even screen tested for the part

4. It was the first Hollywood movie to be filmed with the RED Epic camera. Since then, The Hobbit and Prometheus have also utilised the same technology.

5. During the initial casting process, Donald Glover, aka Childish Gambino, went to Twitter to encourage followers to tweet #donald4spiderman. As a nod to this, there's a picture of him visible in Peter's bedroom.

6. In the original script, Curt Connors, aka The Lizard, had a family and his wife was set to be played by Annie Parisse, best known for Law & Order and The Following.

7. When Andrew Garfield first tried on the Spider-Man costume, it reduced him to tears. He still hasn't elaborated why, but we've decided it's either because of the grandiosity of the character and due to the suit being too tight.

8. Originally proposed to be the first in a new trilogy, the number of films was increased from three to four half way through post-production of its sequel. The number of films has increased even more, with three projected spin-offs in the works, bring the total number of Amazing projects to seven.

9. The film was released on the 50th Anniversary of Spider-Man's first comic book appearance created by Stan Lee - in Amazing Fantasy #15 in 1962.

10. In order to make the fight scenes and spidey's web-slinging more realistic, director Marc Webb insisted on more stunt men and less CGI. The stuntmen would be attached to rigs on the streets of Harlem, which in turn would be hundreds of feet long.

11. Rhys Ifans's Lizard was originally meant to be joined on screen by two other villains. The first, Big Wheel - a character only talked about in the franchises earliest stages, was left out completely. The second was to be Proto-Goblin. Although neither appear in the film, Dr. Rajit Ratha, the character poised to become Proto-Goblin, does.

12. A host of young actresses were considered for the part of Gwen Stacy. Mia Wasikowska, Anna Kendrick, Ophelia Lovibond and Lindsay Lohan were all at one time or another considered for the role which ultimately went to Emma Stone.

13. The film deals with specific plot elements taken from the first seven issues of the Spider-Man comic. These included the origins of his powers at Oscorp as well as a battle between Spidey and a villain at his high school.

14. Marc Webb stated at Comic Con that Andrew Garfield "became obsessed" with Spider-Man and Peter Parker's movement after the character is bitten by the spider. Webb said that "[Andrew] would spend hours developing poses and postures and even getting his knuckles and elbows to move in a certain position".

15. Real-life couple Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone originally met during her screen test for the movie. Garfield said "It was like I woke up when she came in… It was like diving into whitewater rapids and having no desire to hang onto the side. Throughout shooting, it was wild and exciting."

I couldn't think of where to post this so i will do it in a new thread, shortlist have posted 15 things you may not know about the movie

That is interesting that they almost had 3 villains in the movie and that one was a villain that like no one knows about a very unpopular villain. Also I had no idea about the guy form sm 1 was in the movie.

I remember that that buglar from SM 1 was suppose to have a role there. Thank you for reminding me.

6. In the original script, Curt Connors, aka The Lizard, had a family and his wife was set to be played by Annie Parisse, best known for Law & Order and The Following.

They should have left that in.

They actually had his family cast at some point... and filmed some scenes.

:csad:

#15 must have hit Emma right in the feels.

It's no wonder they're still together :funny:

Michael Papajohn, the carjacker from Spider-Man (2002), appears as Dr. Ratha’s driver Alfred.

801b4ff6b60d9e4481fc1b29e0be1c7b_650x.jpg

I don't think there was any Mrs Connors. I don't remember seeing an actress cast as her. Maybe I am wrong but I only remember Billy.

I don't think there was any Mrs Connors. I don't remember seeing an actress cast as her. Maybe I am wrong but I only remember Billy.
I believe Annie Parisse was cast as Martha Connors. I don't know if they filmed any of her scenes or cut her character before production began.

I believe they filmed her scenes but they never made it to the final cut, a lot of the connors stuff was change during the production I think

There is a scene where Peter finds connors in the school bathroom and he asks Peter for help... Which doesn't link with anything we have seen in the film or other deleted scenes so it's a weird thing to film

I do think it's a shame they cut the Peter interaction with connors in the sewer though

I believe they filmed her scenes but they never made it to the final cut, a lot of the connors stuff was change during the production I think

There is a scene where Peter finds connors in the school bathroom and he asks Peter for help... Which doesn't link with anything we have seen in the film or other deleted scenes so it's a weird thing to film

They really butchered that movie with the editing, didn't they? I was so confused by that bathroom scene. It doesn't make sense with everything else we know about the film... it's like they just filmed Peter picking him up from the bathroom to see if they could use it.

I do think it's a shame they cut the Peter interaction with connors in the sewer though

Oh gosh, that was such an awful decision. That scene was really amazing and it also gave us some closure on Dr. Ratha's character. Instead we get a scene of Peter walking into Dr. Connors' sewer lab and finding his laptop open. Isn't it convenient that all of Connors' plans are right there for Peter to look at?

I didn't see the driver.

A lot of these things are unneeded to know.

The text said first 7 issues of Spider-Man series, it made it sound like the Amazing Spider-Man, not Ultimate Spider-Man.
But I knew that in the first arc.

12. A host of young actresses were considered for the part of Gwen Stacy. Mia Wasikowska, Anna Kendrick, Ophelia Lovibond and Lindsay Lohan were all at one time or another considered for the role which ultimately went to Emma Stone.

Can anyone imagine?

Would you really want Lohan in a Spider-Man movie though?

Kind of sad that this Spider-Man film will be the forgotten film of the franchise. TASM2 will at least be remembered as the franchise killer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"