Superman Returns 2 New billboards spotted

I think its good that they put up a big billboard like that. In two different cities.

Metropolis_Man said:
Wait a second.....you new avatar is the best one yet.

I got to fix it up on a better program at work, but yeah I like it to.

I like the teaser billboard, great homage to Christopher Reeve and STM

musclesforsupes said:
I like the teaser billboard, great homage to Christopher Reeve and STM

:up: Yes. Its a great homage to the past. I'd like to see the picture from Time magazine as a billboard, the good shot of him flying.

I quite like the billboard. It reminds me of the Superman: The Movie poster, which I always thought was a great poster both conceptually and the way it was composed.

I think you all forget that the vast majority of people who see that billboard will do so as they drive by, only catching a fairly brief glimpse of it. If it were anything more than what it is, then they'd miss the overall effect. This way, a glimpse is all that you need to get everything the billboard is intended to bring out emotionally.

Wesyeed said:
x-superman-1978-jj-1.jpg
the original

I always loved that poster :up:

scifiwolf said:
I think you all forget that the vast majority of people who see that billboard will do so as they drive by, only catching a fairly brief glimpse of it. If it were anything more than what it is, then they'd miss the overall effect. This way, a glimpse is all that you need to get everything the billboard is intended to bring out emotionally.

Very good point my furry friend. All they need to see is the \S/ logo. I also bet that the streak on the poster will look extra cool as they streak by in their cars.

scifiwolf said:

Assuming they're all doing 100 mph, within the city limits, your argument will stick :up:

Metropolis_Man said:
I think its good that they put up a big billboard like that. In two different cities.

Think we'll get any around our parts of the boonies? Man I hope so. I wish they'd put a big lit up one right in my front yard. I'd let them, you know.

If the put it up in your parts Metropolisman, then there will be "Smokeys" parked behind it waiting to catch the "Bandit".

M.E.H.Z.E.B said:
Assuming they're all doing 100 mph, within the city limits, your argument will stick :up:
I didn't say it'd go by in a blurry flash, but it's not like most commters will be able to take their attention off the road for very long to sit and gawk at that billboard. Not if they don't wanna rear-end the car in front of them.

I'm glad they're starting put up billboards. Though I mus admit i would have much rather have had new artwork (prefarably the new poster) seeing that we've been staring at that same logo for months now.

ohmshalone said:
(Check homepage) And if you ask me, they're crap

Crap? How? I think they're great, and if that's all we get now i'm fine with it. Atlest SR is getting some promotion with them. :up:

I think I know what WB is trying to do here. Remember they said the trailer will be comming out in May there're probably stalling by giving us this billboard.

I would just like to inform for all that might doubt these billboards, I just saw the Times Square billboard in person (pictures will be coming later) and the thing is truly amazing. It's a beautiful thing. Then again, I loved it in the BT pictures as well, so I may not be the objective observer some would want making the judgement, but oh well.

Superman \S/ said:
Crap? How? I think they're great, and if that's all we get now i'm fine with it. Atlest SR is getting some promotion with them. :up:
read a later post of mine

It looks better when you see the real thing.

It nice to see the billboard brought up the old taglines & the look on SR take from the first Supes movie. Give it nostigla(sp?) feeling & to let the general public know a new Supes movie is coming. :)

Nivek said:
It's a teaser poster, no different than the Bat Symbol from last summer.
There was never a teaser poster for Begins that featured only the symbol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"