2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, the title of the thread

Hopefully all this Laker talk will quite down once they don't make the playoffs. It's really the only topic of basketball they talk about on ESPN. It's gotten really annoying, regardless of who to blame. The whole team is at fault for them not performing. The Clippers were on a what, 15 game win streak and they were spoken about for maybe 3 minutes.

[YT]u2L17xHiwV0[/YT]

Hopefully all this Laker talk will quite down once they don't make the playoffs. It's really the only topic of basketball they talk about on ESPN. It's gotten really annoying, regardless of who to blame. The whole team is at fault for them not performing. The Clippers were on a what, 15 game win streak and they were spoken about for maybe 3 minutes.

I've said it before, and this shows that it is very true: ESPN has favorite teams.

I've said it before, and this shows that it is very true: ESPN has favorite teams.

Very much true! They have a freaking Heat index on their main page but yet they are fair?! For OKC to have the best record in the league, its all about the Heat(how great LeBron is and how unstoppable they are and noone stands a chance) and Lakers 24/7.

Given how you incessantly ***** about Mamba here, without any trigger, you're probably one of the last people in the Western Hemisphere that should be complaining about Lakers media coverage.

ESPN has been tantamount to a tabloid for a while. They'll highlight whatever is likely to garner the most attention. That's hot buttons like the Lakers, Heat and/or any form of stupid drama that people will endlessly bemoan, good or bad. That's why Skip Bayless has a job It's been that way years and apparently, it works for ratings, advertisers or whatever else, so they keep at it. I don't think they care one way or another about teams/players beyond what gets people to respond, one way or another.

Outside of games, I rarely watch ESPN anymore; pretty much since I got sick of their sensationalist and negatively-skewed bull**** about the Heat in 2010. You can get rationale and more diverse coverage of things elsewhere.

Last edited:
Hi, everyone. This is Brandon Jennings. He's a low efficiency chucker with a career sub-40 FG%. He would like a max contract this offseason.

nope.gif

tattoo Mister J;25160665]Given how you incessantly ***** about Mamba here, without any trigger, you're probably one of the last people in the Western Hemisphere that should be complaining about Lakers media coverage.

ESPN has been tantamount to a tabloid for a while. They'll highlight whatever is likely to garner the most attention. That's hot buttons like the Lakers, Heat and/or any form of stupid drama that people will endlessly bemoan, good or bad. That's why Skip Bayless has a job It's been that way years and apparently, it works for ratings, advertisers or whatever else, so they keep at it. I don't think they care one way or another about teams/players beyond what gets people to respond, one way or another.

Outside of games, I rarely watch ESPN anymore; pretty much since I got sick of their sensationalist and negatively-skewed bull**** about the Heat in 2010. You can get rationale and more diverse coverage of things elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Gawd forbid that someone says something about the Lakers AKA Kobe's team when they are on ESPN every day, all day. :whatever: And the real reason for your wrath was me mentioning that Heat index on ESPN's home page. But whatever, we are all entitled to our own opinion. Probably why this thread has barely had a pulse the past 3 weeks.

On a side note, the Knicks are talking about trading Shump for Dudley?! :huh: When did Dudley become a good commodity to have? If they were willing to give up Dragic, I'd say do it in a heartbeat but Dudley? I'm sorry but that is a horrible trade.

Ben Gordon for Humphrey? That is a MJ move. I honestly think Humphrey is not playing because of the Kanye/Kim thing. Dude was producing this year then all of a sudden he got benched for no reason whatsoever. And at the time, these guys were like 11-4. Then AJ just sat him down because he "needed something different" and then these guys just started to lose. It baffles the mind. :huh:

Last edited:
Clippers vs. knicks! Where you at Docker

Clippers vs. knicks! Where you at Docker

Clippers by 10. I don't understand the line up of playing Shump at
3. That small ball is playing into the Clips and Heat's hand. The one advantage we have over the Heat is size so why are we going small? This team won a lot lately by the skin of their teeth and more or less the other team just lost it. I think reality is setting in on Felton, Kidd is looking older and Melo is going to get hurt playing the 4. Mark. My. Words.

Gawd forbid that someone says something about the Lakers AKA Kobe's team when they are on ESPN every day, all day. :whatever: And the real reason for your wrath was me mentioning that Heat index on ESPN's home page. But whatever, we are all entitled to our own opinion. Probably why this thread has barely had a pulse the past 3 weeks.
Actually, I couldn't care less about your or anyone else's opinion of the Heat Index. Nice attempt at deflection though. :up:

My point was to mention your hypocrisy. You willfully snipe about Mamba and/or the Lakers struggles... endlessly. Then, you turn around and complain that they get too much coverage. That's why they get the coverage; because people, like you, are more than happy to continually prattle on about them. You think a multibillion dollar company is in the business of driving people away or do you think they're going to push topics that elicit a response and keep web traffic high? Don't blame the media outlet(s). Blame the people who create and sustain a demand for skewed coverage. I hear Home Depot has a good sale on mirrors.

This thread has barely had a pulse for a lot longer than three weeks and the reason is probably closer to what Anubis cited a while back; because pretty much all that goes on in here is same recycled whiny, infantile "boo****". Lather, rinse, repeat. On that note, the Lakers visit Miami today. Heads will likely explode, regardless of the outcome. :wow:

Last edited:
To sum that entire post up into a sentence; infamy is just as powerful as fame.

On a side note, the Knicks are talking about trading Shump for Dudley?! :huh: When did Dudley become a good commodity to have? If they were willing to give up Dragic, I'd say do it in a heartbeat but Dudley? I'm sorry but that is a horrible trade.

Ben Gordon for Humphrey? That is a MJ move. I honestly think Humphrey is not playing because of the Kanye/Kim thing. Dude was producing this year then all of a sudden he got benched for no reason whatsoever. And at the time, these guys were like 11-4. Then AJ just sat him down because he "needed something different" and then these guys just started to lose. It baffles the mind. :huh:
Shumpert/Dudley is a non-starter. Won't happen. Maybe if D'Antoni was still in New York.

The Nets want another shooter to space the floor. Of course, I thought that's what Joe Johnson and the huge stacks of money in his contract were for, but that's another story. Humphries and Evans are fairly similar, except that Hump has a far higher contract and some concept of offense. The run in January where they went 10-1 was with Evans as the starter and Hump on spot duty. Starting PF is not the source of their issues, win or lose. Charlotte doesn't really need Gordon, particularly not at that price tag and with Henderson coming up for a new contract. A trade makes sense on both sides; nothing world-changing, but there are worse things.

People kill me with the Kim/Kanye nonsense. Jay-Z, who has a minority stake in the Nets (an extremely narrow minority according to some outlets) is telling Billy King to tell Avery before and now PJ, to bench a player because of some stupid beef with an ex who is now dating his boy... all the while they're paying him 12M? Meanwhile, Prokorov is cool with all this because he's worth 13B and is more than happy to let this reality show drama affect his 100M payroll. Yeah, that's perfectly reasonable. It couldn't be because of a pure personnel decision; even a bad one. That never happens.

To sum that entire post up into a sentence; infamy is just as powerful as fame.
Well said. My first reaction was that this was something FDR said at some point, but it doesn't seem so. Then, I thought that you could be FDR... with less polio and more flair, but you don't strike me as 121 years old. Now, I'm on the theory that there might be some sort of cloning operation involved. Maybe a transferred consciousness into a new body like Lex Luthor.

I suppose you could be Lex Luthor, but he's fictional... right?

Well Jay does have SOME say, though a small one. When Humphries started, he produced and these guys were winning, even a contender in the east. Since the demotion, they have fallen to the middle of the pack. And don't tell me you'd pick Evans over Humphries. The contract, I understand but they just signed the guy so they can only blame themselves. And why would they bench a guy when they are winning? They didn't need a line up change at that time but ever since then, the team has been streaky at best. They almost had a team with players all playing classic positions who can all score but now that is gone. I actually think this move won't help either team as much as people think.

Jay has just about the same amount of say as Stan Lee does at Marvel; he's a showpiece. A mascot put in place to fool the unknowing that he actually has some importance.

We agree to a degree but it still doesn't make sense to make changes when it wasn't necessary and you've done nothing but be mediocre since.

Well Jay does have SOME say, though a small one. When Humphries started, he produced and these guys were winning, even a contender in the east. Since the demotion, they have fallen to the middle of the pack. And don't tell me you'd pick Evans over Humphries. The contract, I understand but they just signed the guy so they can only blame themselves. And why would they bench a guy when they are winning? They didn't need a line up change at that time but ever since then, the team has been streaky at best. They almost had a team with players all playing classic positions who can all score but now that is gone. I actually think this move won't help either team as much as people think.
Yes he does have some say, but wouldn't someone with a larger say chime in with "Hey, what the hell is going on with the starting lineup? Sit your camel-looking ass down, Mr. Carter." Again, they won 10 out of 11 in January with Humphries doing the basketball equivalent of holding a clipboard. Brooklyn's struggles are because Williams and Johnson aren't playing up to max contracts.

Humphries is a better player than Evans, but him getting that much money to me was part of some fallback plan to lure Dwight in a trade. Fail. A move might help Charlotte in the short term; better rebounding, more of an opportunity for Kemba, Henderson and MKG to grow offensively. The Nets won't be consistent until their higher paid names get it together... and decide against tuning out another coach.

Last edited:
Well said. My first reaction was that this was something FDR said at some point, but it doesn't seem so. Then, I thought that you could be FDR... with less polio and more flair, but you don't strike me as 121 years old. Now, I'm on the theory that there might be some sort of cloning operation involved. Maybe a transferred consciousness into a new body like Lex Luthor.

I suppose you could be Lex Luthor, but he's fictional... right?
Riiiight... Fictional.

Thank goodness Joey Crawford is calling the game today. He's the only one calling it right thus far. Yes. I'm serious. :dry:

Did I call that game or what? That winning streak was bigger fools gold than gold painted bricks. I can see this team falling to the 5th seed if some things don't change.

Shumpert/Dudley is a non-starter. Won't happen. Maybe if D'Antoni was still in New York.

And on the flip-side from our point of view, I think it's a horrible trade that only makes sense contractually because Shump is getting paid next to nothing. Our management's a bunch of idiots though so I'm not surprised... They get remorse over the road not travelled all the time and chase guys too hard, look at the countless times we went after Sam Dalembert. Shumpert's another one of those guys we're going after because they regret not drafting him in the first place.

Personally, I'd rather keep Dudley. He's the closest thing we have to a leader figure in the locker room, defensively I think he's better on the perimeter (although I'd say Shumpert would probably find himself getting less out-muscled inside if he's covering good post up guards, but in our conference that pretty much begins and ends with Kobe) and offensively he's pretty much just figured out his niche in the league setting personal FG% records and being one of the best guards in the league in terms of FG% (although saying that he has slumped recently - which makes trading him now seem even more baffling because his value's comparatively low, if we offered about a month ago it could have been pretty much a player-for-player "fair" deal - now we have to add sweetners to make the Knicks take the better of the two players).

The fact that the deal apparently includes us throwing in a first round pick and to me that's terrible with the only upside being that we won't be paying anywhere near as much for Shumpert over the next three years as we are for Dudley. But that's because Shump is still on his bargain bin rookie contract.

And the fact that Docker threw in Dragic just shows he has no concept of the value of the players involved. It's a cash deal so we can do something in the free agent market, which we clearly need to... but I'd rather not do it at the expense of Dudley.

Last edited:
I'm just going to put it plainly, Dudly can shoot but that's it. He's not a good defender, marginal at best. I don't think trading him for Shump is a fair swap even with the draft pick because this team has a small window and I think Dragic would help this team a lot more than Dudley will. And I know that the contracts don't match but if you are going to trade Shump to Phoenix, I wouldn't do it for Dudley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"