1960's Hank Pym: CGI-tweaked Micheal Douglas or separate actor?

Tymminator

The Main Man in Minnesota
Reaction score
I'm just trying to get a pulse of what route people think Wright will go.

Last edited:
I'm flipping a coin, on this one. it'd probably be easier to just use CGI. but using an actor gives him more options; story-wise.

I went for seperate actor... Like Ant-Manic said, more options story wise. Plus who knows with a seperate actor he could pop up in Agent Carter or maybe even spinoff to a retro Ant-Man film

An actor, too keep a 60s retro Ant-Man film (or a 60s MCU) a possibility

Definitely Michael Douglas. Technology has come a long way, even since Tron legacy, and they're only going to need to do it for a 10 minute prologue or less.

Ant-man getting a prequel let alone a sequel is a s***y pipe dream, IMO. We need to be realistic here.

I went for seperate actor... Like Ant-Manic said, more options story wise. Plus who knows with a seperate actor he could pop up in Agent Carter or maybe even spinoff to a retro Ant-Man film

Retro Ant-Man would be a cool name for a movie. :woot:

Ant-man getting a prequel let alone a sequel is a s***y pipe dream, IMO. We need to be realistic here.
as is Nikolaj Coster-Waldau getting cast as the lead in a major blockbuster movie.
But tastes differ.
And personally I would like the MCU to branch out a little bit more in their timeline

as is Nikolaj Coster-Waldau getting cast as the lead in a major blockbuster movie.
But tastes differ.
And personally I would like the MCU to branch out a little bit more in their timeline

:huh:

Marvel have one of the best track records for unconventional casting. NCW is a bad place of a lot bigger than Chris Hemsworth was when they cast him in Thor. He's also been on their radar before(he was heavily rumoured to be in contention for a role in TWS) and can handle comedic and dramatic elements as well as all Marvel leads have required, and has a pretty big following from GoT. There is absolutely no reason to think he's any less likely to be in consideration than any other actor.

An Antman movie that takes place entirely in the 60s on the other hand? About as likely as scott adkins getting Iron Fist lmao

why? we already had a Cap movie that takes place in the 40s, a TV show planned that takes place in the late 40s/early 50s and then suddenly a huge gap in the storyline until the 2000s. It is only logical to fill that gap sometime.

Separate actor for sure. There's no reason to go the CGI route, IMO.

1. Does anyone have an example of someone being convincingly de-aged via CGI by close to 50 years? Didn't think so.
2. It opens up so many possibilities that can picked up by later properties at later dates.
3. Less expensive. While Marvel/Disney have deep pockets, this would be a case of unnecessarily expending money, time and effort.
4. Marvel has already gone this route with John Slattery/Dominic Cooper playing old/young Howard Stark.

It all depends on what the story is. If it is a lot of Young 70s Hank Pym, for example they continuously cut back to flashbacks to show how its effecting now and Scott Lang, then maybe a different actor. If its a few small scenes to establish the past and Pym's Ant Man days then maybe CG but I am unsure. How much is the budget for the film? Wright usually is low budget right? Not a ton of effects?

Scott Pilgrim had a ton of special effects. They were testing effects with various visual effects houses in London when they made the test footage a few years ago.

Kevin Feige said Ant-Man is going to have Marvel's typical summer tentpole budget so a 100 million plus is likely the budget.

I'm pretty sure it will be $150m like the phase 1 solo movies....which, considering this is being done by a director that makes a $90m budget looks 2x that and the power of Ant-Man overall is not that expensive in the first place while being a really cool concept, has the makings of one of the best looking movies of the summer.

Unknown actor that looks like a young Douglas.

Enough with the CGI de-aging of old actors! Marvel's had enough

wolverine32.jpg

Lol thats a terrible example. Nothing about that film was good, so why would that scene be good?

Lets wait until we see Captain America: the Winter Soldier and see how they've aged Peggy with CGI to see if the technology has come far enough to do it convincingly enough.

I origins picked serperate actor when I made this poll, but I've changed my mind.

If Agent Carter lasts long enough, I really want Pym to appear on that show. Given this, separate actor would make a lot of sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"