2012/2013 NBA thread: Chasing the Dream - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stern has blocked the Celtics/clippers trade smh

I understand the "rules" behind that, Stern doesn't want it to seem like Rivers is being traded. But it still seems strange he's blocking it, and only feeds the image of him as some type of overlord.

Lebron can do more than Magic!!! Are you insane!

I get the feeling that some of you have no understanding of the history of this game. You just hear sound clips & regurgitate them.

To say Lebron can do more than Magic is just insanity! Insanity!

People need to stop confusing skill, athleticism and how we judge players overall. Lebron can do more than Magic, strictly off athleticism. Magic himself says how he never played defense. Like Larry Bird, Magic was a good rebounder & help defender, not a great on-ball lockdown guy covering the whole court like Lebron can. But Lebron can do that fairly easily because of speed & strength those two never possessed, not because he's a better player.

90% of his game is sheer freak athleticism, which is why he's struggling now because SA is making him rely on skill. For all the talk of his improved "post game" it consists of little more than overpowering defenders to shoot a quick layup off the glass with either hand. It's not step-throughs, fadeaways, drop step moves, hook shots, pivots, none of that. And his jumper is still unreliable. His FG % is high because he takes good shots, and also gets to the rim, not because he's a pure shooter.

So like Jordan before him, and it's the only comparison between the two IMO, Lebron has gotten by with sheer domination as a physical anomaly. Jordan incorporated skill to his game as he aged, we'll see if James can do the same, or he'll end up just like D-Wade is right now. But it doesn't make him necessarily a better player than a lot of All-time greats. Basketball is a game of athletics and also intangibles.

Stern doesnt care if Rivers is traded...But he doesnt like that this thing is looking like a Garnett + Rivers package. That the players are forcing their hand

Stern doesnt care if Rivers is traded...But he doesnt like that this thing is looking like a Garnett + Rivers package. That the players are forcing their hand

I thought It's league policy that you can't "trade" coaches, or make it seem that way, which is what this basically does.

If it's already policy to not trade coaches then I can't kill Stern for this. The only thing I criticize him for here is not coming out and saying that immediately instead of days later.

Apparently the workaround the Clippers are thinking about is sending Boston two first round picks for Doc and then revisiting Garnett after July 1st.

So does anyone think Spurs will win game 7? Just about everyone picked Heat to win tonight it seems.

I think if the Heat doesn't blow them out, the Spurs will win. If the Spurs can keep it close, I believe they'll steal it. But that is just a guess. There is a very good chance that LeBron goes into God mode in the last five minutes and takes a close game. There is a chance that LeBron goes into God mode all game and blows the Spurs out. There is a chance that the Spurs play sound, fundamental basketball with hard defense and entirely shut LeBron down. There is a chance that LeBron's inconsistency continues and he plays a weak game. Who knows? This is one of those games that is impossible to call.

Sure why not. You go ahead & keep thinking your right. That's fine with me.
You know I've seen you badmouth and tell him he knows nothing about the history of the game and how you know so much more because you were there and yet I haven't seen you do anything but say "it is because I say so". Instead of harping about how Lebron can't do as much as Magic, prove and explain why Magic can do just as much and more than Lebron. He's actually given reasons why he thinks Lebron is better and more versatile and can do more. All you've done is come back and say he's wrong with nothing to back you other than your own mouth.

Last edited:
Tonight's game is 50/50 in my eyes. I just hope it's not a blow out at the half or else I'll be tuning out midway through the 3rd. I just want to see a good game. Whatever team wins, deserves it at this point - end of story.

Tonight's game is 50/50 in my eyes. I just hope it's not a blow out at the half or else I'll be tuning out midway through the 3rd. I just want to see a good game. Whatever team wins, deserves it at this point - end of story.
I think game 6 proved you shouldn't count anybody out in this final game. Both teams have been streaky. Should be a great game!

The only one I'm counting out is that god awful analyst table ABC keeps schlepping out there. I pray that 3 of the 4 are gone next year. Wilbon is the tolerable one.

I just wonder how the **** Jalen Rose got on there.

I just wonder how the **** Jalen Rose got on there.

Not to mention he damn near MC's the thing. He must **** some good **** at ESPN all those years as the Sportscenter NBA analyst.

Did anybody notice the lone Warriors fan behind Miami's basket? He's got the blue away jersey in a sea of white shirts. LOL, WTF?

Ahhh Miami......don't you ever change....:whatever:

You know I've seen you badmouth and tell him he knows nothing about the history of the game and how you know so much more because you were there and yet I haven't seen you do anything but say "it is because I say so". Instead of harping about how Lebron can't do as much as Magic, prove and explain why Magic can do just as much and more than Lebron. He's actually given reasons why he thinks Lebron is better and more versatile and can do more. All you've done is come back and say he's wrong with nothing to back you other than your own mouth.

Nope. Like I said continue thinking you're right. I really don't care anymore.

Because in 15 - 20 years you will be in the same seat as I am. Flabbergasted that anyone could think that so & so is better than Lebron.

BNPvhoXCQAAFnb7.png:large

I really hate to admit this, really really hate to admit it, but I am kind of hoping Miami wins. They have more than earned the right to dethrone the Spurs.

It would be a nice passing of the torch situation.

I just got to thinking. I can't let all the idiots get in the way of enjoying Lebron. Like I said he isn't compared to anyone. He is just Lebron.

years from now. People are going to wish they had just appreciated him. Instead of worrying who he is compared too. I let my hate for the decision get in the way of that.

Good luck Heat fans.

Strangely enough, this lineup Miami has in the past 3-5 minutes (Allen, Miller/Battier, Anderson/Haslem, Chalmers & Lebron) is the one that gives SA the most problems. I forget the stat, but they've outscored the Spurs something like 48-15 throughout this series. And even more ironically, it's the lineup that most resembles those Cavalier teams from 08-09'. James is just more effective with spot up shooters in the corners, a tenacious rebounder in the paint, and himself at the top of the key orchestrating it all.

Last edited:
"All the hard work and sacrifices we made dog, they say hard work pays off man, lets make that true."

That is the "great leadership," everyone is always going on about? The way ESPN talks you'd think LeBron is Churchill.

"All the hard work and sacrifices we made dog, they say hard work pays off man, lets make that true."

That is the "great leadership," everyone is always going on about? The way ESPN talks you'd think LeBron is Churchill.
About time you showed up man, *sniff* I thought I smelled ****.

?????

What? It's a simple basic ****ing pep talk? Jeez, everything Lebron does is just subject to hard criticism.

I don't blame you tho, it's the media thats put this stigma on Lebron. Lebron is one of those players that loves to live life.

MJ, Magic, and other greats, they breath basketball everyday 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"