1899 (from the creators of Dark)

I was wondering the same thing myself. I agree that if it is English, the audio is slightly off. Maybe more than one language was used, depending on the actor.

You have to set your captions settings to watch it subbed in English but not dubbed in English.

I love all of the different languages... Danish might be my favorite within the series.

Finished episode 5/6 last night - holy.

I loved Dark and I intended to start this at some point... but it seems pointless to do it now.

Can someone tell Netflix to stop scrapping popular shows for five measly minutes?

I won’t start a new series on Netflix until it got renewed or is a mini-series.
Very frustrating situation.
Biohackers was one of the worst things I‘ve seen and got renewed and this masterpiece doesn’t???

This is so insane, like why even bother with anything from Netflix anymore?
They are not right in their head.
I mean they havent yet Renewed Wednesday...a show that got Stranger Things numbers and stuff...like who runs Netflix? A Monkey with Fever?

Its so pointless getting invested in any show...especially when its built for more seasons.

Such a shame this was cancelled, whilst it wasnt in just the same league as Dark for me, it was still a pretty good show. And whilst you could argue that the main story was pretty much told in S1, I think the last 5 mins of the finale opened up the potential for so much more to be explored in S2.

Netflix seem to have a very short term view of their returns on some of these properties, the show was only released a short time ago and already cancelled. Surely some shows are more of a slow burn and acquire a fan base over time as opposed to say, the sudden rush of views when something like a new Stranger Things season is released?

Netflix only renews stuff, if it’s gonna be famous on tiktok during the first weeks.
Imagine something like House of Cards being released these days…

Netflix gave DARK a bigger budget and then gave them this show, why pull the rug out now - wtf?

Very disappointing.

I know the show wasn't cheap but it seemed like the viewership and reactions were strong enough to get another season, at least. Why commit to doing this type of show if you're not going to reap the benefits of the long play?

Up there with THE OA as one of Netflix's most frustrating cancellations.

This is why more and more people don't really bother getting engaged with new Netflix shows anymore, because they could just get cancelled at any moment due to flimsy-at-best reasons. It's like if a show isn't immediately as big a lightning in the bottle as Stranger Things, they scrap it. I genuinely just don't understand the mindset here.

I hope after Stranger Things Netflix is OVER

They still release a lot of good movies and limited series but I totally agree with the frustration about how they handle these shows that are intended as multiple seasons. It either has to be very cheap to make or insanely popular, nothing in between survives no matter its artistic merit or potential to grow in popularity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"