2012/2013 NBA thread: Chasing the Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think that lebron should have got a flagrent for it. I do belive it was closer to one then some of the plays he was whining about.

Eh, he had the right to be frustrated. LeBron received some hard fouls that night and the refs looked the other way on a portion of them.

Regardless, players always complain.

You know the whole toughness argument goes both ways. There aren't many guys left in the league that will try to take a charge. I mean, they could try that but of course tackling someone is just easier.
Considering the fact that guys like Lebron, Wade and Kobe are going to get the better share of charge/block calls from the get go, before you even consider the fact that he's freakishly quick for his size and built like a mack truck... yeah, it is easier to consider.

Even if you get good position on him there's a chance you won't get the call with guys like that. That said, I don't have a particularly big issue with Lebron on this one because he hasn't been complaining about it at length, he was s***ty about it at the time as pretty much anyone would be and the rest has been ESPN talking s*** and white knighting on his behalf.

The thing about the Hinrich play though, is that Lebron was about to initiate that contact because he got caught mid-dribble. Hinrich didn't bite on any of his fakes and stayed right in front of him, Lebron was going to travel or charge him and Kirk just grabbed him to help absorb the inevitable impact. But Lebron (and D-Rose & Melo especially) routinely run straight into defenders looking for contact. Can't have it both ways. I didn't like when Rose was trying to criticize the refs last season either.

On another note, I really hope the Lakers don't have the privilege of making it into the playoffs. Another sub par game against a sub par team. They don't deserve the right to compete in the postseason, not this year. Too many injuries, too many turnovers, too much turmoil, too little effort, too little coaching, non existent defense. Too many issues to really name...

Last edited:
Well with Metta World Peace out and Kobe possibly out with an inflamed bone spur maybe they'll get back to winning some games.

They've only won one game since he came back, against the Wizards. After batting at .666 with him out (losing a single game to the Suns who are one of the few teams where he generally can run wild on them, unless he plays stupid, for match-up issues) which is about par for the course when he's not playing.

It sickens me they never call at the end of the game

so lebron wade and chalmers are out vs. the Spurs. Doesn't that mean Miami gets fined cause the spurs did the same thing to them?

We're never going to see these two teams ****ing play. Finals are going to come around and Pop is going to rest Duncan and TP the first game of the series.

Also lol at us handing them this ****ing game when we're battling for top seed in the league.

so lebron wade and chalmers are out vs. the Spurs. Doesn't that mean Miami gets fined cause the spurs did the same thing to them?
No, Heat followed league protocol.

go look at sterns reasons for the fine, them sitting lebron and wade is no different what the spurs did. Unless you really believe Lebron has a "hamstring sprain"

The minute the Heat lost to the Bears, er Bulls, I thought about this being a strong possibility after the long streak. First take out the frustration of the loss on those fawns in New Orleans, then rest against the Spurs (and stick it to ticket buying Spurs fan).

The minute the Heat lost to the Bears, er Bulls, I thought about this being a strong possibility after the long streak. First take out the frustration of the loss on those fawns in New Orleans, then rest against the Spurs (and stick it to ticket buying Spurs fan).

our non heat tickets go for $2.00 so they'll be fine, the ones who get screwed are the ticket buying lebron fans, and I'm okay with the heat flipping them off

I'm not OK with either, but the rest does make sense in this case. I would have loved to have seen the Heat and Spurs duke it out with their big guns because it'll most likely be the last time they play this year.

Last edited:
go look at sterns reasons for the fine, them sitting lebron and wade is no different what the spurs did. Unless you really believe Lebron has a "hamstring sprain"
The Heat informed the league prior to sitting them that they'd be doing. Pop just sprung it on everyone. That's the official reasoning for the fine. But yes, it was mostly for ****ing with the fans in reality. But, because the Heat informed the league and the Spurs beforehand and gave reason for why they're sitting the three, they won't be fined.

Also, Kobe says he will be retiring after his contract is up next season. Anyone thinking Lebron and maybe even D-Wade aren't enroute to LA are foolish.

Obviously it's not over I'm sure Spoelstra can find a way to get his guys to compete. But if the heat win this they are 4 games ahead of the spurs for the best record, that means they rest that last 3 games of the season. Now if the Spurs win the Heat have to win out.

Honestly I find it hard imagining a scenario where the Heat win this game other than Bosh and Allen going off...something which I don't see happening.

I wouldn't want to risk those guys losing their rhythm by resting them for the last games of the season. Maybe just reduce their minutes.

Obviously it's not over I'm sure Spoelstra can find a way to get his guys to compete. But if the heat win this they are 4 games ahead of the spurs for the best record, that means they rest that last 3 games of the season. Now if the Spurs win the Heat have to win out.

The Heats remaining schedule is easier then the Spurs after tonight. San Antonio still has away games at Memphis, OKC and Denver. Toughest game on paper the Heat have left are Boston and Chicago, but both are at home.

Pretty sure my neighbors are calling the police after all my screaming on that Bosh 3. Good Lawd.

Holy **** we won

I underestimated the Heat's P&R D. We have a natural advantage against the Spurs because of that.

Best of seven series I could see Pop adapting to it though, just as Thibbs has been drawing up ways to cut through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"