2012 Major League Baseball: Showdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see Price being the ace in Chicago Cubs

Melkey to the Blue Jays also. This is all looking good. Can't wait to see how it all goes horribly wrong.

The big trade isn't expected to be finalized until Monday.

BTW, qualifiers for the World Baseball Classic are underway. Canada and Spain have already advanced into the March Tournament, which means one thing: Canada will not have the same team they had in the qualifiers. Instead, they will try to load their team up with Major Leaguers.

BTW, qualifiers for the World Baseball Classic are underway. Canada and Spain have already advanced into the March Tournament, which means one thing: Canada will not have the same team they had in the qualifiers. Instead, they will try to load their team up with Major Leaguers.

Load Up? Canada? LOLZ

Should be interesting to see what happens with the Hall of Fame voting, with Bonds, Clemens, and Sosa on the ballot for the first time.

I think Biggio and Schilling have a better chance of making it before they do.

I just heard how certain members were saying they would boycott the ceremony if someone like Bonds or McGwire was voted in. Honestly, I would not blame them.

bad place Pete Rose still isn't in lol

I kind of feel bad for Rose because in terms of his performance on the field, he did earn the top spot with the most hits and stuff. But at the same time, he did put the integrity of the game in question with the betting, and that's just as bad as players giving themselves an unfair edge over others.

Not saying I'm in support of Bonds or McGwire but they never broke any rules while they were playing. Despite the obviousness of it Bonds has never actually admitted to or been proven to be using.

Rose knew what he was doing so I don't feel much sympathy for him. Its not like they erased his stats, people know he was a great player regardless of Hall of Fame.

I kind of feel bad for Rose because in terms of his performance on the field, he did earn the top spot with the most hits and stuff. But at the same time, he did put the integrity of the game in question with the betting, and that's just as bad as players giving themselves an unfair edge over others.

he never bet on his own team though. if its ok to place bets on games in vegas, there shouldnt be an issue with him betting on two teams he has nothing to do with.... it certainly shouldnt keep him out of the hall of fame... his betting had nothing to do with being a bad ash on the field.

Not saying I'm in support of Bonds or McGwire but they never broke any rules while they were playing. Despite the obviousness of it Bonds has never actually admitted to or been proven to be using.

Rose knew what he was doing so I don't feel much sympathy for him. Its not like they erased his stats, people know he was a great player regardless of Hall of Fame.
Well the same can be said Piazza who has said to be linked, but not directly involved with PEDs. So just the link alone is enough to make people suspicious and weary to vote for them.

And isn't Rose still banned from any kind of baseball activity or event?
he never bet on his own team though. if its ok to place bets on games in vegas, there shouldnt be an issue with him betting on two teams he has nothing to do with.... it certainly shouldnt keep him out of the hall of fame... his betting had nothing to do with being a bad ash on the field.
I don't really know the specifics of his case, but I'd imagine that either there was some kind of specific rule banning that, or the fear that being an active member in the league, he was using some inside information to profit for himself.

Braves sign BJ Upton for 5 years, 75 million....

Now we can watch Uggla and Upton combine for 300 strike outs :doh:

BJ Upton, what a waste of potential. At least he's on the right side of 30.

yea he turns 29 in august or september. i understand the need for a big bat with Uggla underperforming and chipper gone... but i dont know about this one... especially against the pitching in the NL east and his 10000000 strikeouts.

Well yea since he only signed for two years and $26 million not five years.

BJ Uptons contract is the biggest in Braves history. I think we needed a consistent hitter like Chipper, not strikeout machine with 30 homers. Then again, Upton's one downfall is strikeouts... 30/30 guy, great defense. I never really followed Tampa Bay, but some friends of mine down there say we will be calling for his head soon lol.

From Jayson Stark via Twitter:

Sources say #Mets have gotten "serious" about trading R.A. Dickey as soon as this week. #Rangers & #Royals seen as most logical fits.

Why would they trade their only good pitcher? I'd love to see The Dick back in a Twins uniform

Maybe because the Mets are no where near contending?

He's not their only good pitcher. The problem last year was the horrible production they got out of their OF.

What are the odds he has a repeat of last season anyway? At some point they're going to figure him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"