2012/2013 NBA thread: Chasing the Dream - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lebron can do more than Magic!!! Are you insane!

I get the feeling that some of you have no understanding of the history of this game. You just hear sound clips & regurgitate them.

To say Lebron can do more than Magic is just insanity! Insanity!

On both ends of the court? no it's not. Lebron is the vastly superior scorer as well.

And I never said Lebron was Jordan. I pretty much said in my post that he play's HIS game and not Jordan's. But I will say that Jordan isn't Lebron either.

Do you even know what a Crab Dribble is? Just out of curiosity. More likely you're going to youtube it.

Michael did a crab dribble, which led him to dunking on Ewing, not a travel. Not sure what you're getting at?

My Team? The Sacramento Kings

Lol. I don't have to youtube it boy. I was there. I watched it live on the tube or in the arena.

Which time are you talking about? The Bulls made the Knicks there little b**ch in the 90's, so it could be any time.

You talking about the time Jordan screamed at him after dunking on him? Well he did it because the had just put a big ole knot on Pippen's dome. So Jordan did what Jordan did. He punked out Ewing. Simple as that.

Now I understand. You are still crying over the Lakers series over 10 years ago.
Dont remember. Here is a Youtube video to help you remember.
[YT]DksSPZTZES0[/YT]

Ooops that Timberlakes, Cry Me A River. No difference really I guess.:o

On both ends of the court? no it's not. Lebron is the vastly superior scorer as well.

And I never said Lebron was Jordan. I pretty much said in my post that he play's HIS game and not Jordan's. But I will say that Jordan isn't Lebron either.

You seriously need to learn your NBA history. Seriously.

Lebron will never was, & never will be Jordan. Get over it!

& that stats speak. Jordan's foul per game ratio is way, way lower than LBJ's.

For f**k's sake why can't Lebron just be Lebron. Why can't Kobe just be Kobe? Jeez!!!

This is why it is hard for me to enjoy Lebron.

Jordan changed the game. Do you people understand that! Every layup. every dunk that happens in the NBA has DNA of Jordan, & Dr. J.

Lebron is an amazing player to watch...But he isn't changing the game. I have yet to have a (I have never seen that before) moment.

Just let Lebron be Lebron! Everytime Jordan's name is spoken in the same breath as his. It takes me out of enjoying him.

Please stop.

When GV comes back, he comes back with a vengeance!! Bringing the pain. :wow: I agree though. The LeBron/Jordan comparison is stupid and its one of the many reasons people hate LeBron.

So the way I look at it. The 1st qtr will tell if the Spurs can bounce back from the heartbreak.

Stern has blocked the Celtics/clippers trade smh

How can he do that? Isn't he leaving this year? What does he have against Chris Paul? This is the second time he's tried to improve a team he's attempted to improve and has blocked it. So does that mean the Blake/Howard trade will be blocked to? Stern can't get out fast enough. Sucks to be you LA. :o

Stern is such a tyrant. Why the block?

As the Los Angeles Clippers and Boston Celtics seemingly inched closer to an agreement that would bring an end to their on-again, off-again negotiations and finally send both Celtics star forward Kevin Garnett and coach Doc Rivers to Los Angeles, sources close to the process said Thursday that a hurdle at league level threatens to scuttle the talks yet again.

Sources told ESPN.com that it has been communicated to both teams by the league office that the NBA has questions about the proposed transactions involving Garnett and Rivers and the appearance that they are connected.

The teams awoke Thursday, sources said, close to an agreement on separate transactions that would land Garnett and Rivers in Los Angeles. The first is a proposed one-for-one player swap that would send Clippers center DeAndre Jordan to Boston for Garnett, who would waive his no-trade clause to clinch the deal. The second move would require the Clippers to convey two first-round picks to Boston as compensation for the Celtics agreeing to let Rivers out of the three years and $21 million left on his contract.

League rules not only prohibit coaches from being formally “traded” but likewise prevent teams from making any trade or free-agent signing with contingencies or side deals attached. So it is incumbent on the Celtics and Clippers to convince the league office that these transactions would be made independently.

One source with knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com on Thursday that the Celtics and Clippers have been negotiating for days knowing that league rules could well prohibit the transactions from going through.

Another source connected to the talks said Thursday that the Celtics and the Clippers, in the wake of ESPN.com’s report about the league’s concerns, have begun discussing alternative trade constructions to address any potential misgivings from the NBA.

You really think The Kings are my favorite team?

Plain and simple a crab dribble is not a travel, it's a carry if done wrong. Not that it makes much difference it's still a illegal move.

I still don't get the comparison to Ginobili travel. Two way different scenarios

Jordan did a crab dribble the correct way, but from another angle it looks like he slid pivot foot also while carrying the ball

Last edited:
You really think The Kings are my favorite team?

Plain and simple a crab dribble is not a travel, it's a carry if done wrong. Not that it makes much difference it's still a illegal move.

I still don't get the comparison to Ginobili travel. Two way different scenarios

Jordan did a crab dribble the correct way, but from another angle it looks like he slid pivot foot also while carrying the ball

You just wrote that you like the kings.

Anyway. Jordan was dribbling the whole time, so I don't see even close to where the crab dribble is.

Sure why not. You go ahead & keep thinking your right. That's fine with me.

As the Los Angeles Clippers and Boston Celtics seemingly inched closer to an agreement that would bring an end to their on-again, off-again negotiations and finally send both Celtics star forward Kevin Garnett and coach Doc Rivers to Los Angeles, sources close to the process said Thursday that a hurdle at league level threatens to scuttle the talks yet again.

Sources told ESPN.com that it has been communicated to both teams by the league office that the NBA has questions about the proposed transactions involving Garnett and Rivers and the appearance that they are connected.

The teams awoke Thursday, sources said, close to an agreement on separate transactions that would land Garnett and Rivers in Los Angeles. The first is a proposed one-for-one player swap that would send Clippers center DeAndre Jordan to Boston for Garnett, who would waive his no-trade clause to clinch the deal. The second move would require the Clippers to convey two first-round picks to Boston as compensation for the Celtics agreeing to let Rivers out of the three years and $21 million left on his contract.

League rules not only prohibit coaches from being formally “traded” but likewise prevent teams from making any trade or free-agent signing with contingencies or side deals attached. So it is incumbent on the Celtics and Clippers to convince the league office that these transactions would be made independently.

One source with knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com on Thursday that the Celtics and Clippers have been negotiating for days knowing that league rules could well prohibit the transactions from going through.

Another source connected to the talks said Thursday that the Celtics and the Clippers, in the wake of ESPN.com’s report about the league’s concerns, have begun discussing alternative trade constructions to address any potential misgivings from the NBA.

Wow. That seems complicated! No wonder trades don't happen all the time.

There is no right or wrong. It's all opinion here. If everyone can just process every post they read with that in mind first and foremost then you'll have less problems here......just sayin'......(my opinion ;) )

Isn't a crab dribble like a hesitation dribble where you shuffle to the side as well? Why is Manu's travel/no-call being called as a crab dribble when he looked like he was sprinting straight for the basket?

He did throw the ball in front of himself but he quickly put both hands on it because of traffic and then took 3 steps. If he hesitated a bit more with one hand on it he could have gotten an extra 'collect step' and then had both hands on it to take his final 2 and it wouldn't have been thought to be a travel (but it's not like it was called anyways).

There is no right or wrong. It's all opinion here. If everyone can just process every post they read with that in mind first and foremost then you'll have less problems here......just sayin'......(my opinion ;) )

Did you get that tree's permission before hugging it?

I am dialing right now! You won't get away with this!:jedi

I'm gunna report you for directing a sexually suggestive smiley at me. :wow::o

Would you two just go and get a room already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"