2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Thread Manager, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

lol Clips and Thunder ****ting the bed on the same night.

2. JaD

JaD Thriller Night

There was a lot of hype surrounding the Timberwolves this year and I was rooting for them to be a sleeper hit and sneak into the playoffs too but man, 23 wins? What a disappointing season for them. At the same time they were all kinds of bruised and battered up this year.

3. Mr. Dent

Well this was unexpected....

4. Mr. Dent

This Hea/Cas game has been crazy, even more crazy than Heat/Boston. A fan ran out on the court lol.

5. Mister J

Mister J Ack Acka Dak Dak Daka Ack

Why not just take care of business from the start? Why just **** with me like that?

6. Donut

Donut Well-Known Member

That is how any team named Miami rolls

7. JaD

JaD Thriller Night

2 epic Miami games in a row, just too much to take dude. :awesome:

Leaky scoreboards, crazy fans running onto the court, LeBron heat checks, and epic 27 point comebacks. Whew. I'm exhausted.

8. Mr. Dent

Those 3 back to back 3s by Lebron was insane. I like how he just stood there after the second and looked into the stands.

9. Mister J

[​IMG]

10. The Guardian

The Guardian Forever In Darkness

WOW, JUST WOW, what a game, incredible comeback by the Heat!:wow: I almost had a heart attack watching this game lol. Way to go guys, but damn do you have to cut it so damn close lol? 24 in a row baby!:awesome:

11. JaD

JaD Thriller Night

This one reminded me of his crazy heat check against the Bucks when he went on a tear for like 3 minutes straight. 3 after 3 after 3 after 3.Fast forward to 2:22 for the similar standing tall 3 and eyeing the crowd but the whole run was insane. His teammates swarmed him when the Bucks finally called timeout :funny:

12. Mr. Dent

Lebron officially has Mamba blood lol. Back to back clutch performances. Insane. I just hope the Heat don't continue digging these huge holes.

13. Mr. Dent

lol OKC losing to Memphis and Denver back to back. Heat and Thunder heading in completely different directions lol.

14. BatSpider

BatSpider Not an S

Heat-Nuggets Finals. Mark it down.

15. DoomsdayApex

DoomsdayApex Well-Known Member

Damn LeGod, when you gonna take a break? :o

Seriously, that clutch talk has been history for awhile, but if any detractor still holds doubts... yeah, tonight should shut you up. LJ just tore Cleveland's donor heart out in the nastiest way possible -- by giving Cleveland false hope again.

16. SolarTiger

SolarTiger Well-Known Member

Lebron has no flaws now. He used to be a mediocre 3 point shooter and disappear in the clutch, but now he's sniping threes and closing games like it ain't no thang.

Lebron is literally the perfect basketball player.

17. Mr. Dent

Teams are 6-2,013 in the last 15 seasons coming back from 27 down in the second half lmao.

18. DoomsdayApex

I don't care what people say, but even if LeBron doesn't get six rings he still might end up surpassing Jordan. He's the most complete player in the game and he's dominating in such a fashion that 'godly' is the only way to describe him at times.

19. Doc Samson

Doc Samson Superhero Psychiatrist

I'd say he has the perfect basketball player mentality. But this was one of those games where he should've came out and put his foot on their neck in the first half. Instead, he was cold and decided to fall back, which is cool & commendable.

But TBH, Shane Battier might be the "timeliest" player I've ever seen. Since the postseason last year, he has a knack of hitting the big shot at the exact time it's needed, making the perfect defensive play at the right moment. He's an irritant in the nicest way possible, and always there when something is needed the most.

20. BatSpider

BatSpider Not an S

Why thank you

[​IMG]

21. SolarTiger

SolarTiger Well-Known Member

Don't know about that. If MJ was doing what he did back then now in the social media age, people would be going even more bananas. 6 for 6 when it comes to championships with six final MVPs.

I think Lebron will end up top 5 for sure when everything is said and done. If he wins 5 or 6 rings he might be widely considered the 2nd best player of all time. But the fact that MJ never lost in the finals, and never even let a finals get to a game 7 is seriously impressive.

Doesn't take anything away from Lebron though.

22. Doc Samson

Doc Samson Superhero Psychiatrist

If he would've hung around, he might have. There's no doubt in my mind Hakeem would of been the best player he ever faced in a Finals. And no Center in Bulls history would come close to having an answer. No disrespect to Patrick Ewing, Mutumbo, Mourning, Shaq or any of those guys. But none of them could do anything with the Dream either. MJ running through them isn't exactly the same feat...

Sheesh. Well, never said the man was much of a looker...

23. Mister J

Bulls/Rockets mid-90s Finals would have been pretty interesting.
    [​IMG]

24. DoomsdayApex

Jordan had one of the greatest teams ever assembled with one of the greatest coaches in basketball history at the helm. LeBron's legacy will always be viewed as a 'disappointment' during his early years but James was the only reason why Cleveland even made to the playoffs and finals. Granted, his mental state was questionable during that era and he wasn't a true leader, but let's not forget that while Jordan was a fierce competitor in his younger years he too was criticized for his lack of maturity and leadership intangibles. Six titles erased all that.

25. Hound55

Hound55 Byfar The Most Evil Thing

93-94 I think they would have been fine.

Cartwright was one of the best, most consistent defenders in the league when it came to defending against specifically Hakeem.

He'd probably have done better than Ewing and certainly would have done better than Shaq and that would have been more than enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.